AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Indra881, Dec 1, 2022.

1. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    I can also trigger it when running MPC-HC with MadVR on the secondary screen + chrome and game on the main screen.
    Can you test it with Chrome?
    With only freesync enabled on the main screen?
    Thank you.

Some addition to my ram timing problem...
    I'm currently playing Dead Space, which has insane stuttering while transitioning between areas.
    I used the following optimized ram timings:
    14-14-14-28-42
    RRDS 4
    RRDL 6
    FAW 16
    RFC 288 / 160ns

With the default XMP settings:
    14-14-14-34-48
    630 / 350ns

I have way less stuttering.
    hmm..

Exostenza and Cp0 like this.
  2. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    So why are people eager for new drivers? Are there new titles that absolutely require a driver update or some serious issues? I know there are always some issues in addition to the listed known issues, but why the hurry? Are there some awaited new features coming up?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  3. user1-guru3d

user1-guru3d Guest

GPU:
    rx 580
    This new OpenGL driver is really rough. In one of my games I get severe fps drops that I didn't get with the old OpenGL driver and in another game I get completely broken rendering to the point that I can't even see the game menu. I lost all my patience, especially now when drivers are 7900 exclusive, so I did this:
    I found the folder in system32 where all AMD UMD drivers are located, set user permissions to that folder (since every folder in system32 is owned by "SYSTEM") and replaced the 2 .dll files of the OpenGL driver with the old ones from 22.5.1. If you're interested, the dll files are atio6axx.dll and atioglxx.dll

tunejunky likes this.
  4. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    A lot of users experience blackscreens grey screens pink screens etc while alt tabbing or at random even from resizing or moving a window, gpu driver crashes freezes etc and its been issue for months, the moment 22.11.2 got recommended the amount of reported driver issues went up, and now it went down again probably cos lot users just rolled back to 22.5.1.

I installed linux again last night was googling how to do something and first mention i see question of user asking same question and if others also switched to linux because of driver issues on windows, so the issues are widespread enough that you will find other users with problems even when not searching specifically for it.

There also the issue that both AMD Microsoft are ignoring MPO issues disabling MPO comes with new issues, in the end its only a bandaid not a fix.

Stability has gone up but it still takes 2 minutes for me to trigger a blackscreen doing daily task that i do 2 times a day, so for me it feels like since 22.5.2 nothing changed in stability, it drives me absolutely insane, even more when users tell me its just hardware problem no its not already proofed that its not by disabling MPO or even installing linux which more sensitive to stability issue with hardware then windows.

Biggest issue tho is the lack of communication from AMD all they do is communicate via YouTubers, they do not communicate them self about these issues, its as if they are disconnected from reality, latest rumors are there only 2 people working on driver team as well which only makes things worse, your not suppose to have only 2 people working on driver team, some of us payed a lot of money for our cards it does not matter if its slightly cheaper then Nvidia, we have the right of having stable drivers, thats all if asked for and they so far only failed to respond on these issues.

5. Vladimir545

Vladimir545 Member

GPU:
    6800xt Red Devil
    These are rumors and nonsense, only 2 people cannot work on modern video drivers, this is extremely complex software, comparable in complexity to a simple Os in terms of the amount of code and required knowledge in many area.

This is extremely unlikely.

Only in AMD Linux team became at least on 10 programmers more in 2019 year

https://www.phoronix.com/news/AMD-Hiring-10-More-Open-Source

The fact that Amd needs to allocate more money to the R&D department and expand the staff, improve quality control, this is obvious.
    Any hardware, even the best hardware without software, is dead. But when you're not a market leader, it's hard to compete.
    Amd has cool hardware, everything spoils the software support, thats one of the reason why they are loosing market.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  6. The Vulkan 22.11.2 drivers give me 5-10 less peak FPS compared to 22.2.3 with Diablo II Resurrected, and drops me below 60 FPS in places where it'd be otherwise higher. This is with AF in-game at 1x in both cases (some driver(s) 22.5.2+ had high GPU load with AF)

I haven't tested regular 22.11.2 and can't recall specific FPS from any other driver with D2R 22.5.2+, but I had assumed all drivers above 22.5.2 with the PAL stuff would be either on-par or better performance for DX12

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2023
  7. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Agreed fully!

