NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you can't compress a file inside the windows folder, move it out to a folder elsewhere, not on the root of the drive.

2. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Someone said this to me:"Seems like a hardware issue toggling clocks from 2D Idle to 3D"

So its hardware issue?

3. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    Tried that. Moved it to 3 different folders. Every time it gives me a permissions error when I try to do anything with the file except move or delete it. I can't seem to take control over it, either.

At this point, I'm just going to hope that whatever the next driver is fixes my issues. Both NFS: Unbound and the Callisto Protocol are inbound, so I'm expecting a GR driver for at least one of those titles.

4. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Someone said this to me:"Seems like a hardware issue toggling clocks from 2D Idle to 3D"

So its hardware issue?

5. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Dude, The response that you got was more of a suggestion as to the cause of your issue, not a definitive answer as to the cause. The error messages that you are getting can sometimes be a little mis leading causing you to focus in the wrong area. NVLDDMKM may be throwing an error but that doesn't mean there is a problem with it. It operates on data received from elsewhere within the chain. If any of that data is erroneous, then it can cause the aforementioned module to crash. Windows reports the crash of the module as it was that that threw the error. Windows is not aware of the erroneous data received by the module so does not report on it. You will naturally concentrate on the error report findings which in reality are a complete red herring in this example.

Only detailed bug reports/dumps will reveal the true story & then, only to someone who actually knows how to read & interpret correctly what they are looking at.

There are peeps here with the ability to do such things, unfortunately, I am not one of them :(

Ultimately, what I am saying is 'Don't' allow yourself to be blinkered by suggestions that are made but not backed up by any reasoning or method of deduction. Without those things, suggestions are just 'Hot Air' & should be avoided or you'll waste many hours chasing down dead end leads.

Good luck bug hunting my friend ;)

6. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    It can crash like one of 50 tries. It can happen when i am not loading game few hours and sitting on desktop. And on first launch after few hours i launch Watch Dogs LEGION or Metro and it can crash driver, on loading

7. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    The biggest problem I see here is the sparodic nature of the issue which will make it difficult to run & capture the issue when it occurs using a trace as it's not User producible & it occurs randomly with large periods of 'Working correctly' in between.

In my personal experience, when something crashes on loading/under load it is due to bad data being passed or insufficient current to the necessary card area leading to a component crash due to the sudden load requirements of the component in play (not enough power to do the job at hand).

when loading & processing data for the first time, a module can be under terrific load, building caches & libraries alongside all the other processing requirements needed for the said program to run. Once loading/cache/library building etc is done, the load drops considerably & so does the current requirement. This 'Could' explain why this only happens during loading as at this time the load is high requiring the current to be high. Current not high enough? Crash!

Again though, just my observations from past issues. Could be something but may be nothing :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  8. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    i dont know if rma card or not

9. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Before going down that route, ensure that no other factors relating to GPU power delivery are interfering such as 'Power saving' features within windows itself. Bios settings with regard to PCIE & power limitation. Once you have elliminated those things that can limit the power that the card receives (even on specific demand) move on to software. Ensure that any software that you have installed allows the card to draw its max power as set in the VGA bios voltage tables. Once all those things are done (nothing outside of the card itself limiting current), move on to the driver itself. You need to be able to definitively say that the driver is not the cause & produce factual proof to support that before citing hardware issue. Only then consider the RMA as the OEM is not responsible for the NVidia driver or any Windows/bios power control features :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  10. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Maybe try this? Before launching game after idling i must reboot pc?

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    @jmmy23

Mate I pretty confident the issue is power related where the card wants more than current power supplies can give when it wakes up

When proper ATX 3.0 power supplies are available this will all go away

Your hardware sounds fine

12. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    My friend, if you need to do that, then something is very wrong! I know all this seems like a lot of hard work but trust me, you don't want to RMA your card for the OEM to just return it with a note saying "Not our problem mate!"...

Also, take note of what @Passus has said. He makes an extremely relevant point in his response.

Passus likes this.
  13. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    what something is very wrong? it can happen only with loading 2 games ( watch dogs L and Metro Exodus EE ). In other games loading is fine and never crash.

14. Marcorelle

Marcorelle Member

GPU:
    hi jimmy23 ,

It seems I have a similar problem with RTX 4090 suprimx , but the problem happens only few times per days : sometimes when I load 3dmark , sometimes on the descktop when I switch my Browser/desktop or viewing video in Edge , sometimes when I load Automobilista 2 , it s completely weird, no message in windows log , just black screen and I must reboot my computer.
    Absolutely no crash in game when the card is on heavy load !
    Actually the only workaround is to set maximun performance in Nvidia Drivers power management settings.
    with this settings , absolutely no more black screen during loading games or when I watch video in Edge.
    But My cards stays @2625Mhz in idle :/
    Really hope a bios update or Drivers update to solve this problem

jmmy23 likes this.
  15. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    a ok

16. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Ok i left system on desktop idling 2 days. I launched now Watch Dogs Legion few times and no crash on loading. The same with Metro no crash on loading.
    I just closed Msi Afterburner and restarted afterburner and turned on.

17. Superino

Superino Member

GPU:
    2080 ti wb
  18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  19. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti FE SLI
    Yes, confirmed that if I explicitly DISABLE MGPU/SLI in NVCP then both Spider-Man games work fine. With MGPU/SLI enabled, even though it doesn't even work in DX12 in this game, these drivers make both games unplayable - bright flashing that covers the whole screen.

@ManuelG SOS!

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    That won't be fixed now, SLI is dead and has been for years

XantaX likes this.