AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Indra881, Dec 1, 2022.

1. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    They already told before that they just didn't update hint for this line. DX11 affected as well.

2. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    updated to windows 11 22h2 and meh enabled MPO again oh well screw it lemme speed run blackscreens doing whatsapp videocall with my self + youtube open etc while at it lmfao

edit: lmfao took less then 2 minutes during blackscreen audio keeps playing btw pc just responds as if it did not crash

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  3. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Tbh, i tried this one once and had no issues for myself.
    Well, let's hope they will fix issues soon so we won't be bothered by them anymore.

4. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Well atleast it blackscreens under 2 minutes i rather find out now if it still has problem then couple of hours later, i just wanna confirm my PSU aint the issue now for system freezes as well, i would consider it quite likely considering how bad the drivers are right now, these should't cause issues even for the tech noob that does't known about DDU as sometimes when re running installer it checks factory reset by default which is bassicly just DDU altho probably less effective in worse case scenario.

5. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Im not with my AMD based rig at the moment and cant find it on my Intel/NV Laptop, so where would this setting be in Windows the VRR setting that is just so i cant check/

6. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    graphic setting found in display settings > graphics >default graphic settings, honestly i would just leave it off it just breaks freesync rather then making it function properly.

7. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Cheers bud, it was on, ive turned it off, il see if it makes any difference.

8. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    With MPO didsbled it is actually quite smooth experience.
    Bur as someone mentioned earlier there seems to be a problem detecting fullscreen applications when it is disabled.
    Notifications still showing even when Focus Assist is set to silence them while a full screen application is running.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats not a bug.

only turn it on for the few windows store games made wth d3d9.

10. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Getting random black screen requiring hard reset (button) in this one while watching videos, at default settings.
    Did not happen in the previous version.

(And I do not have a 240hz screen, or anything close)

Edit: Oh, looks like I'm not the only one. Clearly something is wrong with this version.
    Well, rollback.

My wild guess: They fixed it for high refresh rate displays while breaking it for not so high refresh rate (by adjusting some "slider" instead of finding the actual cause for it)

11. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Just use the registry hack - very simple and it works. Had an issue with an earlier driver, but seems pretty good with 22.11.1 - may be even better with this one(didn't test). AMD is possibly tweaking it for RDNA1 before releasing. Would be nice, since not everyone is aware of the hack/wants to remember to re-apply it with installs.

12. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Saw that also. Funny that they have not updated it after all this time... :cool:

13. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Does anyone know if this driver breaks DXVK 2.0 (normal or async)? I am playing through Deathtrap with a buddy that runs in DX9 and gets hilariously bad performance so I put in DXVK 2 async and it was running perfectly until the update to 22.11.2 and now it is back to horrendous performance. I tried switching out async for the regular and maybe it helped a tiny bit but I went from locked at 120 down to sub 60 fps gaming and it sucks so badly. Just wondering if anyone has a clue about what is going on here? I have very little experience with DXVK.

Thanks

Other than that I have zero problems (as usual) with this driver.

14. Nicholas Bond

Nicholas Bond Active Member

GPU:
    Rx6900xt
    Try a repair install over the top with factory reset first. Driver working faultless the same as 22.11.1 for me

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Verify DXVK is still applying, enable its own OSD or have AB overlay on.
    Could be it's not actually working.

I had this issue with HL2 a while back, DXVK just stopped working all of a sudden and possibly indeed related to switching drivers.

16. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    I'm not defending anybody, but I use that app for video calls at least twice a week without issues. Your comments and writing style, your conclusions were exactly the same.

I would not be surprised if this was also you.

E: This is literally a post you made here before. You even went off on the same misinformation about MPO not supporting 10bit color.

You appear to be the only person facing this very specific issue, and are suggesting that it can easily occur for everybody, though that doesn't seem to be the case.

I hope you've been running through some system integrity checks. I don't like to recommend the nuclear option but you might want to consider a reinstall of your OS if the issue persists.

17. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    You are wrong more people are facing blackscreens

And there was a time i had no blackscreens on 10 bit color depth something else must have fixed it at the time i just cant figure it out, MPO breaks for a reason, nothing crashes without reason, you can pretend that this is a hardware issue but then AMD sold faulty hardware to users and we all have same batch which is imposible at this point.

18. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    I'm not suggesting people aren't facing black screens; you're the only person having issues with the whatsapp desktop app, and I've seen you go back and forth across various forums now blaming feature X, Y and Z with (confusing) conviction each time.

We have no idea if you ever validated your system's integrity in any way so I figure you may as well start with that. If you have a spare SSD lying around, maybe try a clean install of Windows and see what happens with that + the apps that normally cause issues for you.

Agonist likes this.
  19. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    You seem to like to attack me im just gonna ignore you now
    If already said multiple times if been wrong on some stuff, your just attacking me for no reason and making stupid accusations.

20. Alexandru2001

Alexandru2001 Member

GPU:
    RX6600XT 8GB
    Hello. Do you know when Software Adrenalin 2023 Edition will come? This december maybe? I heard about an "Omega Driver" and i think it's like 2-3 years ago when the major versions of "Radeon Adrenalin "X" Edition" were released