NVIDIA GeForce 526.47 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Oct 27, 2022.

1. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Yeah, NIS sharpening only works in games where NIS is enabled in the profile.
    This is only a useful "hack" if you want to get more downscaled resolutions (without having to manually create those) like you get from ticking the "GPU Scaling" box in the older image scaler and/or want to use other sharpeners like Reshade/GFE instead for better performance. No need to have global NIS enabled in this case and lose performance in all games regardless of resolution.

It's both frustrating and infuriating. I think when first iteration of scaling was released, it had the same issue of scaling and sharpening being mashed into a single toggle which had to be enabled globally.
    Then Nvidia fixed it and split it into separate settings.
    You already made this mistake and fixed it; how can you go and do the same damn mistake again with NIS but it's even worse this time around because of the performance impact on GPUs that are supposed to be the main target for NIS. Nvidia of course was radio silent on NIS performance issues.
    And it took them an actual year to fix it, or rather partially "revert" it to how the old scaler behaves.

2. kiorio

kiorio Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GAMING X 8
    Same problem after exiting any game. Windows 10 Pro 19045.2132, GTX 1080.

3. escape75

escape75 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060 12G
    This release has finally fixed my idle TDR - I think it related to having a TV plugged in to the HDMI output ...

It now wakes up my monitor just fine! :)

XantaX likes this.
  4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes true, but it isn't a driver issue ,blame the game....

SmokingPistol, AuerX and caleb59 like this.

5. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Both

6. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    Yes me too I surprised myself from High school french :) like 50 years ago

7. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    I Read Gotham knights is sometimes stuttering anyone have this issue ?
    This driver is not optimized for this game as far i know.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Thats a game problem, poorly optimized.

loracle likes this.
  9. Polie

Polie Guest

GPU:
    3080ti
    In the new COD MW2, I am getting splotches, black blocks, random terrain depth issues studdering, ect with the latest Nvidia drivers. I did a ddu and did a clean install w/ the last drivers and no issues. I also tried the GPU at stock voltage and 5% incriminates to 75%. I was still getting issues in game and benchmark.

System specs:
    Amd 5600x 4.6 all core of
    EVGA 3080ti, stock but voltage turned up to 113% and fans at max
    4x8gb ram 3600
    Nvme
    1kw psu

Thank you for all you do!

10. mtbiker033

mtbiker033 Member

GPU:
    3080ti FE
    3080ti not downclocking properly on this driver and this is after a restart and no games with "prefer maximum performance" in the nvcp being started

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I just played Spiderman for an hour and card downclock just fine when you exit with a default optimal power in nvcp using w11.

12. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    That a driver... AGAIN... needs to fix (workaround) poor CLIENT development issues.

I mean... you would think after YEARS of CoD deployments, this known fact should be seared in ALL CoD fans' minds (in other words, go and harass/highjack/BLOW-UP Activision's forums/outlets, not NVIDIA), especially now since RICOCHET has been added.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  13. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    I too do not seem to suffer this issue & I have 'Prefer maximum Performance' enabled globally & I have 'Low Latency Mode' set to Ultra globally. I am running win11 22H2 Release preview

What the hell is going on here. This is a very real issue for some but not for others & there is a distinct lack of evidence to point to a particular setup or OEM as being the issue or related to it :confused:

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I always set low latency mode to On not ultra as it works better with gsync and i cap fps with rtss.

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It does not, unless the Nvidia driver limiter for whatever weird reason doesn't work well for you.

16. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Additional Info : I do not suffer from a broken zero rpm fan issue either, something that many are reporting also. Radiator fan regularly sits idle, even when gaming (in low load scenarios). So yeah, some weird sh*t going on here indeed.

Gotta agree with you there buddy. Best gsync performance comes with Vsync on (NVCP), Low Latency set to Ultra, NV frame cap set to 142fps. On my setup at least ;)

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    How so? Vsync should not be on globaly as gsync works best by itself. Rtss also have less input lag and better frametimes than nvidia frame cap and isnt the low latency mode ultra already limit the framerate if your gpu bound? Its kinda redundant.

18. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It does not. Those who say otherwise don't know how to test properly.

It has not, maybe 1% low fps of RTSS limiter are better by the tiniest margin. If Nvidia limiter doesn't work well for you in the vast majority of games, likely something is fishy with your system.

Yes, NULL will limit at 138.xfps with 144Hz VRR + vsync. But it's not related to GPU or CPU limit.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I test myself with the "feel" and smoothest experience for me was gsync by itself. If it works as it should there will be no tearing and less input lag than with vsync.

I didnt said its not working for me i said rtss does it better.

Redundant like i said. I leave it on with fps cap instead of ultra.

20. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Dude, I am not nay saying your method of application & its benefit to your system, I am simply stating that I follow Official NVidia guidance for the correct engagement of Gsync using the Geforce drivers & that method produces the best results for my system...

Undying likes this.