First leaked 3DMark benchmarks show Radeon RX 7900 cards close to GeForce RTX 4080

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 9, 2022.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Will wait for full review before passing judgment , take all the leaks with a grain of salt , key words from Hilbert ( * Alleged * synthetic test results )

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I like the analogy but I don't totally agree. HUB does their fair share of criticizing AMD. They're just a lot more focused on what's best for the consumer rather than just simply "what's best". When you look at the products in the perspective of a consumer or a software developer with a lot of disposable income, Nvidia is very clearly the best. If you are on a budget (or at least prioritize value proposition), if you are an affiliate, or if you aren't using Windows, Nvidia suddenly isn't so appealing.

kill007, Valken, 0blivious and 2 others like this.
  3. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    WOW reading this thread you would think a 7900XTX dead in the water,even though AMD numbers put it above 50% faster than 6950XT.
    Typical noise,here one I liked 20% slower than 6900XT.

Valken likes this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I wonder if it's smart for someone to release results mere days before the NDA date. They won't be getting AMD cards in the future for reviews. However, if it's someone unknown, then these are just "trust me, bro" numbers.

Maddness and chispy like this.

5. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Chinese manufacturing staffs don't give a crap about NDA, ADA scores were leaked a month before launch and they were accurate

6. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    What exactly is anemic about the 4080?

Serotonin likes this.
  7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    What's anemic about the 4080? I find it pretty powerful. Especially when DLSS 3 is on. I'm currently playing Metro exodus maxed settings including ray tracing, at 4k with dsr set to 6K. And it's consistent 60fps with vsync. And this is without DLSS 3. I think it's a great card with a terrible price. I won't defend the price at all. But the performance is very good.

That being said I really was hoping for something great from AMD with this. The stronger the competition the better it is for consumers. If you look at how AMD got back into the cpu market as a contender, intel and AMD keep bringing performance improvements at roughly the same prices every year now. When you have control of the market you have control of the msrp.

8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Dont know but losing to the weak 4080 in rasterization would be an absolute disaster,even if it was a narrow loss

9. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    I'm surprised you're about the only one here on Guru3d none the less to take leaks of synthetic benchmarks with a grain of salt. It's like i'm reading reddit ....

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    That is true.
    But that score seems a bit too low. According to AMD, the 7900XTX should do around 50% more than the 6950X. So one would expect something closer to 32,000.
    So that 25,000 score is a bit concerning.

At this point, it's just a few days until the 13th. Will probably have all reviews by that day, and then we can true see what is going on.

11. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    4080 anemic? - no! overpriced - yes!
    For me 4080 is the real gem of this Nvidia architecture - too bad for the price...but there are more and more rumors that at the official launch of 7900 in stores Nvidia will slash prices to 4080 by a serious margin and then AMD will have a problem.

AuerX likes this.
  12. ttnuagmada

ttnuagmada Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    You will not find another xx80 variant that is as small as the 4080 when compared to the full xx102 die. That's what i mean by anemic. No xx80 card has been this gimped compared to the full die.

Valken, Solfaur and cucaulay malkin like this.
  13. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    size to performance, that is true.

14. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    upload_2022-12-9_20-23-12.png

Not fishy at all, no.

Let's be serious people, someone is trying to discredit these to give that crappy priced 4080 a few more days...

15. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    didn't you see any other ones ?

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    What seems strange is the disparity between DX11 and DX12, I found an article from the developer comparing the workload of Firestrike and TimeSpy,
    if those performance are definitive it might come down to something like tessellation not performing as well, but given tessellation is even considered deprecated in Unreal Engine I do wonder how relevant it is.

firestriketimespy.jpg

17. rv8000

rv8000 New Member

GPU:
    3080 12GB
    I’m surprised no one finds it weird that it’s barely 30% ahead of the 6950XT in synthetics, the literal best case scenario, while AMD claimed 1.5-1.7x improvements in a few titles at 4K.

Something is VERY off. No one one in their right mind should expect it to beat a 4090.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    7900xtx is 20% and even 7900xt is 5% faster than 4080 in games without rt. Rewiers will be using the opmized driver for the cards. This is another case of amd sandbagging. Cant wait for the HU review. :D

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  19. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Smells like driver optimization is badly required, difference should be much larger between xtx and xt cards. Early driver alpha/beta?

Maddness likes this.
  20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    This would be sad if true. Tho in terms of pure hardware it's like 20% in compute units bit more in rops and texture units. So if the clock is like only 2100mhz it could perform this bad.

Maddness likes this.