AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by D1stRU3T0R, Sep 30, 2022.

1. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    Well, 22.5.1 was released in may, since may i wasn't able to use these "improved" driver versions due to "their" bugs!
    22.5.2 - 22.8.1 these drivers produced crazy flickering in the VR headsets, 22.8.2 fixed that, but they put in the Vegas Pro color bug, so i am not able to cut any video i recorded. Only solution was to stay with an old driver with their high end gpu.
    You have to take it with humor lol :rolleyes:

2. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    GL_NV_depth_buffer_float has already been acknowledged as far as I'm aware (RPCS3 Dev reached out on Reddit a while ago). Can you provide an actual list of impacted apps?

Indra881 likes this.
  3. arvan

arvan Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP!
    Ah nice to see

is listed and they provide a target version to fix issues with this release.

4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    if you have the patience to test all legacy opengl games (which is IHVs job).. the fact is, a lot of extensions that were just standards de-facto on windows gaming were dropped. a lot of them never get into the standard because ogl is a khronos group clusterfuck where every single 0.001% of IHV or cad softwarehouse has right of vote there to block stuff they have not the resources or the hardware to support. AMD broke its own extensions. yes some of third party extensions get standardized with identical o pretty similar features (not always like GL_NV_depth_buffer_float) but this doesn't automatically translate into binary compatibility.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.

5. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Did AMD break their own extensions or were they deprecated

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    they just removed the support from their driver after the released the new opengl driver. Even if's comprehensible to not bring out a new performance driver with 100% of the stuff supported by the previous, so far there was basically 0 communication about the company on improving the support on OpenGL extensions, and no, a guy posting a couple of smoky messages on reddit is not the way a company should communicate.

boombastik likes this.
  7. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    I see no value in commenting on OGL extension support for each release without any tangible data on impacted apps. One case was mentioned and swiftly addressed. If they're not present they're probably not significant.

8. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
    This bug first we meet it Adrenalin 21.9.2.
    After reports they acknowledge it in driver 22.4.2.
    Until now it is unfixable...

@Blisk after 15 years they decided to make an opengl performance driver when all games stop using this API at least we expect to use the same amount of extensions.
    At least here the developer before two months , he said that he need this extension.
    -https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/wfs193/newer_opengl_2271_driver_missing_gl_nv_depth/

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Alessio1989 and The Creator like this.
  9. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    I was referring to this post, and plenty of applications besides games use OpenGL

Indra881 likes this.
  10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    IS EVERYTHING FIXED? is it still losing signal with youtube and videos?

11. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Nope.
    Still has Chrome stutter and driver timeout issue.

If you only game, don't have dual monitors or playback videos while gaming it should be fine.

//edit
    Having a game runninig + mpc video playback
    Then open chrome, browse for 30sec, instant driver timeout.
    x)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    Truder likes this.
  12. Lbuipo

Lbuipo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX merc319 7800xt
    Not to speak about DirectX 11 optimizations only only on Navi's Gpu's...
    "Vanguard team"! :(

The Creator likes this.
  13. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    So Mafia 3 is vastly smoother with this driver than previous drivers. It's strangely enough as smooth and as fast as DXNAVI on 5700 XT.

Had to double check and it seems registries still don't expose DXNAVI on RDNA1.

And yet, I'm getting vastly better frametimes than before.

14. Lbuipo

Lbuipo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX merc319 7800xt
    So, probably good news on dx11 optimizations?!
    Have to check it out on my Vega 64!

15. Jenda

Jenda Guest

GPU:
    6700XT 12GB
    Hello guys.
    So how is it with these drivers?

I am still on 22.4.2 as any newer driver DOES increase performance, BUT AT COST OF VISUAL QUALITY in unacceptable levels.

Dont you any1 see that?

For example I do play GTAV. With 22.4.2. image is bright, mip map is distant - almost not visible. With 22.5.1 and after drivers, GTAV is unplayable due very UGLY and BLURRY image.
    Mip map is very close, you cant even read STOP sign on the road as it is blurred box. Its terrible.
    22.5.2 minor improvement
    22.6.1 minor improvement - still unacceptable for playing
    22.8.1 same
    22.8.2 big improvement, mip map si much far away, but lines on the road, signs and overall textures still blurred to much compared to drivers 22.4.2

I am very tired of trying every 2 weeks new drivers to see if it is repaired.

So how are these new 22.10.1? Any1 tried?

BTW. Am I the only one who see this? Damn AMD is lying again. They did not say anything about fps increase at cost of a visual quality. So they can stick their "wonder drivers" in their...

16. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    anyone else having white flashes in Chrome ?

JerseyDevil24 likes this.
  17. JerseyDevil24

JerseyDevil24 Active Member

GPU:
    msi rx 6600
    sometimes I have screen flickering ,WIN 10 no flick

18. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Single display or multiple? Could you tell us which monitor you're using?

19. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    single display - LG 32GK850F-B

Blisk likes this.
  20. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Exactly this ^^^

I've rolled back to 22.5.2, the drivers after these have been so unstable. Having a chromium based web browser (which includes discord) open on second monitor and occasionally get problems that range from frame drops, stutters, to black screens and even system crashes when playing a game. Also playing DX11 games, occasionally get crashing....

I can play DX12 or Vulkan games that are insanely demanding and have no problems, and then play something like Crusader Kings or League of Legends and it'll crash. - Sent of various reports of the issues via the report tool, hopefully things will improve later.