Sony PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by tsunami231, Apr 16, 2019.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Yes to Pavlov! played that on PC. Very well implemented VR FPS.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    NMS with the PSVR on the PS5 was stunning, and it was only running in back compat mode, but what they PS5 did for that first PSVR HMD was stunning, i had no idea it could be that sharp, so i have no quams that the PSVR2 is going to be amazing on every level.

Although i hope this year they at least bring out a smaller or more normal design, one that will fit unde rmy TV without wobbling. lol

Oh and one of my fave things about the PSVR is that you can use it as a simple HMD for playing normal 2d games, ao you end up with this 120in screen in front of you, so i hope this feature comes as standard with the PSVR2.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Xbox is literally just DirectX on s thin windows hypervisor.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

tad bit late on that quote... that post is from may of 2019 were you bored and looking for some thing to quote ? :D it no secret xbox is using DX and slim version of windows

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the thread actually opened to that post for some reason lol.

tsunami231 likes this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hahah either forums like me? or hate me? maybe ghost in system? maybe Hilbert still doing behind scenes thing on the forum.

Any who i hear new "elite" controllers for ps5 or being release soon i also hear they have EVEN worse battery life then dualsense. they "about" on par to ds4 which terrible IF one turns of haptic stuff ( trigger intensity) which i turn off. I was gona buy one but not at price and not if battery life is worse. Guess I wait and see if 8bitdo does actual ps5 controller with back switch like they did for xbox.

not sold on the 8bitdo controller quality thought. got left stick drift and lost of range with in 6 months. despite that best controller i used for pc though, the switch to hall sense for analogs need to happen industry wide and soon alps parts use are terrible.

last 5 years 4 F710 (logitec) dont like stay installed on windows 10 and when it does super lagy and lose connection at 3 feet, 1 ifyoo controller (nothing wrong with other then dpad mat need to be replaced and analogs never did angles directions with out huge deadzones. and 1 8bitdo xbox pro wired (lose of analog range and drift in 6months) and 2 dual sense controllers, one had broke trigger in 2 months 2nd and drift with in 4months give or take. current still working correctly *knock* on wood. meah while ever ever controller i had before then including all playstations system all have there original controllers not single issue. i seriously question the quality of parts in thing these days. and why i play has not changed.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    SteamWorld Build. Makers of the outstanding SteamWorld Dig series.

9. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Anyone thinking about the PS5 Pro? I may take a pass. My main reason for purchasing a PS5 was so I could play GOW Ragnarok, Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank and see the better performance of PS4 AAA games. I didn't play my consoles much before Ragnarok and they're collecting dust now. Shortages, and lack of games due to COVID kinda took the wind out of my Sony sails.

Sony states their chip shortage is over. It technically should be easier to purchase a PS5 Pro system for people who are interested.

Videocard prices are outrageous again. I wonder if many PC players will migrate to console due to the state of PC part prices. If Sony manufacturer enough systems it may attract more PC gamers.

On second thought.....nah! Sony will probably play the supply and demand game and capitalize on the consumer. We'll see. I've read the release date may be in April.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    What PS5 pro ? There is no PS5 pro , first new PS5 out will be the one without the Blue ray drive. (and sold seperately).

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    So my pre-order of the dualsense edge just arrived at my house, but i'm at work. Once I play with it tonight i'll let you guys know how it is and how I like it.

Maddness, serbicu and Ghosty like this.
  12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    After being on the fence for a while I finally decided to pre-order PSVR2, I dug out the original PSVR last weekend and played a bit of No Mans Sky and that’s pretty much convinced me to go for the new one.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Let us know your impressions once you get hands on with it.

14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    So I've been playing with the edge controller for about 12 hours or so.

As someone who has not owned a scuff this is a great welcome for me.

The back buttons are metal as you all know and are really impressive. I love the magnetic attach method.

I'm using one short dome stick in the left and tall dome in the right. They feel excellent in terms of grip and the overall motion of the sticks is very smooth.

It goes without saying that the software is where it shines. The ability to change the deadzone and response of the sticks is amazing and it's so easy to use and switch modes.

My aim has improved so much in bf2042 and MW2.

Overall I'm happy with my preorder and has made gaming on console for me all the more enjoyable.

Maddness and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    how is the battery life? i read alot people say it worse? I really would like one but if it worse then original dualsense that huge draw back seeing original all had bad life i and turned of most trigger intensity and put vibration on low..

Despite quailty issue ( drift and lost and 40% or more range at random) on the 8bitdo xbox pro 2 wired i using for pc those back paddle are god send, seriously think the R3/L3 buttons need to be removed from left/right analog as it does not and never has felt nature, always feel like there gona break if i hit them. those back paddle/buttons are best thing to happen to gamepads in long time, just not worth 150+ for that honor.

magnetic Hall sensor for analogs becoming standard will probably next best thing to happen to gamepads if and when it happens.

Despite how nioh and nioh 2 has that ridiculously sutters in same exact place on pc or hell any game that has target or frequently used button attach to L3/R3 button i rather play it on pc with that 8bitdo controller then on ps5 at this point simple cause of back paddle/buttons

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Battery life is significantly worse than the standard.

I cna play for 4-5 hours straight and it will hit the 0 bar status, but I have no idea what % that is as I have not played until it completely died.

Thats good enkugh for me, but yes , annoying for many and totally a deal breaker for most.

That said, it comes with quite a long usbc cable, which for me at least is useful as I'm not too far away from my OLED.

It has a locking mechanism unit too so it won't disconnect, which I thought was a nice addition.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @TaskMaster

I will buy one when i see it on sale i really want the back paddle for console controller, but i wont pay 200$ for that or much less battery life. and i have no interest in take it apart to do my self. it is nice it come with long cable which technically i already have 2 10 foot cables for dual sense to begin with. i assume the locking mechanism is to keep the cable from coming out is that part of actual controller or cable? i dont mind the cable since i already use dualsense connected to usb charge next to bed while using the controller more time then not.it just not connect to ps5 cause i dont really trust the just stand for when horizontal it too unstable for like so i don't really want give a reason. i some point i will get one 3rd party stands.

i general about 8-9feet away from consoles when i i playing soo, which i got 2 10 foot cables

18. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Il probably invest in the new VR goggles, i fancy a bit of boxing in my gaming room.
    Also GT7 would probably look pretty cool.

19. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    It has taken me 3 years to get one. One that wasn't scalper prices. Just got it 3 days ago. God of War Ragnarok bundle. Plus I needed it to play Horizon Forbidden West. When I tried to play Forbidden west on the Playstation 4, it was starting to give me cold sweats so I never played it again. It wasn't nice at all. At least it's gorgeous at 60fps on the Playstation 5.

I just need a new TV now. Since I only have OLED 1080p 60Hz.

God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West and The Last of Us 2 on this console is gorgeous.

Plus the fact I wasn't wanting to wait another year or two before God of War Ragnarok and The Last of Us 2 comes to PC.

20. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC