Forspoken

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, Mar 18, 2021.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    One of those review things ,for anyone interested

Do Not Buy Forspoken Review "Buy, Wait for Sale, Never Touch?

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Looks good

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The girl is actually half Polish, wild

BlindBison likes this.
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    IGN has a 9 minute review. 15+ hours gameplay. Bland open world, but fun mechanics and a big open world with plenty of side quests. Forgettable story. 6/10.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Things are not looking good. To think that FFXV and AC:Unity on the PS4, look better than this game in most scenes.

• loading is instantaneous, 4 seconds start a new game, .50 seconds to load saves
    • animation in gameplay is very smooth as is secondary animation
      • hair is cards controlled by curves
      • foliage bends to Frey moving through it
    • particles are gpu accelerated and sells the impact of the animation
    • volume clouds and fog is high quality
    • character models are very high quality
    • lighting is a step backward from FF15
      • uses a probe-based GI system, but this isn't the problem
      • indirect lighting is poor and glowy
      • directly lit areas are overly bloomy
      • AO is poor despite all the AMD sponsorship
        • FF15 has better AO, with its VXAO
        • AO is not baked
      • few shadow casting lights
      • areas that should be shadowed are glowing as if they're lit somehow
      • no real-time ToD, so it could be compared to Assassin's Creed Unity, which has baked lighting, but to much superior effect
    • ray traced shadows are good, but distant rasterized shadows aren't existant
      • distant objects don't exist
      • the BVH is only filled with very close objects, leading to a harsh cut-off where the inferior raster shadow map show up
    • environment dressing is poorly integrated
      • buildings don't feel like they're properly placed in the environment from a lighting standpoint
    • cutscenes can have texture issues, weird fade to blacks, and awkward second tier cutscenes
    • slow walking scenes? how about NO WALKING SCENES!?
    • dynamic res with FSR2
    • 1440p in performance mode
    • 2160p in quality and RT mode
    • internal res can be as low as 50% of the listed
    • performance mode has poor IQ (like Matrix Awakens on Series S)
    • John's preferred mode is the RT mode in 120hz mode (40fps)
      • most stable
    • performance
      • performance (60hz) can dip below 60fps to the mid 40s in some areas
      • quality mode (60hz) drops below 30fps in the same areas
      • RT mode (60hz) has less dips in this area
      • performance mode (120hz) allows for vrr to save those bad areas
      • quality (120hz) dips too low for vrr in these bad areas
    • the Project Athia reveal trailer looked better than the final game

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    BlindBison likes this.
  6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    LpQmjTM.png

Even with only selected outlets receiving the game for review, it managed to get just 68% on average.
    I wonder if when the rest of the reviewers get their hands on the game, especially with the PC version, if the score will get even lower.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    cant say i am shocked by this.SQE has been shell of them form shelves for few decades now. FF14 online is only thing keep them profitable atm Final fanstay game have not play like FF game just as long.

I might like how FF7 R might look good but it dont play anything like original which huge let down for me and most people i know. not found story changes happen either. I still think only reason FF7R sold as well as it did is cause they teased us for then 15 years with remaster "clips" then said it was come but it was remake. and that point people just want it to happen.

Naming scheme was terrible too it gona be trilogy, but they called first part "remake" 2nd and 3rd part will have diffrent names too. so most people that never hear series or game are gona think 3 separate games.

I missed the good old days of square/square enix when they made FF games that played like them. as it stands SQE has kill my favorite game series from my childhood to seem the FF of old with current gen graphics with how they use to play would be dream. i would pay 50$ for dlc addon that give that kind gameplay back to the series at this point

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    "Playable slice". Does anyone have the final version? I guess not for free. :cool:

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I liked the PS5 demo despite its lack of cutscenes and narrative which made for a very confusing and disjointed experience. However, the world exploration, speedy traversal and combat made it surprisingly enjoyable. It kind of felt like Elden Ring on steroids but with a less punishing difficulty.

I wasn't impressed by the performance or image quality though which is why I decided to go for the PC version, especially now I have a modern system capable of running it (including support for DirectStorage which I am particularly interested in testing as the PS5 version basically has sub-1 second loading times). Shame that it wasn't a bit more refined visually - Digital Foundry basically criticised it's poor AMD's third-rate ambient occlusion technology and the game's dated non-global illumination system - because it could have been a real showcase for current gen technology otherwise.

This is not a cheap game either which isn't going to help sales... £64.99 for the PC version on Steam is eye-raising but Square-Enix did this before with the Final Fantasy VII Remake so I shouldn't be too surprised. Still, I managed to get it for just under £51 on Green Man Gaming but even that is more than £10 more than what I would normally pay at most for a PC game. Sadly, I think the lukewarm reviews and that high price are going to kill any chance of this game becoming a franchise. I can guarantee that in 2 or 3 months time that Square-Enix will be claiming this game (again!) failed to meet its sales target and was a flop.

ShadowDuke likes this.

11. The 2023 didn't start well. Hopefully this will be the worst AAA release of the year.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  12. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    This game is not worth $106 CDN. I expect this to go on sale fairly quickly.

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Unlikely. Also, anyone can download the demo on the PSN store to try.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not sure how reliable this site is but a PC demo is apparently due for release later on today: https://wccftech.com/forspoken-pc-demo-coming-later-today-on-all-stores/

If true then that has to be a good thing as we get so few demos on PC these days, at least for major releases. This will allow people to at least try the game and see how it runs on their systems before deciding whether to buy it or not.

15. Short and boring game with dated visuals and extreme hardware requirements. The only AAA thing about this game is its price.

PinguX and SameOldx2 like this.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I hope we get one. At first I wanted to try the PS5 demo but people said it's not great at all (the final result is better).

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    £65/$70 for a game is getting a bit crazy either way.

PinguX likes this.
  18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Not a word was spoken about the PC port, i think it might make the 4090 looks like a golden GT710.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Probably higher 4K textures as the recommend spec for RAM is 24GB.

20. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    lol already dead and failing. ok next in line to the failing pit... Stalker 2