I should have said, "my friend was able to figure out a less than ideal band-aid to put over his gaping wound which seems to be able to temporarily keep him from bleeding out." AMD not being able to figure out why hardware acceleration black screens their cards on some machines for so damn long now is absolutely unacceptable. I was just happy that he found a temporary solution and didn't have to resort selling his card and going nVidia which is why I was a little too positive in the approach I took to that post.

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Anyone else have trouble getting hotkeys to work while in game? Metrics overlay, recording, etc? Mine don't seem to work at all, ever. Yes, they are toggled on along with the overlay and metric tracking/logging selections.

A few times in Darksiders II the record key worked, but the metrics overlay would not. So kind of random what works or doesn't, or when it decides to or not.

Edit - Testing with Warframe (DX11 and 12). Oddly, I did record a video from this one before, but now it has decided not to work.

1. Fullscreen = metrics stay if shown before launching game(but can't be turned off), but nothing else works.
    2. Fullscreen (FSO disabled) = metrics doesn't even remain on screen and nothing else works.
    3. Borderless Window = same as #1

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  9. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Installing arch linux manually was less stressful then the stability of these drivers in the last 6 months, noticing huge trend that those that have much worse issues usually run chrome, while those that are more stable run firefox so i guess those most stable probably also run much less apps based on chromium.

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    You have a Four Window Activate (tFAW) at 16, but the RRDL doesn't fit inside it. It should be 4, like the RRDS.

11. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    That should be ideal but if it's unstable at 4 4 16, 4 6 16 also works. At least one them has to fit tFAW, not both. Both is ideal but not always possible.

12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    You might be able to stabilize it with GDM, if it's not enabled already.
    Some people managed to do it by hanging some of the impedances. But his can be a lot of trial and error.

13. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Yeah...it's a lot of wasted time for little performance gains. Only worth it if you want to break a record in some benchmark imho.

14. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Out of interest, which game was this with?

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AMD has not released a new graphics driver for its Radeon RX 6000 "RDNA 2" GPUs in the past two months.

AMD's RDNA 2 "Radeon RX 6000" GPUs Left Out As Red Team Focuese Its Driver Work On New RDNA 3 "Radeon RX 7000" GPUs
    Since the launch of AMD's Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards based on the RDNA 3 graphics architecture, the red team has released four drivers & all four of these drivers have been entirely exclusive to the new cards.

https://wccftech.com/amd-has-not-re...r-for-rdna-2-radeon-rx-6000-gpus-in-2-months/

https://twitter.com/FlorinMusetoiu/...r-for-rdna-2-radeon-rx-6000-gpus-in-2-months/

16. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    DXVK Async and 1 specific option helped me get reliably performance on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Made a Steam thread about (AMD in 2022, smth like that).

PapaJohn likes this.
  17. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Feb 1st would technically be "2 months" without drivers for pre-RDNA3.

But it was the Christmas Break. I'll cut them some slack. Dec 20-Jan 5 isn't really 2 working weeks.

MerolaC likes this.
  18. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Is it me or are videos sharper on linux then with windows with firefox, its way more blurry on windows
    [​IMG]
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-7-1
    I guess it was not fixed.
    the difference is noticeably visible on a 3840x1600 even in picture in picture on windows is slightly blurry while in linux is perfectly sharp, this is while using the same browser like firefox on both arch linux as well as windows 11

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  19. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Just you

20. I haven't noticed any difference. I use Firefox and usually Fedora, although I'm not sure if I ever set-up hw-accelerated video playback on Linux Firefox.