NVIDIA GeForce 528.02 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    First impressions are great definitely. I'm not going to complain as it cost me the same as my RTX 2070 cost me when the pandemic hit and my GTX 1070 decided to die at the worst possible time in the tech world.

Currently addicted to Fifa 23 after leaving it for four or five years. And god damn is that game demanding (more unoptimized than anything really).

But so far I have tested RDR2, Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, alongside Fifa 23.

I still haven't played God of War, as I was waiting for an upgrade, so thank you for reminding me of that. I want to also play Dying Light 2 at some point, as I enjoyed the first one.

And it definitely looks like I'll be replaying RDR2 and Cyberpunk by the time Witcher 3 next-gen version issues are ironed out.

Well whenever I have free time. So not sure when I'll get to play all these, it's a long testing period over the whole year probably lol

Yeah those results were in a dead silent old case that's from 2015 I think (Corsair Carbide Clear 600C Inverse), but I've upgraded it with all Noctua fans, and all toned down as well so that the system is basically inaudible at arms length.

Current tweaks are custom fan curve on the GPU making it silent too even under load.
    +35Mhz Core
    +250Mhz Memory

And now instead of a slightly above average score for my hardware, I have an "excellent" score for my hardware:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI) (3dmark.com)

Pretty sure I can push a lot harder too on the overclocks, but I prefer the silence and not hearing my system when I'm working/gaming.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC

Nice! Congrats on the score! :) RDR2, Forza 4 and 5 played extremely well on the 3090. The Noctua fans are golden! I installed them in my previous system and the results are outstanding. The fans reduced the noise levels tremendously. They also helped with the temperatures due to better airflow.

It is said that 2023 is going to be a big year for gaming. I'm in the process of testing a few titles as I type this. I truly understand what you mean about free time. My company is terminating positions and staff. The workload will increase for those of us that are still employed. Even under the circumstances It's a blessing to have a job.

I'm going to do another benchmark run with the older drivers and see what I achieve. Right now I don't have any gaming or display woes to report.

Blackfyre likes this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Update Your profile with 3090 :p

Blackfyre likes this.
  4. John Eisberg

John Eisberg Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 4090 OC
    No new videodriver for new coming games, such as Forspoken, Dead Space ?

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Theres a new dll.

TheDigitalJedi and XantaX like this.
  6. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    what new dll ? , where can i get it.....? :)

7. clockcycle

clockcycle Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 6600 XT
    Anyone else's Edge Browser randomly crashing while watching twitch streams or youtube videos after installing this driver?

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    TheDigitalJedi and XantaX like this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Thats caused by unstable ram/uncore on Gen 12 and 13 intel.

Icanium likes this.
  10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    No crashes, but past few days Twitch has been acting up (I do have a lot of addons though, so it could be one of them), anyway a CTRL + F5 refresh usually fixes any issues if they pop up for me. Either way it's very likely a driver issue, as a lot of people on Twitch would be bringing it up if so.

Follow his advice, if you are overclocked on RAM/CPU, perhaps backup your BIOS settings/profile. Then tone down the CPU by 100Mhz and loosen your RAM timings a bit and test if that solves your issues. Only if you are manually overclocking yourself that is.

11. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  12. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    XantaX and eGGroLLiO like this.
  13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So, tomorrow Forspoken GRD ?

14. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Gurus! DLSS 2.5.1 is the TRUTH!

4k with DLSS now looks like 4K Native in the games I've tested. This version of DLSS is approx 25mb. Nvidia went to work and delivered great results.

OnnA and XantaX like this.
  15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone knows how to pus dlss 2.5.1 in red dead redemption 2? Because the launcher deletes it after each launch.

16. The1

The1 Member Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080
    From Techpowerup info:
    "However, there are exceptions: games with Easy Anti-Cheat protection, Battlefield 2042 for example, are not allowed to change game files, therefore you can't manually update the DLSS version in these games; the Rockstar Games Launcher version of Red Dead Redemption 2 is also not allowed to change game files due to a verification process before launching the game, but the Steam version of the game does not have this issue."

Might point to the issue you are having.
    Good

XantaX likes this.
  17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    There is a mod for RDR2 on nexus that allows the changing of the dlss dll by changing it automatically as soon as the verification passes on each game start

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  18. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Nothing but issues with this driver on Modern Warfare 2, artifacts, crashes, issues that occur only in modern warfare 2

19. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    MW 2 is a Dragon of a game, a few days after purchasing this game I uninstalled it, nothing but trouble doesn't matter which driver installed.
    You're not the only one, unfortunately, It is not a driver issue.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    The Steam version of the game has this issue?