mouse randomly sluggish/heavy, tried everything? help!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alexander1986, Mar 5, 2019.

1. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    so i've been struggling with this problem for a long time now and am in the process of saving up for a completely new system to hopefully get rid of it, but until then would like to see if it can be solved,

the problem is that my mouse (logitech g400s on 1000hz 800 dpi, 6/11 in mouse settings and EPP off, no driver installed, tried with driver aswell but same issue) randomly during different times of the day or during gaming sessions feels more sluggish/heavy and less responsive in general, its not a sensitivity or DPI change just it feels heavier, fps/ping/settings always are the same and all other conditions aswell, it happens both ingame and on the desktop, as in there is nothing particular it seems that triggers it :S

sometimes it helps for a random period of time if I unplug and plug the mouse back in its usb port, sometimes this doesnt help lol,

I tried pretty much everything I can imagine and kind of optimized my setup as much as I can for gaming, things ive done and tried:

clean reinstalled windows 10 and tried different builds, currently on 1803,
    disabled/enabled HPET in bios (feels better with it off at all times so its off now)
    disabled all power saving settings like EPU and C states in bios and speedstep (off now aswell, no overclocks except turbo mode enabled, same issue with it disabled)
    tried different nvidia drivers (right now using the latest one)
    disabled spectre/meltdown protection and disabled dynamictick in win10
    enabled/disabled turbo mode for my cpu in bios (its on now)
    disabled onboard audio (using soundblaster pci card anyway, tried different soundblaster drivers aswell)
    put emptystandbylist app on a 5 min task scheduler loop to clear cached ram (same issue with it off/on)

tried different usb ports, different game resolutions and hz (right now 1080p 120 hz on lightboosted vg248qe monitor)
    disabled all unnecessary win10 services I could find
    tried without lightboost/144 hz instead of 120/unlimited fps instead of 120 cap ingame
    disabled all nvidia high definition audio and things that arent needed (just the driver and physx, also tried without physx)
    tried forcing different windows timer to 1/0.5 ms instead of the default 15.xx ms, but games still force their own timer and that is 1 ms so far from what ive seen
    disabled everything not needed in device manager
    set audio to 44 khz / 16bit in sound control panel

made sure cpu/gpu is not too hot or throttling ingame, all fine in that situation, both never loaded more than 70-80% unless I put unlimited fps but this only hurts input consistency and performance, very stuttery and jerky then, and again when it feels good at 120 fps cap it feels really good,

tried windows 10 game mode on/off, disable fullscreen optimizations ticked/unticked and all kinds of combinations of this and max prerendered frames 1 or let 3dapp decide, vsync off always,feels like ive tried almost everything I can :S

when it feels good it feels really good and if I could always have that mouse input it would be awesome, its so weird! it happens as said randomly, day/night time on the desktop and ingame, I mostly play fortnite at the moment and I can instantly tell even in the menus when it happens, I unplug and replug the mouse and sometimes it helps more or less, sometimes not, then I continue to play until it randomly feels better or the same until later in the day / next day, reboots sometimes helps a bit sometimes not, lol.. ugh! anyone experienced similar or have any clue as to what I can try next?

specs:

evga gtx 1060 6gb
    cpu i5-3470 @ 3.4 ghz
    8gb ddr3 ram
    500gb ssd
    win 10
    asus vg248qe monitor @120 hz lightboost

appreciate any help anyway, but not expecting anything at this point lol, cheers anyway !

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    You can try to enable LatencyMon and when these slowdowns occur, check if there is a possible culprit

alexander1986 likes this.
  3. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    good idea, should have thought of that myself! my latencymon by the way is quite low at like 10 us when idle and nothing is in background,

anyway after some experimenting today I *maybe* have found a solution to my problem, not sure why or how this made a difference but I played for several hours today with great consistent mouse feeling from start to finish, what I did was try a thing a friend told me, I created custom resolution in nvidia and put 119 hz instead of 120 (lightboost enabled) then I put 119 fps cap in rivatuner and unlimited in the game, also had a single chrometab open in the background with a youtube video paused, that last part was weird but something to do with the windows timer, anyway after doing this it actually felt better than it ever has and it stayed feeling that way from start to finish... its so weird and I expect the bad feeling to come back as im pessimistic but if not then great success xD

it would just be interesting to know why on earth this made it feel so much better and if there is further improvements I can make like 118 hz/118 fps or now try and mess around with game mode off (now is on) or disable fullscreen optimizations ticked in game .exe (now is not ticked) for example, but dont want to ruin it now lol, anyway thanks for the tip and just wanted to give this feedback for anyone that might read and be in similar situation, worth a try atleast !

4. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i recommend a priest and stock up on some holy water ... maybe the mouse is possesed :p
    Just joking my friend hope you fix your problem

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    You can try this or go to ...Control panel/Mouse/Pointer options and disable Enhance pointer precision.

The MarkC Windows 10 + 8.1 + 8 + 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix
    http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Go into bios and disable echi hand-off and xchi hand-off (if exist) in bios.

7. Giorgi salukvadze

Giorgi salukvadze Guest

GPU:
    Dfg
    There is no way that i found person experiencing exact same problem as me and in fortnite too bro pleaze can u help me if you fixed that problem im struggling i tried everything

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Fill some balloons with helium and attach where the cord enters the mouse.
    Voila!

9. hurakura

hurakura Guest

GPU:
    Silicon Graphics
    from device manager, under usb root hub disable "allow the computer to turn off this device..."
    install intel usb drivers. You can find modded install that works for windows 10 over at win-raid forums

10. Freeman

Freeman Master Guru

GPU:
    4060 ti 8gb
    see if some piece of cloth is sticking on sensor

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Or other sticky stuff.

