The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I'll give Dx11 a try for the fps boost. Btw your debug console extension mod still works after all these years. Installed it after activating the debug console by editing the general.ini in a subdirectory of bin.

2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    To add to the long list of bugs to this game : can't get sharpening disabled... and i really dislike sharpening...

3. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    As i was attempting to replay first section of the game, i'm amused to see that the "abandoned place" shrine in white orchard still has this bug where you need to wait or save/reload near the shrine to trigger ghouls to spawn one by one.

4. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Now there's an update to DLSS to version 2.5 in a new mod on Nexus. To increase performance and even IQ. What'll they come up with next. Not knocking it, will try it later today. It already has over 4k downloads, but there's no comments section.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/7245?tab=description

Edit: Ah found out it's already been in the game for a few days.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022

5. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    Thx, but downgrading to dx11 is not the answer I'm looking for. Hopefully future patches can fix the issue. As it definitely needs some patching love.

I do not have this issue on my end- first thing I turned off, as it is way to harsh.

This person is just posting the updated dlss 2.5 that's been out since the 12th- it's just the latest dlss thats available.

6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Thanks for the correction. Well then I'll have to live with 18 fps average with RT, Dlss Quality, Ultra settings, & Dx12. Lower in a big city of course. Titan RTX, I7-7700, 32gb ram. Using the Xbox game bar in Win 10 for fps counter.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  7. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Techpowerup has all the nvngx_dlss files,same as the nexus one.If anyone has a preference
    NVIDIA DLSS DLL (2.5.0) Download | TechPowerUp

8. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I visited the site and just so I'm clear on it per syklonis' post the 2.5 is already in the game I assume.

9. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    He posted while I was posting otherwise I would not have posted it,then again not everyone knows techpowerup has been posting the dll's for awhile now.More information never hurts.

10. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    Witcher 3 newest patch 4 is using dlss 2.4.something which wasn't the latest. For future reference on what dlss version is being used in a game, just right click the dll and go to /properties/details. As bobnewels mentioned, techpowerup always has the latest versions of dlss to try out, which is where I go :)

bobnewels likes this.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just in case: latest version of DLSS doesn`t mean the best version for specific game. It is considered (for a while) that 2.4.6 version of DLSS library gives best quality in many games.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    2.4.13 have comparable image quality to 2.4.6. Didnt test 2.5.0 yet.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    2.4.13 is way different to 2.4.6 than to 2.5.0. 2.5.0 is fine, also in Witcher.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What's with the crappy LoD in DX12 ? Anyway to fix it ?

15. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I get the feeling after posters here test Dlss 2.4 vs 2.5 both will be about the same in fps. On my Titan RTX & I7-7700, which isn't much of a testing pc for this, I get about a 11 - 25 fps range for both. Edit: Using the XBox Game Bar fps counter on Win 10 Home.

The average is tough to figure because I'm not testing extensively. Switched both Dlss versions back and forth only twice testing in just 3 or 4 places. Using RT, Dlss Quality, Dx12 and Ultra Settings. Edit: and in 4k.

If some of the thousands of people who downloaded the Dlss 2.5 version on whatever sites have a 5%+ increase in fps with it in Next Gen we would've seen an article about it by now in the Guru3d articles section.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Question of DLSS library version is not about performance, it is about the amount of artefacts.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Depends on your GPU. On my 980 Ti I have tweaked my settings so I can run with a 90FPS minimum and 120FPS average. I don't think the new DX11 version can come even close to that.

On an RTX, it should be fine. On older cards that used to play the classic version with nice, high frame rates, probably not so much.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    @Horus-Anhur, did you get your RAM yet and if so, did it make any difference?

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Likely in an attempt to lower cpu load, which is quite horrible, with only 2 cores really being used... in dx12 with rt that is

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    My ram is here, but my motherboard hates using the A slots. Anything above 3200 and it won't even boot.