Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 3, 2022.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have to replace the dll file for dlss everytime i load battle.net since it doesnt allow it to stay there, so if i copy and paste 2.4.13, after i close battlenet and reopen it, it will do an update and update it back to 2.4.12 wtff

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Good idea, I'll give that a try. I didn't change the DLSS file prior to the update though and it now looked much better (than before), yet not quite as good as CAS.
    CAS is sharp and very detailled both in motion and at a distance whilst DLSS is only "very" clear without motion and at a closer range.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    That s the problem im trying to fix in warzone 2, in motion dlss is not really clear, and i don t know how to fix it other than changing everytime dlss to 2.4.13

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    You could try using DLSS and then applying a sharpen filter using GeForce experience. That sharpen filter works wonders on so many games but especially on DLSS considering the DLSS sharpening usually introduces artifacts. Just the plain sharpen filter at 60-80% works super well. It’s especially nice in cyberpunk where the DLSS sharpening is especially bad.

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

there's a possibility you could get banned for that. So I wouldn't do it tbh

ramthegamer likes this.
  6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    DLSS sharpening is included in the game, but as soon as I apply sharpen the game is over-sharpened heavily. Also, that doesn't change anything at a distance or in motion.
    I got rid of my VA display towards an OLED to gain clarity in motion, so naturally I want to preserve it :D

@ramthegamer Is .13 that much better in motion, really? I remember MW2019 used to be much better than this at least, in that regard.

I really lost a lot of performance with this latest patch, but to make matters even worse the IQ dropped quite a bit also.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yes it clearer for me

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    DLSS sharpening has been notoriously bad in just about every implementation. It causes brightening and darkening of textures and objects as you move and stop moving, also crawling and flickering. That’s why I just use the GeForce experience sharpen game filter when using DLSS.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It works differently? Oh wow. Whatever Nvidia was thinking there. The game now even has 3 Nvidia options for scaling built-in, no clue what the differences may be.
    I'm still rather upset with the performance though. I get roughly 90fps currently maxed-out with my native resolution. Or 120fps with minimum details at native resolution. Or 120fps with DLSS and maxed-out otherwise (used the integrated benchmark for these numbers).
    I wouldn't consider that high or great in any way, to be honest. And performance used to be much higher, although now I saw that at least Nvidia's driver wasn't the culprit.

10. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    It’s just a game filter that you could apply to any game that supports GFE. I find the sharpen results to be very similar to CAS.

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Oh and also, that crash fix patch sure was a lie. I just had a crash.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yep, mine was crashing so much on Thursday evening that I just threw in the towel, put the game to reinstall and went off to watch TV. Last night things were a bit more stable so I guess the reinstall helped but still crashed 2 or 3 times in the space of 5hrs. Just about to hop on now after reinstalling windows 11 ( something I've been meaning to do for a while ) so wish me luck, it'll probably be a crashfest again.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Is there any sharpening fix when moving? The sharpeningis good when u stand still, but when u move it gets blurry

14. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    What? I see the exact opposite when using DLSS sharpening. Sucks that you can’t turn that off completely in this game though.

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im gonna go back to using 100 dlss sharpening, yes it is the best option i guess right now

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Crashes suddenly getting worse again. Anyone else?

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yep, rolled back my gpu drivers yesterday to test and still crashed every round. Gonna shelf this game until this is addressed, games not worth the aggravation in its current state.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No issuey so far, apart from Steam disconnect now and then. Are you using DLSS?

19. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Never crashed for me

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Nope. Out of the 100 hours played so far I’ve crashed probably 30 times so far. Come to think of it, I’ve been using shield a lot the past couple of days. I remember someone on Reddit saying something about killcams and shields causing their crashes.