The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Looks meh tbh, i mean it s better but still game is old gen

Serotonin and Undying like this.
  2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree, especially in the amount of time/delays it took them to do this. Its very hard to tell the differences. If you need a side by side comparison to notice the changes, they aren't very drastic.

ramthegamer and GSDragoon like this.
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    They can be drastic only in two situations:
    - old implementation is bad (or very old tech) and new implementation is good;
    - new implementation took completely another art/style approach.

Serotonin likes this.
  4. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    The original game has serious issues with missing indirect lighting, making everything way too dark and adjusting poorly to time of day changes etc. It looked super ugly in woods and Novigrad alike.

Seems like a best-case for a remaster when no ugly new issues turn up. I'll be enjoying it a lot, perhaps even with all RT effects on the 3060 when DLSS implementation doesn't suck. Glad I didn't play it a second time after 2015.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    By all means go for it. I played it so much back in the day im gonna skip this "next gen" update and move on. :)

Angantyr and aufkrawall2 like this.
  6. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I have not done Blood and Wine yet ,still waiting on this release to finish that.

Now my problem will be to run it on AMD 7900XTX or any Nvidia card.I am leaning towards running the game on the AMD 7900XTX at 4k Max settings.

AMD 7900XTX at 4k Max settings got to be better than trying to play 4k Max settings on release with SLI GTX970 and it was a 30FPS slaughter fest.

7. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
  8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    4K native max settings isn't a guarantee, unless you have an RTX 4090 or 4080 I think, as they have DLSS 3. 4K has always been a tough nut to crack due to the sheer amount of pixels the GPU has to shade, and when you add ray tracing to the mix, it's just ridiculous with the amount of compute power required to run it at high FPS.

Case in point, look at Cyberpunk 2077. Maxing out RT in that game requires DLSS 3 to get high FPS at 4K.

9. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    If you factor in three different ways of RT as part of "max settings", then there's no way that 7900 will handle it 4k60. Probably not even with FSR2 at highest quality preset.

10. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Thanks for the replies
    Well on my RTX 4090 cards Cyberpunk could hit 44 FPS ray tracing Ultra no dlss on,There is no DLSS 3 on Cyberpunk yet but runs fine on DLSS 2 on RTX 4090

Somehow I will disagree for now the 7900XTX should hit 4K 60 with FSR,I am thinking 7900XTX will be around RTX 3080-RTX 3090 FPS Ray Tracing.Since I have owned both of those RTX cards DLSS/FSR were always needed in Ray Tracing Games,even DLSS/FSR on RTX 4090 is needed in Ray Tracing games, RTX 4090 does not provide 60FPS in some Ray Tracing game without the DLSS/FSR..
    In this game I think a 7900XTX will be 100% fine but I guess I can always fall back to Nvidia GPU.

11. Godzilla

Godzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 6600
    never finished this, got to end of base game but never started DLC. So it's time to give it another go.

12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    TW3 is not CP 2077!
    It is much less demanding by default, so it will also be less demanding with rt!
    Don't spread disinformation!

Serotonin likes this.
  13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Spreading disinformation? What are you on about? The main reason why CBP 2077 is so demanding is because of RT. Turn RT on and you can expect your framerates to at least be cut in half. And now TW3 has the same RT features as CBP.

Why do you think they are implementing DLSS 3 in the Witcher 3? If it wasn't that demanding, they wouldn't need it. I'm fully expecting not to be able to run TW3 Enhanced Edition with maxed out settings at native 4K. I'll likely have to use DLSS 2 or DLSS 3.

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Except RT reflections in CP77 are hardly more costly than SSR Ultra, at least with upsampling.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Then you have RT ambient occlusion, RT shadows, and RT global illumination. People are somehow under the impression that RT shouldn't be that expensive, but then you realize that the vast majority of the RT enabled games are actually hybrid RT and not full RT. Full RT is another beast entirely.

17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    But, TW3 has lower polycount and simpler shaders!
    If they implement/optimize rt properly, it should be less demanding than CP with rt on!

18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Well we don't know that for sure. Since they introduced ray tracing they must have at least updated the materials using PBR, I guess.
    About the polycount you might be right though.

19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    TW3 was PBR already, just not the best implementation of it.

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Oh I did not know, I think it was still old gen on this regard. :)