The Witcher Remake

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Oct 26, 2022.

1. int

int Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I suppose it's just the nature of game dev but it was a bit strange how early CDPR announced Cyberpunk back in 2012 (IIRC) while only beginning proper work on it following TW3's Blood & Wine expansion in 2016.

Makes me wonder when development of this remake will actually begin.

2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This remake will be developed by another studio, not CDPR!

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Big fan of the original, played it over 5+ times back in the day. I didn't mind the more unique combat mechanic, the world, story and atmosphere were fantastic. The only thing I regret is that I was not able to get my hands on the very limited collector's edition, unlike with the sequels. :rolleyes:

As for the remake, I bet it's so early in development that we'll forget it's even in the making. Sure I'm looking forward to it, but I think CDPR is spreading itself too thin (even though I realize it's outsourced) with that huge list of projects. We'll see how things turn out, but I have my reservations, sadly.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed, a Polish game studio (obviously :))
    https://www.foolstheory.com/

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Netherwind and apophis like this.
  6. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    And some of the FT members have worked on the Witcher.

Netherwind likes this.
  7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i assume some people here didn't play the first and second Witcher games so i willl share in this comment that the two first games are simply amazing. by amazing - story, characters, maturity. my problem with both of those titles was always the game-play. since the other factors are top quality, it's a minor issue but still worth mentioning.

the third game fixed ( for me ) the clunky combat and movement with a more fluid and natural game-play. it was also patched several times till they got it right.

for anyone that didn't play and is appreciating a mature story and overall a great campaign.. both are recommended.

i just felt i should post it because most people are more familiar with the third game, and i see that several of my friends didn't even touch the first two.

AlmondMan likes this.
  8. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    I have the first and second games. I completed the second a few times and have yet to fully play the first as I just cannot get past the combat. What I did notice about the second game was that it had a difficult opening, i remember one review calling it a "trial by fire". It made me want to play the game more as I constantly got beaten black and blue. The Witcher 2 was also the game that got me into RPG's as well.

Grimbarian likes this.
  9. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    You aren't missing out on much if anything. I enjoyed the first game and finished the second but I was done with the series after W2.

10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Wtf!?
    None of the Witcher games is or was a mess like CP 2077! And the third game is not connected with the second!
    Btw, is the Skyrim gameplay built around kb and mouse!

11. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Eh Witcher 3 is a direct sequel to the second game, although they took some extra leaps in the story to get where Geralt was a the start of W3. Storywise the Witcher 1 is the odd one out with a discount Yennefer (Triss) and a discount Ciri (Alvin).

As for Skyrim; a lot of its controls for moving, magic etc. are clearly better with kb and mouse for one part, then they took the inventory and built it for a controller. Don't get me wrong, the game plays fine on just a controller and fine with mouse and keyboard, but it's definitely a schizophrenic approach to game control design.

12. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    TW3 game-play and mainly combat is miles better than Skyrim's simple clunky and non-challenging combat. i love Skyrim, the combat was just always outdated and outclassed by tons of lesser games.

with TW3 - you gotta play on the hardest difficulty to appreciate the combat\build variety while doing a full play. i finished it around 4 times, and playing on a normal difficulty is o.k for the first time, it's actually smart, this way you are more focused on the great story\char.. etc.. but as a second or maybe third full play, difficulty increase makes the game combat amazing. that's not the case for a lot of games out there.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    skyrim is it own entity, to me seem like it was built around mouse and kb then rudimentary support for contolers was added, and it shows but by the time skyrim was out i was already pretty much play most my game on pc with gamepad my biggest issue with skyrim was animations they where terrible back when was original released, and worse now. mostly ignore able if you played in first person mode. i cant do that though combat was not the great either, but none those reasons kept from play skyrim and put 5000+ hours into and i still play it, i can only hope ES 6 has that kind life span for me again

CP2077 was cluster cluck for consoles well last gen it should never been released on them. by i didnt play 2077 till after ps5 upgrade was out which actual had 60 fps, was perfectly playable by then

i preferred how the witcher play on pc vs how it played in 2 and look same in 3, but back then i actual play using kb mouse almost exclusively. these day i just want gamepad and to sit back and relax.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  14. Fraser89

Fraser89 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050TI
    I am really looking forward for this. I am always a big fan of CDPR games and when it is about the witcher, it hardly can get any better.

15. int

int Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Yes, just like the TW3 remake was being made by a Russia-based dev team originally. CDPR still tend to announce things rather early though.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Finally

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    More interestig than any other Witcher news lately. Can't wait for comparison screenshots tbh

DannyD likes this.
  18. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    So we have to install it if we're on Steam? PC Gamer seems to say it's mandatory when they say it should download like any other update. I'm wondering if it will conflict with the HD Reworked mod.

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Time to replay it !

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It includes the hd reworked mod ;)

BlindBison likes this.