Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 11, 2018.

1. I don't know what I expected, but wtf this entire page is nothing but doom; do ya'll actually play the game?

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I used to, as a Halo fan it's horrible.

You can thank Microsoft for everything, we will probably never get another good Halo game.

3. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    I liked the single player campaign, it was pretty much old school halo but set in an open world. I was waiting for the campaign co-op and campaign dlc but I guess that will never happen...

Karambir likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
    Horus-Anhur likes this.

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

If 343 manage to make a good Halo game.... just once.. I will then believe them.

7. Halo will need a complete overhaul to survive anyway. Both game design and engine are extremely dated. I think this is the ideal time to start making some major changes.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I don't think i completed the latest Halo, it was fun enough, played a couple hours.

9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Personally, I do really do like Halo Infinite. It feels like a proper Halo game to me (which some of it's more recent predecessors didn't), especially in campaign mode but multiplayer feels like good, old school fun, too. I've enjoyed playing a match or two when I found time to play a quick game since release, which is way longer than any other multiplayer shooter in the past decade or more.
    Granted, the game was a bit rough around launch time, but nowadays it's working pretty well and also has most of the features people have been missing.

That said, I don't care about this levelling and cosmetic item stuff at all and just play it like I would a shooter that didn't have that crap.

Campaign co-op is already available at least.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Already finished this one and it's fine - 8/10 :p
    If You like to explore & find things + some fights & cinematic exp. then it will deliver.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Karambir, TheDigitalJedi and XenthorX like this.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The campaign is good, not God of War quality though(As it should have been). The MP is trash. Unfortunately, 343 isn't Bungie..

KissSh0t likes this.
  12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, 343 have made a great Halo game.
    Halo 4

I love H4. Easily one of my favorites in the series.
    And, despite the "popular" opinion... and I always upset die hard Halo fans... I think 1 and 2 are the weakest entries.

Now, I only play campaigns. I don't care about the MP at all.
    But, Bungie's Halo games didn't start getting good until 3, for me. With Reach being their best.

As for 343, again, I love 4.
    I've never played 5... since it's not on PC (which, annoys me to no end... have an entire series on PC except one title).
    But, I did enjoy Infinite... despite it's flaws. The combat was really fun.

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I wasn’t a fan of the campaign in Halo Infinite or the open world, not having well made semi-open levels with their own distinct design really hurt it.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I liked infinite up to a point where I find it too repetitive, but it had its moments.
    Must have played half the campaign.

15. COD4000

COD4000 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I thought I was the only person that actually really like Halo 4, campaign anyway. Everyone always trashes it.

Halo 5 is a mess, just when the campaign finally starts getting interesting... it just ends.
    Infinite's campaign is alright, but i hated the open world mechanics they made for the game. Halo should be a semi-linear experience. The story parts in infinite feel like they were limited by their world building toolkit.

16. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    I play Halo Infinite regularly, nearly 500 hours now.

Game runs just fine on my system (3080Ti), HD texture pack installed, most things set to ultra (reflections & shadows on medium tho), 2160p, resolution scaling set to 75%, I'm getting 116fps (locked in-game) all the time, zero hitches, runs perfectly smooth. That is with the 3080Ti on standard core clocks, undervolted, memory slightly overclocked.

The singleplayer is OK, nothing special but it does the job. Open world is a bit of a waste, it's not fun to explore (like e.g. subnautica or RDR2), it's all the same, no variety of biomes.

Multiplayer is lacking a few things that were already perfected in previous games, and it's a bit boring if you're alone (i.e. not in a team). But if you're in a decent team it's an absolute blast. Having 12 people in a discord voice chat all (ok mostly) coordinating to win a BTB game, it's fantastic. Come to the official Halo discord, and just join in, I've been having some epic sessions with some of the people I've got to know on there. Busiest when the US west coast is in their evening so if you don't live there you need to be flexible to accommodate for timezone differences, but there are usually a few people on at most times of day. My name on there is the same as on here so drop by and say hello!

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

I know a lot of people who like and even love Halo 4.
    I know people that have worked on the Halo series, and have a lot of respect for 4.

But, as it usually is... those with something negative to say, will say it louder and much more often then those with something positive to say.

As for 5, I know there's a lot of "opinions" around it.
    But, I would rather play it for myself and make up my own mind. I so often disagree with the popular opinion, and specially since I don't play MP... I'm only in for the single player...
    I often come away for things with a different view.
    Maybe I would hate Halo 5. But, I won't know unless I play it. BUT... for that to happen... I have to hope one day MS will bring it to PC.

As I absolutely hate having "most" of a franchise available. Makes zero sense to have 1 through 4... then 6.

18. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    first game was amazing.
    never tried the rest of the series.

19. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The story and voice acting of Halo 2 was amazing in 2004. Great game.

Dudes......I liked Halo Infinite. It was fun, ran flawlessly on my previous PC along with a cool story. The multiplayer was cool too in my opinion.

XenthorX and Cave Waverider like this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB