AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.1 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by justdoge, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Double post delete plz

Kuss likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the application does always in every case specify the behavior, whether the user has interaction with that behavior is another matter.

and in doing so they either tear, or they vsync.

3. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    #

Well,
    why does it state:
    "... unless application specifies"
    in the driver control panel then?
    Would make this setting somewhat obsolete.

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  4. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Paranoia keeps telling me its my ram, but if i have ram issue i would not only have problems while gaming, i would have problems on desktop as well, im mentally destroying my self as long i use these drivers and do not find a fix for the system freezes, let alone figure out what is breaking MPO, enchanced sync behaves just the same way on 22.5.1 as well also minor freezes while alt tabbing but only every few alt tabs

I would assume if it also happens for Nvidia then you would force vsync then set fast sync and then have vsync on in game as well and shadowplay recording would drop fps down to refresh rate cap if so, but if i remember vagually fast sync was in same drop down menu for vsync control while AMD has toggle that greys out vsync control that clearly bugs out enchanced sync.

5. Maybe DirectDraw or older DX apps could get away with not specifying a default Vsync behavior?

Took me a second to understand the question and I had written up a good Vsync description, right up until that unless app specifies part :p If all apps specify a mode, then what does On or Off in the GPU control panel actually control since all apps specify their mode?

I didn't expect the default Vsync option to do anything negative, but apparently it can mess with VR. I have some testing to do with MPO off and Vsync always off it looks like :p

6. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Setting any kind of vsync does not work on 22.5.1 btw this is probably why 22.5.1 is far more stable if not perfectly stable for most users, i say most because there probably users that have to rollback further for stability.

7. Virtual Desktop recommended driver 22.4.2 for a while with 5000/6000 GPUs before switching to 22.10.2. Apparently 22.5.1 is known for being unstable with HEVC, but may be ok with bitrates below 100 Mbps.

8. Nicholas Bond

Nicholas Bond Active Member

GPU:
    Rx6900xt
    Had to do second install with factory reset following original install after ddu for the noise suppression to work, I think performance improved. Had this happen with the install of a previous version also

9. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    AMD reports instantaneous values when Nvidia reports averaged, i guess?
    Also... 3242 mHz max on memory isn't suspicious as well?)))

Also, your max effective clock is equal to max core clock. Congrats, i guess?

10. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Thats a bug i thought i mentioned that, AMD claimed to have fixed it but they never did, i dont remember what driver.
    Currently sitting on 2502mhz max on 22.5.1

edit: the bug with memory is just visually if it really clocked that high it would instantly crash it does that when it comes from low idle clocks to full load clocks it overshoots visually in reality it does not clock higher then its set at, im not sure if it also happens with core clock speeds does not look like it does.

DimkaTsv likes this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Works fine here, still on 22.10.2 btw but haven't had problems with any driver iirc:

discordtenor.jpg

12. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Yeah, GIFs on discord have been working for me on every driver so far and I am always up to date.

13. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    22.11.1 got WHQL sertification, You can download one from AMD drivers page.
    upload_2022-11-22_23-36-42.png

LizzyWizzy and DanielMue like this.
  14. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    If i remember correctly scrolling fast thru it on old whatsapp made it crash you had to cycle thru them quite a bit but it would consistently made the app crash rather then the gpu driver and it would bug out the app to a point its mostly blank and needing a restart

15. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    They now released a WHQL Version of 22.11.1 is there anry difference other than WHQL compared to the Non-WHQL?

16. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Unlikely. And even if there are some it will be almost impossible to notice.
    More than that in around 3-10 days they will release 22.11.2 or 22.12.1. . .
    They usually release new beta every 1-2 weeks.

17. Wetryshka

Wetryshka Member

GPU:
    AMD XFX RX580 GTS
    Why they release non WHQL first?

18. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Ah, because Microsoft takes weeks to WHQL something it seems.
    So they test beta on their PC (it takes several days), then release as beta while Microsoft does own WHQL sertification. Later when they get checkmark, they rerelease driver as WHQL sertified.

19. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    They been releasing drivers a lot more lately probably expecting feedback to see what works and does not work, it must be really hard to fix the issues or they are incredibly stuborn

20. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Well, when one coder may forget details about code he wrote yesterday. . . Imagine coordinating dozens of coders)))