Corsair is MAD at GURU3D

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by barbacot, Oct 13, 2022.

1. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Exactly - I searched for it but did not found the source...

A SS was better in my opinion than the whole video.

Sorry for the late reply - I was "in the market" trying to see if I can buy a 4090 FE from a guy....

Glad it was resolved - the language was "crude" and I had a better opinion about Corsair which PSU's I love and use since they were first launched (also some of their cases) and when needed their support was helpful and nice.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    How dare you not blowing it out of proportion? It's the internet man, go wild !

Why_Me, Airbud, Agent-A01 and 2 others like this.
  3. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Keitosha, Lavcat, Airbud and 7 others like this.
  4. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    embarrassing :S

5. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    [​IMG]

Just FYI where the message came from

Keitosha likes this.
  6. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Wow, I'm really shocked that came from jonnyGURU. I know he works for Corsair now, but he used to be the go to guy for anything power supply review related and always seemed to know his stuff. He's even did interviews in the past with Steve of GN and always seemed very knowledgeable. He's not the guy I expected to get this wrong and I definitely didn't expect the crude words he used to describe the correct information.

EDIT: It sounds like he was incorrectly informed by nVidia themselves who didn't even send them a card or the adapter to use for making their own PSU cables. nVidia is doing a great job pissing off companies lately.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  7. Shonk

Shonk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    This is all a bit of a nothing burger

jonnyGuru was talking about physical cables from the psu to a graphics card e.g. is a psu capable of running 600w with 2 or 3 cables etc
    GN was talking about the supplied Nvidia 4 connector adaptor

GN arent being clear enough
    and jonnyGuru wasnt clear enough in what he was pointing out

Both are right and both are wrong..

GN are being a bit pedantic and Corsair may have apologized but the fact is what jg said was correct the sense pins are just that the graphics card looks for ground on said pins, its not a communication link
    Nvidia stated there's an ic in the adaptor but what they didnt say is all that ic does is it looks for how many cables are connected then pulls one or both sense pins to ground to inform the card 450w or 600w

HandR likes this.
  8. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I thought what GN and Guru3D both said was pretty clear, they were talking about the nVidia adapter. The problem it seems is nVidia didn't even send Corsair one of the adapters and gave them the wrong specs of said adapter. It seems like most board partners and PSU companies were under the impression from nVidia that any adapter was a "dumb" adapter and did not have any sort of IC in them.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    why am i not surprised its Johnny Gerow, makin an arse of himself.

corsair should try reading the specification for a change.

Why_Me likes this.
  10. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Thanks for great review....
    There are already many very, very detailed teardown reviews (e.g. tecpwrup), so why bothering...?

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Oh wow so Nvidia kinda knock jonnyGuru down a peg with their ingenuity. JonnyGuru simply didn't expect the card to know whether 3 or 4 connectors are connected.

I guess the smarter and more experienced someone is, the more humility they should conduct themselves LOL

Glottiz likes this.
  12. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Dunno i think GN was perfectly clear in their video that with 3 cables you can set it to 100% and the card will work but if you want to overclock and go beyond 100% you need a 4th cable.

Why_Me likes this.
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    A professional approach would have been to contact GN and Hilbert directly....not make an idiotic post on Discord.....

Why_Me likes this.