12. Freeman

Freeman Master Guru

GPU:
    4060 ti 8gb
    dont go into details.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Well, I found this article labelled 1930s stereogram which said they converted it to VR and its mindblowing how much hair they have in the recesses!
    I wont go further as requested.

Freeman likes this.
  14. Giorgi salukvadze

Giorgi salukvadze Guest

GPU:
    Dfg
    I downloaded intel usb 3.0 but it says this operating system is not supported

15. Giorgi salukvadze

Giorgi salukvadze Guest

GPU:
    Dfg
    If you found a solution after year plz dm me it means a lot for me

16. hurakura

hurakura Guest

GPU:
    Silicon Graphics
    you have to download from - Latest modded Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers
    https://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html
    it's original win7 drivers with modified installer, made to work on win10.
    The intel usb drivers work lot better that the microsoft ones. Who knows why there aren't official win10 drivers by Intel.

17. Giorgi salukvadze

Giorgi salukvadze Guest

GPU:
    Dfg
    its made for win 7 so installation wont cause any problems right?

edit : it says - wizard was unable to find any drivers designed to your machine
    i have intel chipset 6 series/c200 series

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    This might be the last post I'll do here, flame as much as you want but I figured it up. numbers don't count and it is very specific per power slot, like some people said using devices on the power socket reduces the input lag and everything else.

You need to buy something, so some of you won't and some of you won't believe it, but I can post whatever you want as proof because I can now use a good 4K120Hz phone to capture a video.

[​IMG]
    STETZERiZER® Filter (Stetzerizer Filter + Messgerät)
    STETZERiZER® filters serve to reduce unwanted harmonics (so-called dirty electricity) that occur in the power grid of the house.
    [​IMG] www.hifi-zubehoer.shop

Now to understand how big this issue is, you need to know this. I have 12 of them, connecting them while using the EMI meter doesn't actually tell you what is wrong, it shows you high EMI but it doesn't actually tell where the issue is. I'll explain.

Some points to understand how it works in RealTime

Doing the test on my LAPTOP only at the time actually fixed both issues on a LAPTOP and DESKTOP
    I did the test while just moving the mouse over and over again checking for weird mouse movements like random floaty/slow/fast/acceleration/deacceleration/lagging/mouse not stopping after physical stop/500ms mouse movement feeling/image quality reduction. Usually, it happened randomly on intervals of 1min working fine and then worse and worse and sometimes it worked straight out weird and laggy, so it was very easy to repeat the tests and see improvement until it disappeared totally.

Now I noticed something else with SOUND, I did notice the COAXIAL cable affecting the sound, making it unbearably worse, and changing the actual HZ of the sound, hearing a higher wall of dB that shouldn't be heard. I can't explain the science of it, but it made music sound lifeless, even with SXFI AMP sound card and Sennheiser HD800s headphones which I like a lot. Just moving the cable from where it's connected made a big difference, I'm still investigating it but it's very scary to touch the cable because the great sound I love would die for me until I find the correct way the cable needs to be, I am hoping to finish with DOCSIS and move to Fiber in the next months, waiting for the finish up of the infrastructure. Sometimes I hear sounds that I never heard from the same song I heard more than 500 times, so it's freaking scary how much "feeling" from the sound we lose from this kind of issue. it is very sad because I want to have the best experience and I am getting worsen with high-end gear, as we know sound/music can make you feel happy or sad.

If you put 1 on the power socket and see it reduces the EMI numbers, it doesn't necessarily fix our issue.
    if you put 1 in another place it could make things worse even if it reduces the EMI numbers.
    If you put 2 on 1 power strip, the one that split power connectors from 1 power socket, then it could make things better or worse.
    If you actually put the correct number of filters on the correct power socket and then you put another one on the "wrong" socket you could make things worse.

That's what I learned. so our issue is something between EMI and something that the power socket pulsing because the EMI numbers don't actually matter and the number of filters on one power socket can make things worse or better, and adding filters on a very specific power socket can make things worse or better, I think we would even need 3 on 1 power socket.

To fix this issue you'll have to buy this device sadly, tell me what proof you need me to show you, I bought a new phone One Plus 10 Pro with 4K120hz so I can capture anything on the TV with high quality and the same Hz of the TV.

Could be also when using more than 2 Filters on one socket is strengthen the EMF noise of the area and actually make things worse because every filter output EMF by itself.

What we need to understand where is the dirty power comes from in the first place. there are crazy devices that reduce the EMI to 0 from whichever number they could be even 1000 and extremely high numbers, but these devices are way our pay grade, but I know they didn't make them for nothing. it is supposed to fix something we all have

What I also understand is even if you use Online UPS and power of the whole house it wouldn't matter, because something still emits power and goes through the lines even without power, and using EMI filters actually make the things better, but it needs to be on very very SPECIFIC way, else we could make more noise or just not have the filters work they suppose to.

I believe if just 1 person will follow and be able to test this as I did, we will be able to manage to have the right fix for it, no magic solution will ever work here, I understood it now, but if anyone would've told me that how the issue would be, they wouldn't believe themself and nor did I

19. kattyparry

kattyparry Guest

GPU:
    2048 MB
    Everyone who has used a gaming mouse before knows that they tend to be bulky and heavy. While some people prefer this, many don’t, finding it more comfortable to use lighter mice. This article will talk about the seven Lightest Gaming Mouse in 2023. So, if you’re in the market for one, you’ll know where to look. This list will include world’s lightest mouse both wired and wireless mice and different prices so that you can find the perfect fit.

20. Freeman

Freeman Master Guru

GPU:
    4060 ti 8gb