Razer portable Android Gaming Razer Edge with Snapdragon G3x Gen 1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    LOL at the price of this, screen could be nice but for android games? yay i guess.

But costs same as the steam deck

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Being a Snapdragon, I wonder if WOS would run on this.

4. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    What Android game warrants spending 400$ so you can be like a desperate addict and play it on the move

5. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    instead of spending 2500$ in a stupid desktop PC, I could spend 400$ in this jewel and jave 2100$ to spend in stupid microtransactions on those Android games... i'm so clever!

6. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    People buy these for emulators, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, PSP, and so on, almost all consoles have Android emulator

toyo likes this.
  7. Tekkaman.Evil

Tekkaman.Evil Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    They tried to jump on the Steam Deck bandwagon, but missed entirely by going with ARM and Android. The Steam Deck is popular because you have access to your Steam Library without relying on streaming (though that is an option) as well as being able to use it as a real computer. It is also immensely more tweakable/hackable than any Android device could ever hope to be.

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If they managed to keep screen cool during gaming, it might be a viable option.

Perhaps I'd play more Android games if I could swipe the fingers smoothly. Normally, the screens get so hot that my fingers get sweaty preventing me from playing games other than Sudoku etc. Imo cool screen should be one of the core features of gaming console. Razer mentions active cooling, but they don't post FLIR pics bragging about the screen temperature. So - pass.

9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Prior to steamdeck, this might have seemed awesome... now its just limiting... maybe if it was half the price you could call it a cheaper steam deck for emulation.
    But steam deck emulates far better so :/ just awkward device
    then steam deck also get all steam games, and can do most things... just odd especially the price

10. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    UHM, hell no.
    At that price, I can already get a used steamdeck. And do alot more. Emulators run better on PC hardware anyways.

11. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Steam Deck is limited to how many countries? If you look globally, most people cant buy one.

Also there is issue with size, some people go buy smaller steam deck-like device due to size.
    Android also has Internet, everywhere, that's a big plus for entertainment value

I had 2 steam decks [both to re-sell], its OK, but me personally [and i can buy another one] my geek says "go buy it" but my adult self says "hey, where are you going to use it?"
    Its nice device but you need to actually go outside and be free to use it, which is something that only happens to schoolchildren and adults that live in Anthill cities that use public transport that takes above 30mininutes.
    I do want one, trying to force myself to buy it to "play old games that look bad on big TV]
    But there are 3rd party device coming soon, for na OK price, Loki MAX, basically with 6800U APU, for 800$ so you get a real PC, its 8c/16t ZEN3 CPU, much faster RDNA2 GPU [i think 12 CUs], USB 4.0,16Gb DDR5, 512Gb NVMe [supports 2280 standard], 6inch screen [yeah thats a minus for me, i prefer the larger steam deck screen, but for most people its a plus]
    https://www.ayntec.com/products/loki-max-reservation

So i dont know, maybe i should go for this one, its a full PC in a console package and should have longer longevity than steam deck, i have a feeling that Steam will release a new model, no later than mid 2023, 6800U looks like a perfect soc for it, there is also 6600U which also faster than steam deck, has 6C/12t CPU and 6 CU for GPU

12. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I mean I use my steam deck to get away from the desk, play a bit in bed/sofa etc quite easy to do a bit of playing then turn it off for later but I get that is subjective but then all devices like this will be

In terms of that Loki Max (never heard of them which is always a red flag) Also I expect the battery to be far worse than the steam deck, basically an amped up steam deck.... which is great but will drain the battery fast

And considering the success I assume steam deck will get a second version still hoping they do a pro version maybe then the 7000 series APU's are out from AMD hopefully similar power package but just better IPC