Sales of graphics cards hit lowest sales since a decade

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2022.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Screenshot_20221128_162858.png

[​IMG]

mohiuddin, Keitosha and Neo Cyrus like this.
  2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    This is perfect world:
    [​IMG]

mohiuddin, Keitosha, Valken and 10 others like this.
  3. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    I hate to be alone in this so...by all means:p

Now on a more "serious tone" - because it is a "rumor": Rumor has it that Nvidia plans to drop prices for 4090 and 4080 in January after CES. By how much, nobody knows but it will be a serious drop in price rumor has it....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  4. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    EVGA got out at a good time. They saw the writing on the wall, their treatment from Nvidia and likely decided it's no longer worth the hassle of serving the GPU market.

5. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I had no patience xD

6. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    EVGA ghost is still haunting this forum...let them rest and they will haunt no more...

[​IMG]

Nopa, H83, chispy and 2 others like this.
  7. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    this year, gone made since the war i UKR. prices are soo unstable atm. jumping from like 0.80 dkr pr 1/kwh an all the way to 8 dkr pr 1/kwh ( one of the problem is that power is tied up on the gas marked) ( ohter reason is some firms are getting very greddy atm)

8. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Enjoy it! - After all, excepting the price, this series from Nvidia is actually great!

AuerX and chispy like this.
  9. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    So long as I continue to have an EVGA 3080 in my hands they still live!

10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This was bound to happen and we all saw it coming. Mining on gpus is complely dead / Energy prices and cost of living overall have skyrocketed to an ultimate high not seen in many decades / Nvidia sitting on a huge pile of old rtx 3xxx gpus and not budging on the msrp price , as a matter of fact the prices on retail stores just went up for most rtx 3xxx :mad: ( i'm looking at you neweeg and Amazon ) , impossible to find an rtx 3060/3060Ti or 3070 at msrp o_O. amd 6xxx gpus are not selling very well and the prices are not low enough to be atractive for the normal Joe gamer. Until they come down of the mentality thinking they can keep up the very high prices the gpus will keep on hitting low sales in my opinion.

-Tj- likes this.

11. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm still playing HOMM III, I will survive.

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Nah, the price is simply too high for me, even with the 100€ price cut.

700€/800€ would be my max for such a card like this, but that`s a 50% price cut...

As for the rumor of price cuts for the 4090/80, i find it a little hard to believe because it`s very unusual for Nvidia to cut prices so soon after a launch but who knows...

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    800%...are you sure its 800%

AuerX likes this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Everyones situation is different... as evident from the 4090s selling out instantly in denmark. And yes, im from denmarl aswell.

pegasus1 likes this.
  15. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    wow i'm really shocked.......

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Force meets resistance. Greed meets scarcity. Overblown prices lead to poor sales.
    Those marketing department smart guys never learn.
    You can't simply milk customers until their tits turn blue and scream that there is nothing left!

chispy likes this.
  18. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix 4090
    I today stopped by at Microcenter in Tustin, CA! Absolutely no NIVIDIA 4090 GPU’s in stock and which is very unusual for Microcenter. Many deep-pocketed and dedicated enthusiasts actually drive a few hundred miles to stop by the store during the early morning hours as RTX 4090’s are usually available now for ‘in-store-pickup’ only. I talked with a roaming salesperson with a plastic nameplate Marty wearing a broad welcoming smile: “Why is Microcenter out of RTX 4090's GPU’s as apparently many consumers are waiting to buying these type of ‘Halo’ cards and especially at MSRP!” Marty's response in turn was quick and surprising: “NIVIDIA decided for the time being in keeping their GPU shipments to us on the low-side and in order to artificially maintaining the current prices and by giving our customers and or consumers the impression that the RTX’s are selling-out like hotcakes.” I appreciated Marty's honesty as it made perfect sense given our current times of financial turmoil and domestic uncertainties. I also took-away that in the first quarter of 2023 Microcenter expects to be receiving full NIVIDIA GPU shipments again. Meaning that online ordering and nationwide shipment services will be returning to Microcenter like they were a few months ago. Well…that was the news from the boots on the ground in Tustin and its now high time again to gas-up for the long way home to Mom's basement!

Microcenter Trip1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    Keitosha, Valken, Airbud and 4 others like this.
  19. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    How's MicroCenter's prices compared to buying online and in other malls like BestBuy, Target or Costgo?

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Pretty much identical. A card here and there is marked up about $30 but nothing crazy.

Nopa likes this.