GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 526.61

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Nov 2, 2022.

1. craven68

craven68 Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 1080ti 4x ultra
    What setting are you using ? ( and 4k ? i m playing on my 4k tv).

2. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes i'm playing on a Samsung 4K Tv, DisplayPort 1.2 max resolution :)

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I feel no levels of frustration at all, kindly stop projecting, I simply will not allow for someones mistaken belief to fester and be perpetuated on tech forums for the sake of anyone's fragility.

You said something that wasn't accurate, nothing less, I didn't attack you for it the way the other guy came across and did so and i don't agree with him doing so, but believing that DDU actively prevents driver install problems is a blatant falsity and is the definition of insanity since it is more likely to introduce the problems.

As is, it stuffs the installation procedure on Notebooks using the Nvidia platform driver. because it destroys Coinstall registration for that component and the system can not start the driver on reboot (requiring the user to use more invasive tools to remove that driver)

If we were talking about Creative SB and XFI drivers though........ those have historically crap themselves with the "No Device Detected crap" doing driver upgrades requiring a complete driver wipe with the provided ctinstall or drivercleaner and usually reinstallation of all software packages. Driver Cleaner was developed for the purpose of eradicating Creative drivers, and was only updated to handle display drivers as an afterthought, in an era where the OS couldn't run 2 vendors GPU drivers at once (XP days), even then its existence was intended for the Review site crowd that was often swapping between hardware on the same pc.

Even on Windows 7, before drivers were launched out of the DriverStore directly, it wasn't recommended to invasively clean drivers for simple updates, or downgrades where the uninstall went fine. It exists for the cases where the driver crashes during installation and the full uninstall information wasn't completely in place

This case isn't really a problem thanks to the co-installers doing these tasks ahead of time in drivers for as atleast as far back as 314, with the GT200 cards.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  4. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    DOTA 2 is not responding to any FPS limiting in game, had to do it over rivatuner ss. Worked before this driver.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    I noticed after the driver install which was also yesterday, thought it was that, ty. Dota 2 is doing small updates constantly, cant keep track of that.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I actually can't get it to start with vulkan if fullscreen exclusive is set, and it was respecting the frame limiter in borderless.

i am using -vulkan_disable_graphics_pipeline_library launch option to fix crashing though.

Actually i just checked and the fullscreen crash is a TDR o_O

Got it working again, with the Layered on DXGI feature.

Seems i had a corrupt vulkan pipeline, its fine now :D

@PPC
    it seems when you first start the game, the dashboard FPS limit is not applied, so it runs at whatever the main fps limit is set to,

if you touch the dashboard limit, it starts to apply, then whichever is highest is what you achieve on the dashboard.

[​IMG]

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I do mate yeah sorry

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Wrong, for some configurations it can crap the system.

Hence why even Wagner states that it should only be used if there is a problem installing/uninstalling a driver, switching GPU brand and that it should not be used every time a new driver is installed.
    To remove old driver files, in case that there are leftovers, use DriverStoreExplorer or DISM++ instead.
    There is no point whatsoever in using DDU for every single NV driver installation.

10. escape75

escape75 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060 12G
    Badgerslayer7 and Warkratos like this.

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Like the previous one, this driver has slightly wobbly frame times in Strange Brigade Vulkan and Heroes of the Storm DXVK. This wasn't the case with 522.25 driver. Also, enabling the new sharpen per game profile unfortunately still disables MPO globally and thus breaks VRR in Amazon Prime app.

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  13. escape75

escape75 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060 12G
    no idea, this was just a google search,- however I was told to use ddu by nvidia when I was pretty sure my issues were related to a buggy driver and not how I installed it.

14. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Used DDU for years, and never had a hosed system, and I have a few. Drivers?, well, lol.

Probably (more likely) the new Windows 11 turd, as nothing is playing nice with that crap.

15. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    NVIDIA's executives, world-class scientists/researchers, etc. = NVIDIA - would never suggest any unofficial 3rd-party tool/hardware/cable/SPEC to aid its products.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2022

16. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

I mean.. Its only logical to assume that Nvidia or any other company offers a complete solution without the requirement of a 3rd-party tool. Wouldn't Nvidia just have included similar steps into the software that DDU provides if it was necessary for their users? :p

17. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    There is such an option in nvdrivers, its "clean install" in the drivers itself.

18. CellarDoor

CellarDoor New Member

GPU:
    rtx 3080 ftw3 ultra
  19. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Here and there, things can remain with Nvidia's clean install. I've seen instances of it when going from very old drivers to much newer ones, reverting from newer drivers to older ones and sometimes from some faulty drivers to a hot fix and of course, upgrading the video card. In such cases, using DDU is the best option except a clean OS installation.

Note that usually it isn't needed as most of the time installing a new driver over the old one (especially using the Clean Install option) will be fine, but if you see issues with a new driver, it may very well be a good idea to run the latest version of DDU in safe mode to really clean the system of the drivers and reinstall them again to see if the issue was with something that carried over, which it sometimes is.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    Dark_Diver likes this.
  20. Chade

Chade Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 3080 OC
    526.47 and 526.61 both are poor drivers for me. Corruption in Cyberpunk when running the benchmark in native res with DLSS enabled in the bar area at the start of the benchmark, there is a section across the bottom of the screen that is brightly lit. Uncharted and Days Gone both had random CTDs after extended play of 3-4 hours. 526.47 had, for me, the bug that would keep the clocks at full after quitting out of certain apps, especially if Prefer Maximum Performance was selected. This did appear fixed in 526.61 though. No DWM issue in either of these drivers though. Went back to 522.25 and all is good again.

On the subject of DDU. I don't use it for every driver install, as some have said, there is no need if you don't have problems. The rule I usually follow is this, if I'm upgrading to a newer driver and the previous one worked fine, I straight install over the top, no DDU. If I'm rolling back because a newer driver has problems, I use DDU to make sure all traces of that driver are gone. Nvidia are not perfect, they have plenty of driver issues, as we see here in this and previous threads, so to assume they might also have installer/uninstaller issues occasionally is not a stretch and certainly not overreacting.

Using DDU on a desktop Windows installation is perfectly safe if you follow the instructions. I uninstall the driver with the Nvidia uninstaller first, reboot into safe mode, disable WU driver updates, clean and reboot, install the new driver, also using the clean install checkbox, and then turn back on WU driver updates, make sure shader caches have been deleted and reboot. The only time you should be cautious is if you are using a Windows Insider build, which could possibly change some things behind the scenes with how drivers are installed and handled by Windows and DDU won't be updated to know this, so there is the potential for problems there.