RTX 4070 Ti from Nvidia is available in Serbia at the price of 1460 euros

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 27, 2022.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    well, we'd need actual numbers to verify that.
    transistor density 3x up per mm2, can't expect same pricing from tsmc and nvidia.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its an x70 card, it has an x70 configuration.

only the ignorant are hung up on the vram interface being 192bit.

it still carries more bandwidth than the 3070 and the extra 150GB/s on the 3070ti never gave a framebuffer related improvement over the 3070, it was always vram capacity limited.

nvidia may also choose to use 1219Mhz (24Gb/s) GDDR6x to give the 4070ti an edge over the 4070.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  3. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    3070 was g6, this is g6x. has 12g like 3080Ti and a die to at least match it (probably beat it)
    the most normal of 4070 dies in other words,priced between 80-80Ti price initially but the ridicule of name and price after the presentation worked to a degree.
    This should be a 4070 at $599.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    Horus-Anhur and Neo Cyrus like this.
  4. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    So...just saw a fella claim that the ASUS TUF 4070 Ti would be released at AUD1699 (apparently works in the industry) on an Aussie bargain hunting site; if you take off our tax and the 10-15% markup we typically get here in Australia vs US MSRP then it does seem like the card would be released at ~USD900...

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Bold claim, someone is feeling lucky. :D

Anyway, I can see that price happening but only when the card is rebadged as a 5080...

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I have a bold claim as well: 4080 will NOT go down below 1300 street price outside of the US.
    I believe I will win this easily vs. "it will be 800" claims.

AuerX likes this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Of course I could be wrong. But maybe not if this was true:
    Nvidia reportedly spent $10 billion for a chunk of TSMC's 5nm manufacturing capacity

and seeing that economy maybe slowing down and wanting to cut back orders, Nvidia is finding resistance from TSMC to scale back their orders:

NVIDIA is one of the companies that made prepayments to TSMC for their 5nm wafers. Unfortunately for NVIDIA, TSMC is not willing to make concessions. At best NVIDIA can count on wafer shipment delay for up to two quarters, but it’s NVIDIA’s problem to find customers for TSMC vacated production capacity, which may be very hard given how demand has dropped for the whole sector...

Horus-Anhur and Neo Cyrus like this.
  8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Many have and some more would decry the new pricing policy of nVidia, but sadly, the nVidia mindshare is so strong that nVidia knows fanboys and even novices building their first PC (because they'd have heard of nVidia only) would just buy regardless of the ridiculous prices.

As I'd stated before, when the 12GB RTX 4080 (Fake Edition) was 'launched' with an announced price of 899USD, nVidia would be demanding the same price even though it's now down one tier to the RTX 4070 Ti. And they know that the mindshare is so strong, peeps would be lapping it up. That's why nVidia can so blatantly do what they do with impunity.

9. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    They did not lap the 4080 ... It never went out of stock. Every other xx80 card before that sold out with in minutes! The 4080 is the only one that did not !!!

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  10. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    don't amd fanboys do the same ?
    isn't it a just a fanboy thing to do so, not nvidia specfic ?

exactly,
    but to him everyone is a stupid nvidia fanboy.
    people really dislike the 4080 globally.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I agree with your logic but the problem is that Nvidia and AMD apparently gave up on logic and decided to go their own way.

For example, in normal conditions, Nvidia and AMD would be begging us (gamers) to buy their last gen cards, offering crazy deals to entice us to do it.

But in reality, they are looking at us with disdain and comtempt, like we failed them by not buying their products at the prices they want.

I can almost hear them saying/screaming "Who wants our GPUs with price cuts? Gamers? Those idiots can f*** themselfes! Why can`t they be miners instead? I love miners, i miss them so much! Miners..."

So i`m inclined to agree with fantaskarsef about the future price of the 4080...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I wish we gamers would be as emotionally important to either company like you described... in reality, it's all just numbers and they just don't care beyond "sales numbers" and "indicator XY has dropped".

H83 likes this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    The damage that miners did to the GPU market will probably take several years to heal.
    Especially if gamers continue to buy GPUs at these prices.

chispy likes this.
  14. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they follow corporate logic, not consumer logic.

mackintosh and fantaskarsef like this.
  15. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    They aren't. Nividia's gaming revenue is way down.

16. @man_daddio

@man_daddio Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti 11Gb
    It kind of makes me chuckle when people complain about these kinds of prices. Are these prices that Nvidia recommends? Obviously these cards are being sold way over suggested retail price. If in fact they're going for 1200 euros.

This kind of media marketing just shoveling hate towards Nvidia is ridiculous.
    Yes prices are higher now but that's just the way it's going to be for now.
    We just got out of a pandemic where many countries just printed money by the trillions and we expect everything to be hunky dory?
    There are so many factors that drive up prices and the pandemic pretty much turn the dials up on most of them.
    Sensible people didn't want that but our political overlords always do what they want and don't care about us.
    People should just wait for the gpus that come out that they can afford. And just be happy.
    There is also the used market. There are ton of graphics cards on the used market. I don't personally recommend it but if you know a seller that is respectable then you probably can't go wrong there to save some money and get some good performance increase.

Why_Me likes this.
  17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Sorry but the hatred towards Nvidia due to their pricing shenanigans is well deserved.

They priced the 3080 at 699$ and two years later the 4080 starts at 1.200$!!! There`s no excuse for this increase.

And in Portugal, cards are being sold at MSRP, there`s scalping or mark ups.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Even worse is that the 4080 might actually be cheaper to produce than the 3080.

3080 die size: 628mm vs 4080 = 379mm

They have plenty room to revise pricing downwards when tons of inventory starts pouring in.

Undying and chispy like this.
  19. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Okay.. the 3080 has 28.3 billion transistors, 4080 has 45.9, the 3080 is built on 8nm, the 4080 is 4nm. Not even including the R&D funds, company offsets etc, I don't see a scenario where the 4080 would be cheaper than a 3080.
    This doesn't mean the 4080 doesn't have a crap price attached because it certainly does but lets keep expectations in check.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Sure, we know that 4nm (enhanced 5nm according to TSMC) wafers are more expensive, but did you also factor in the number of smaller dies divisible by the wafers? I dont know the overall final costs involved between the two, but that is an important factor in yields and quantity of them, which is why I said "might be" rather than definitely. ;)