NVIDIA GeForce 528.02 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    I don't say that Witcher 3 is good game in terms of optimization. Still it doesn't change that it run worse now with this drivers.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes it is very distracting, can happen on certain smoke /fog effects as well..

Just saw it on Europa yesterday by strikes playlist.. bungie is taking it's sweet time it seems, I just hope they won't wait until LightFall Dlc.

XantaX likes this.
  3. FTLN

FTLN Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 480 1563MB
    Hi ALL,

Just received my 4090 today, used DDU to remove old 7900 XTX AMD drivers in safe mode, installed the 4090 FE and installed 528.02 clean drivers.

One thing I notice straight away is a bit of a judder on the desktop when I move a window, there is a few milliseconds when you first grab the windows to move it, then the movement seems to smooth out, but desktop definitely feels a bit more stuttery than the 7900 XTX.

Monitor is 32" 4k 125% scaling and 144hz 10bit.
    Windows 10 22H2 latest update.

Gonna do a fresh install of windows 11 and see if this gets any better.

Anybody seen this issue on the 4090 cards?

Full specs are 7950x, 2x16 DDR5 6000mhz, RTX 4090 FE

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Witcher 3 NG sky is flicking sometimes, happened with previous drivers too. Dunno if it's the game or the drivers, it happens after a cut-scene or loading screen sometimes and the fix is to change the resolution back and forth(3840 * 2160 -> 2560 * 1440 -> 3840 * 2160).

All settings maxed out + RT.

5. FTLN

FTLN Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 480 1563MB
    So infact, I must have knocked one of the internal usb headers when installing the card.
    Reseating the USB headers have fixed the jerkiness.
    Stupid me :)

Blackfyre likes this.
  6. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Not a question particular to this driver release but is there any noticeable difference between the plain GPU scaler (Pascal) and NIS without sharpening?
    I've tried looking it up online but all the comparisons are just vs FSR or DLSS.
    Or majority of the NIS "magic" is the sharpening part?

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Before Turing (RTX 20xx), the scaler on the video card is a simple bilinear filter. NIS is more similar to Lanczos, which is naturally sharper than bilinear even without any sharpening applied. Sharpening is still applied though, even when setting the sharpening slider to 0. You can see that when enabling NIS but use native resolution. The image is still being altered. Can be tested in DX12 games (or DX11 with Fullscreen Optimizations enabled) by bringing up the Windows audio volume bar, which temporarily disables NIS and thus allows you to switch between NIS ON/OFF while the game is running. At least that's how it behaves on my card (980 Ti.)

I don't know what the difference between NIS and the upscaler on the video card is in RTX 20xx cards and newer. Perhaps none and the NIS setting in the NVCP simply configures the integrated upscaler, not sure.

windrunnerxj likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    unfortunately, this is a result of nvidia's low VRAM clock when at the pure 2D profile, on high resolution displays.

beezee and Blackfyre like this.
  9. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It also happens on 1080p 60Hz. Its severeness is determined by how often VRAM clocks change/fall back down to lowest state. Which is triggered more often the higher the GPU load/refresh rate is. It's pretty terrible with 1440p 165Hz on the 3060, which the main reason why I stick to 144Hz.
    It's weird that Nvidia hasn't managed to improve this since Kepler, but on the other hand AMD is plagued with high VRAM clocks or flicker instead (not with all configurations, but many).

10. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Fired up The Witcher 3 Complete with these drivers, experiencing the same as the others, super jerky even with RTX off, wasn't happening on the previous 527.56 driver.
    Rolled back, way smoother.

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    That explains why Windows 11 animation is not smooth, and then if i open youtube or force the GPU clocks up, it's smooth.

Wonder if they'll be a fix for it, probably never.

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Interesting, on my RTX 2070 Super I have core and mem locked to high values always, P2 State disabled with nVidia Inspector.

Core undervolted and locked to 1635Mhz, and mem locked at 7390Mhz with MSI Afterburner. Desktop still doesn't feel smooth sometimes (when refreshing or when initially dragging windows, etc). I don't recall this being an issue in earlier iterations of Windows 11 at all though, I've been on insider since its early days. Not sure when this issue started. My desktop is cluttered though these days and lots of stuff on it.

4K Display for reference.

Also, holy sh*& this new Guru3D Theme is awesome! Loving the new LOOK!

13. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    yes it is a game issue, here it's not better or or worse wit this driver compared with other drivers, i hope for a game update which make it a better game :)

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Never had any issues with desktop animation in 4K/144 on either 3080 or 4090 (which idles at lower clocks).

beezee likes this.
  15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    What?Where?

16. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    its due to windows timer resolution being too high. to test, open ea origin or any other app that sets timer to 1ms and start menu animation for example will be smoother.

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It can't be "due to windows timer resolution being too high" when issue is not there with Radeon or forced high (VRAM) clocks.

18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    guys there is a bug with windows 11 preview , this latest build and the build before it.

all windows animations are not fluid anymore there like running @30fps or something.... and also windows apps from netflix to disney+ are not working correctly there freezing up when opening or closing or even trying to run........
    same with browers there locking up when bringing windows into focus or minimizing or having windows open over the top of windows....

hopefully this will be fixed ASAP as its a critical priority issue thats affecting the last 2 builds that where released..... hopefully this reported issues below will be the same issue im facing with this latest build and previous one......

-------

in the latest insider build :

ISSUES:
    • [NEW] We’re investigating reports that some Insiders are experiencing freezes when using the browser and certain other apps after the previous Dev Channel flight.
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25276

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have noticed a few display loss of signal with these drivers.

It is as if certain windows open that use some sort of hooking the GPU thinks its a fullscreen app and the monitor goes black randomly and comes back on straight away.

Happens a lot with launchers for games, and also when using "open with" on context menu and selecting an app to use.

Did not happen with previous drivers at all, my DP cables are both high end 8K60.

Reverting back to previous drivers.

20. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super