CDC Sees Significant Increase of Obese Americans, Reveals Most Overweight State

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Horus-Anhur, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Facts right there^.

My Son and my Brother are on the ket_ diet (about 6mo each) and they look good!...They not only lost weight but there energy is up!....They love to meat too... like me! :D
    Eating Fat burns Fat they tell me?

2. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    How can they be true scientist if they don't bring up the fact that people eat 100 times more sugar than they did 100 years ago?

They didn't even bring up this dude...

[​IMG]

Or this Girl...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Dextrose; the corn industry, lobbies hard.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-corn-sugar-idUSKBN0P60BO20150626

"The sugar sector accounts for a third of campaign donations from U.S. agriculture, while making up only 2 percent of farms."

Edit; Its a strange article, as cane sugar is mostly grown outside of the US by American controlled farms and the lobby against cane sugar is the corn industry which wants to supplement/overtake it.

Airbud likes this.
  4. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Big people are right!...Watch

5. There is no right or wrong. Just live your life the way you want and be happy. The only problem with increasing obesity in population is that it adds more (unnecessary) stress on healthcare. Just my 2c.

Airbud likes this.
  6. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    This post^ should win..."guru3d's best post of the year award!"...!

[​IMG]

@haste...I'm stealing that one Brother.

Love y'all

7. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    I agree with your statement, live your live and be happy. But a lot of this people that are living their lifes clearily wrong, as seen by the cover of that idiotic magazine, are still praising it to be healthy and you should do the same.

Hypernaut likes this.
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    In times gone past, people could only eat after patience hunting in groups, sometimes trekking 50-100 miles to get food and water across arid landscapes...with no shoes.

In other parts of the world the environment was so hostile with sub-zero weather, hard work and dedication to land husbandry, meant only the smartest survived and leant to build protection against the elements.

Is it any wonder then, that the best long distance runners come from sub-Saharan countries and, the best engineers come from Scotland?

A persons environment plays an enormous role in the way their body acts and reacts to food.

However, you must also consider the jobs one can get in the food industry, like, a "Food Technologist".

If you check the role in that link, you will see quite clearly their job basically entails making you eat more than you need...that, is not good.

Airbud and Solfaur like this.
  9. Something I found interesting was that those iodized salt packets from McDonalds contain Dextrose. It's not a notable amount and it's apparently there for anti-caking, but it's wild they put sugar even in the salt :p

I guess it's better than using cyanide as the anti-caking agent and then disguising it as yellow prussiate of soda. Why is that legal?

Yup, basically with a lack-of sugar/carbs you switch your main energy source from carbs to fat.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2022
    anticupidon and Airbud like this.
  10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Sugar is interesting especially refined one is the easiest one to turn into fat. And in modern world the "healthy" less fat products usually have added sugars.

I am really shitty at staying off carbs even tho I know it works best for me and it's easy move to weight loss.

Airbud and Solfaur like this.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I wouldn't say that carbs are the enemy either, just as fat isn't. Refined sugar, saturated fats and all the processed junk-food that is built around the combination of those are. Not only are they not healthy, but also far less satiating and addictive.

It's a broad topic really and it depends a lot on the individual lifestyle, how active one is, genetics, food preferences etc. There is not "best" way to do it, best is what works for you, if that is low fat, or low carb, or a mix of both, matters less. What matters is that you are consistent with it and the most important thing is to keep a look on calories at the end of the week. You can eat the healthiest whole foods, if the total calories you consume are above your maintenance, you will put on fat.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I saw BBC program where two twins (both medics) eat completely "opposite" food - sugar rich and fat rich - for a month. Both had nearly same results. Narrators explained that allegedly our body can handle both sweet or fat food but not sweet and fat food. Because nature does provide food either sweet or fat. When we eat sweet and fat food - ice cream, cheesecake, etc - we put body at risk of obesity.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Eh - when that program aired in like 2017 I remember a bunch of reddit articles pointing out massive flaws in it. The **** people in particular were going nuts.

I think for these kinds of things you need wide studies, with lots of people and years of measurements and years of meta analysis to really conclude anything about diets.

Solfaur and tunejunky like this.
  14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well, that`s namely how I remember their conclusion - "most probably" (not "for 100% sure").

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    In countries with universal public heal care, because it's paid by the tax payer, governments have a strong incentive in having a healthier population, as to reduce costs.
    That's why the EU, for example, has many more rules regarding food health and safety.
    In the USA, not only there is the sugar lobby and farmers, but also the private health sector wants more sick people, as to have more clients.

Solfaur likes this.

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Don't get me wrong. I agree with lots of points written in this thread.
    But let's it going with ...politics.

That being said, I am amazed by some smart people with vast knowledge in various abstract fields, some with PhDs...being utterly clueless about foods and lifestyle.

17. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Why would someone laugh at you for trying to get yourself in shape at the gym? For someone who has made it to gym and is close to starting a healthier lifestyle, perhaps all it takes is just a thumb up to make him/her carry on training, will not cost you anything. Is this really the case that fat people are laughed at at gym?

About different diets, there was an article about paleo diet last month.
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/10/our-ancestors-ate-a-paleo-diet-it-had-carbs/

Solfaur likes this.
  18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    When I was 14-15 on my highschool bus, we were on our way to school, stuck in slow moving traffic and this overweight woman was jogging on the side of the road - going kinda slow, clearly out of breathe, but putting in effort.. kids were laughing about her but i imagine she couldn't hear, but then one of the kids from the other school we shared the bus with yelled out the window "run you fat whale, run" and the whole bus started laughing, I recall laughing a bit myself but then she kind of stopped and took a breath but she looked so defeated in her eyes. I'll never forget that look, it just made me feel terrible and I thought about it for a while how shitty it was to do that. Granted we were kids and kids do stupid crap but yeah - it sucks.

The gyms I've been in have a pretty good culture - when you see someone trying and pushing themselves, no matter how weak/overweight/etc we encourage them to continue and make themselves better. The current gym I'm in the motto is "1% better everyday" and I think that's a good outlook. You don't need to make big changes right away, you can start in moderation and slowly build it up. That being said I think it's much more difficult for overweight people to motivate themselves to get out there and do it. I've always been in pretty good shape - my sister on the otherhand has depression and the anti-depressants she went on caused her weight to explode up. I've tried many times to work with her on dieting/exercise but it's a struggle and as others pointed out.. having like 3-4 hamburgers being cheaper than a salad definitely doesn't help.

19. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    When I see someone else taking the stairs or walking outside I give them a little nod or word of encouragement. But yeah, I was a shitty kid too just in case you people thought I was always this sunshine and roses gentleman that you see before you. :)

Airbud likes this.
  20. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    It's so easy - 11 years ago my BMI was 29 and my knees began to struggle. So I began to eat healthier and less and after one year my BMI was 20 and has stayed there for 10 years.

Airbud likes this.