NVIDIA GeForce 528.24 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 24, 2023.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I had to reinstall all my games to accommodate this driver with my 4080 to better run in 4K. Still some slight shimmering issues in Hitman 3 when ray tracing is applied. But it may not be exclusive to these drivers

2. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    BUG: The computer screen (well, specifically an HDMI 2.1 LG OLED C9) sometimes wakes up from full system sleep with a heavy red tint if OS-HDR was enabled (this might not be mandatory) when it went to sleep. WORKAROUND: Only a full reboot seems to help (not manual screen off/on, not a manual resolution change away/back, not toggling OS-HDR off/on).
    SDR remains tinted after turning HDR off but I never saw this happening without HDR being enabled before sleep (but it only happened a few times, so...).

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats.... not how data works.

4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Thanks for the reply that's an awesome loading time, I go download the Demo and see for myself :)

[Edit] that loading time is lightning fast, and no frame drops noticed the game runs fluent, I'm really impressed. :)
    Can't wait for Direct Storage in every game.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    OnnA likes this.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    [​IMG]

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Well lets put it like this, after a reinstallation of Hitman 3 with all the latest shiny updates and bits and bobs for the game, (DLSS, ray tracing etc) using this driver the stuttering ingame is epic!!

7. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Stop going to r/PCMR for help lol

dr_rus, Dan Longman and Colocopia like this.
  8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I don't think there's any change in Hitman 3. China town map already stuttered before, but lots of others didn't and still don't. RT always has been a stuttery mess in this game.

9. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    after more testing i decided to rollback to previous driver that being 528.02, it just performs better, at least for me on my 3060 plus less hot than on latest one.

10. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I've not tried NIS in quite a while, but when I used it today I noticed that it temporary distorts the display frame, turning it into a kind of a checkerboard pattern whenever an element appears on the screen which isn't affected by NIS.
    Here's an example of how it looks with NIS at 77% scale when Xbox overlay is opened:
    [​IMG]
    From the looks of it, when a "NIS incompatible" overlay or notification appears, NIS toggles off (sharpening disappears) and this kind of checkerboard frame distortion happens, persists until the "incompatible" element goes away and toggles itself back on restoring the image.
    Steam Overlay for example works fine. Taking a screenshot with the Xbox overlay in the "broken" state results in a normal screenshot in a downscaled res (as it should) hence the phone pic.
    This wasn't the case the last time I used NIS, there was no such visual glitches with the Xbox overlay or other notifications. Not sure what's changed though, the only recent NIS change was that it can now be enabled on a per-app basis so maybe this is why it happens?
    Anyone else uses NIS with downscaled resolutions and sees similar behavior?
    Kind of annoying since I use Xbox overlay sometimes for screenshots or controlling the volume mixer while in-game but even the screenshot taken notification temporary distorts the image while that notification is present on screen.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    ?

12. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Wither 3 feel better for me then previous driver. Maybe even better then 527.

XantaX and OnnA like this.
  13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Ah, the unsuccessful ending to the game Growth Spurt 3?

14. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    MaxxMEM2 :)

15. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Reinstalling your games is pointless.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Same here on Maxwell. No downscaling, just normal upscaling. However, it only happens with fullscreen optimizations enabled, or with DX12. It doesn't happen with Vulkan. And it doesn't happen with the game set to 1080p (I have a 1440p display.) It only happens with the other NIS resolutions. 1080p is not a NIS resolution and it seems to be handled differently. And in fact it appears that using NIS with resolutions other than the specific ones it adds as "scaled" resolutions in the NVCP doesn't give as good results. Unfortunately, there's zero documentation from NVidia on what resolutions are preferable with NIS.

It appears this is the result of the shader being toggled on/off on Maxwell and Pascal GPUs, since I believe Turing and later use a different method to implement NIS. Apparently they don't even need a shader?

windrunnerxj likes this.
  17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I mean sometimes running a local installation check from within Steam/etc helps. But mostly in case of issues like a game not even starting. Reinstalling is pointless though.

XantaX and Passus like this.
  18. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Thanks. I've switched away from GFE or Xbox overlay for all screenshot/recording things but it's kind of unusable now with NIS.
    Having an option to use NIS on a per-app basis is certainly nice for older GPUs to avoid that global performance hit but at the same time even enabling NIS globally still breaks the image with certain overlayed elements so not sure whether it's even related to the per-app change. Not like the overall performance changed or anything, at least I don't see any changes for the better on my card.
    One can only hope that with DLSS forcing people to use NIS for sharpening, Nvidia will spend some time to improve it for everyone including older GPUs.

19. Demiser

Demiser Member

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB
    That per app toggle is kinda pointless since even though you enable it for just one app/game nis is actually enabled globally just like before. Atleast that's what I've noticed in my case. MPO also gets disabled and the nis resolutions appear in any game. Turn off nis in that app/games profile and nis gets disabled globally again. Nvidia just making things look like they are listening but not really doing so. Nothing new.

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Not exactly the same behavior I see on my end. While it's true that enabling NIS on any app adds downscaled resolutions to the global list, it's about the only thing that it does.
    I didn't see any performance drops from having NIS enabled this way unlike the global NIS, and no sharpening was applied. When I try to use any of the custom NIS resolutions in a game where NIS is not enabled in the profile, I see the same checkerboard image distortion like in the example above.
    No idea about MPO, but can't say I noticed any difference having it on/off back when it had issues and people had to use reg tweaks to disable it.