NVIDIA GeForce 528.02 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    oh, i wonder if the av1 windows store package corrupted somehow.

Cave Waverider and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  2. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Thanks. I know about sharpening being applied even at zero percent, was just mostly wondering if using an old scaler (GR535=0) with Reshade CAS would be better compared to NIS and its own sharpening.
    Performance wise old scaler + CAS is definitely better (on Pascal) but I don't have the means to compare upscaled images side-by-side (I think a capture card is necessary for that?), thought maybe someone did something like that but couldn't google anything about it.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Could have.

Whenever I tried to record AV1 OBS would spit out an error message. If I was playing a game whilst trying to record AV1 the same message would occur and the game would crash saying that it lost the device.

It's as if it was ejecting my GPU in the software. Now it seems totally fine.

Very strange. I still think it was probably something stupid I did ages ago and just forgot I did it.

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    There's pros and cons. NIS has the type of look to it that I don't like very much. Kind of like an upscaled movie, but not as severe (upscaled movies are usually upscaled from 480p to 1080p, or from 1080p to 4K, which is an extreme pixel count difference.) I find a somewhat "artificial" look is still there though with NIS. But it does a good job with the UI in games compared to bilinear + sharpen. Text and lines are faded out with bilinear, and sharpening will not fully restore them back to their original bright color. NIS does restore them.

Personally, I prefer the old upscaler with the old NVCP sharpening slider. I use NIS for games where that doesn't work (right now, the only game I have where it doesn't work is GRID 2019.) Even though the UI of games looks worse, the game graphics themselves look better to me.

I suppose NIS has a different goal compared to the old upscaler. It tries to make games look closer to native. If you run 1080p on a 1440p display, NIS will try to make the game look closer to what it would look like if it was running at 1440p. With the old upscaler + sharpen, the goal is to make the game look like it's running on a 1080p display instead by only getting rid of the blur. This is what I prefer.

I have a 27" 1440p display, but also a 27" 1080p display lying around that I don't use anymore. I brought it out to compare the native image of the 1080p monitor to the upscaled 1440p image on the 1440p monitor. Old upscaler + 36% nvcp sharpen looks close to what the 1080p monitor shows. Except for the UI elements. NIS on the other hand looks like there's some weird filter being applied when comparing it to native 1080p.

However, I assume NIS is much better when upscaling to 4K from something like 1800p. But I don't have a 4K monitor. All I can say is that 1080p to 1440p NIS is not that great.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
    windrunnerxj likes this.

5. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Conversation by 2 noobs

evgenim likes this.
  6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Purchased a Gigabyte RTX 3090 VISION OC 24G that was used 9 months for mining and still has warranty until March 2024 for a crazy discount.

Arrives in a few days. And I was checking Resizable Bar support BIOS in case it comes with an older BIOS. Not sure if mining folk would update their BIOS for better performance? That's all I wanted to ask, would mining rig graphic cards usually have their BIOS updated? If they do, then it was very likely updated.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Nobody can answer with certainty.
    Check when you get it, no need to sweat.

Blackfyre likes this.
  8. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    If he wanted maximum performance for mining then yes, it will probably have mining bios. I had once RX580 with 8GB mining bios flashed on 4GB card (luckily dual bios so only silent was broken). Reflashed and it's still working.
    You can simply reflash it to be sure: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/231710/gigabyte-rtx3090-24576-210315-1

Blackfyre likes this.
  9. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Check the bios version, on the internet check for the stock bios careful if the bios is made for your card, happy hunting :)

[Edit] Benick 3 has answered your question, i didn't notes that, with my sleepy head LOL

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    TheDigitalJedi and Blackfyre like this.
  10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I'm buying it from an official store in Australia that takes mining GPU's, double check everything is working correctly and then sell them out to consumers with warranty. So, I would hope if it had a weird custom BIOS that was specifically installed for mining, then they would have flashed the official BIOS back on it. Which if that's the case, they'd have gone with the latest.

Thank you for the replies @XantaX @Mufflore and @Benik3 / delivery is coming earlier than expected, so I should have it by Friday too. I will check everything then.

TheDigitalJedi, XantaX and OnnA like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    do they sell FE's :cool:

Blackfyre and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  12. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Congrats @Blackfyre

The 3090 is a powerhouse and it will provide an awesome experience. If you can, hook that baby up to a 4k 120hz screen and let the goodness happen! It's great that you'll have a warranty. My 3090 still performs extremely well with most gaming applications.

Happy gaming. :)

Blackfyre, XantaX and HoWxCoRe like this.
  13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Haven't seen any lol but I assume if a mining centre decides to throw them all away at them, then they'd sell them at a discount too.

Thank you, I've got a 4K 43" 60Hz TV as my 'main' monitor, so I think I'll continue using that until I see a heavy discount of a 4K 42" LG OLED (but I am terrified of burn-in lol).

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  14. lawood

lawood Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I no longer have vram temperature reported on hwinfo after updating to this driver.

Now it only reports hot spot temperature and gpu thermal limit (thats new).

3070 ti.

Attached Files:

15. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    There are more Vendors than LG with Oled these days, a bit more expensive but... , i learned in the forum here, that LG has a build in tool that can clear the burn in effect as good as it is.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You need to reload hwinfo after updating the driver.

lawood likes this.
  17. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    3090 Arrived
    Clean Format W11 (didn't want to stay on Insider while testing the system stock).
    Windows Update all done
    Chipset Driver installed
    nVidia Drivers updated to these latest ones
    Steam installed → 3DMark

Timespy: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/87570644

Firestrike: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/87570436

3D Mark does say both results are higher than average for those with my system (5800X & 3800Mhz OC 4 dimms 32gb).

Now time to install some games. Then after the initial excitement dies down, start tinkering with MSI Afterburner :p

EDIT:

It doesn't look like ReBar is enabled, even though I have it on from the BIOS,

Assuming vBIOS is out of date:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Only thing that's stressed on a mining gpu is the vram, even then they may not have oc the hell outta it, doing so doesn't make that much difference.
    My point is the chip will be pretty much like new, it's just been idling at low clocks all it's life.
    Mining gpus are downclocked to the utter max.

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I was surprised how clean it was, with no dust, nor oxidation or rust, or any visible indicators that it's not new basically (could be cleaned by shop, but still impressive). And LOL at the receipt that came with it for warranty, they paid 4 x the amount I paid for it basically. Which means they sold it to that store for even less.

Does Gigabyte have an APP that checks and updates its BIOS? I would like to keep everything done on this card official way so that in case I do need to send it to warranty, they don't say oh you're using a wrong BIOS or some BS.

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I think they do, however i wouldn't touch it, just enjoy card for now and let it be.:)
    I love the 3090, i'd pay top dollar for one esp. with a little warranty.