Spike price increase

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by IchimA, Jan 7, 2023.

1. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Guess we all will upgrade when the prices go down ( IF they do ) ... .times here really are like crap ... I try not to think about the price when I go shopping in Hypermarket , but the cashier always surprises me when she tells me the grand total ... :(

Deleted member 164252 likes this.
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I can't even get into Waffle House.... I like to hit Waffle House for lunch since it's right across the street from work, but they stay packed. Their prices here have only gone up a dollar or 2, which isn't too bad compared to other places where prices have gone up $5-10.... Might explain the lunch time crowd...

Airbud likes this.
  3. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Hmm. That reminds me I need to install Google earth after moving to W11.
    Georgia? I thought that was a European country!
    Still learning with the help of google earth.:)

Airbud likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just checking, out of curiosity...

5800X3D prices in Austria / on geizhals.at
    upload_2023-1-9_15-22-40.png

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's why the elite openly call us cattle. We are treated as such. Always have been. We are "eaters". Since they have money they consider themselves more important and above us. Which I always found odd. Most rich people I've known are pretty lazy, disgusting and just inherited the money or owned a shady business and used every shortcut to gain everything. When I say disgusting I mean they eat with their mouths open, lack good hygiene, have no social skills....it's nothing like the way they're portrayed on tv. I hope Hilbert at least washes his ass and chews with his mouth closed.

Food is pretty pricy here these days. Supermarkets shopping is rough. Our gas bill at home for heat is up about double from last years. Electric is about the same.

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Intel just raised prices on their cpu's. So I think AMD is just following.

7. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    They probably want to cash in from AM4 users who are looking to upgrade their CPU on existing platform

The 5800X3D is around £350 - £450 here (looks like Ebuyer increased their prices recently)

8. Raserian

Raserian Master Guru

GPU:
    My experience with rich was quite the opposite, very neat, clean, good looking, polite behavior. Most of them VERY hard working. You've probably met someone who got rich by inheritance or won a lottery or something like that. Those who worked for their wealth are mostly ok in my experience.

Serotonin likes this.
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Doctors, big pharma top execs and really high priced attorneys. Beautiful homes. Terrible etiquette. Nice to know there's decent ones out there at least.

10. Raserian

Raserian Master Guru

GPU:
    Lawyers can be dicks that's true. Doctors, depends, some good some bad.

11. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    As of today all the major etailers in RO increased the price on 5800x and 5800x3D to almost 500eu .... fkedup .... that's what it is ! ...

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Weird... the cheapest 5800X3D of yesterday, in Austrian etailers, does list it not for 390€, but now for 530.... and the second cheapest did lower his price so it's cheaper than yesterday.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Do you think Hilbert would have hula girls or just a few models sitting on his lap and next to him? We need answers @Hilbert Hagedoorn do you wash your ass, do you chew open or closed mouthed and do you fly to private islands with hula girls or models? Throw us cattle a bone here and let us vicariously live your lifestyle for a moment.

(This is just good natured ribbing of course, no offense meant, don't want anyone to think we are being serious)

14. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Again and again .... this hole price increase makes me puke ... .more then 140 - 150 euro increase this week ... ALL sites in RO have the 5800 X3D at around 480 - 500 euro. this is just not normal ...

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Same thing here, the 5800X3D cost about 400€ during Christmas and now it's almost 500€. The shop where I bought mine (I paid 424€ for it) blamed the release of the 7000X3D series which makes no sense as one would lower prices of old hardware and not increase it.

16. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    They increased it as most of Us will get the 5800x3d over a new platform and the 5800x3d right now smokes the 7000 series ( not the X variant )

But in 2 - 3 months I hope the price to return to normal .

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    update, a little bit cheaper again

upload_2023-1-12_12-3-39.png