AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.9.2 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Sep 27, 2022.

1. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Good . If so why not actively participate in beta testing software in Amd Vanguard ? You could make everything easier for yourself by participating and being able to give those missing feedbacks ... This is open to everyone .....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    Cryio likes this.
  2. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Either way...even using enhanced sync the wrong way it shouldn't cause a PC shutdown. I think that PC has other issues.

Direfield, Cryio and HD64G like this.
  3. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    Thank you for your feedback. While coil whine seems normal on some GPUs it only happens if Enhanced Sync is activated and disappears instantly if I disable Enhanced Sync.
    My PSU is a be quiet straight power 11 850w, multirail i guess, and the GPU is connected with two seperate power cable. No Problem with chill, just Enhanced Sync.

Edit: PC doesn't has other issues. Like i said I can reproduce the behavior and by turning Enhanced Sync OFF everything is fine.

Thank you for making this clear for me. I will leave Enhanced Sync disabled for good. It has been a pain for years with my old rx580. My next Monitor will use Freesync, so no need for Vsync/Enhanced Sync.

4. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I already tried but I still have no answer to my request (one week). :D

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Same here.
    Months for me, actually.
    I just gave up.

6. RekidaLead

RekidaLead Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I did this multiple times, same issue on fresh user account and even tried Windows-To-Go clean install with the same result.

7. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT
    RekidaLead likes this.
  8. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Lbuipo likes this.
  9. RekidaLead

RekidaLead Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
  10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I like how they mention some fixes expected in next release :D

Can't we have DXNAVI in RDNA1 again?

Cryio likes this.

11. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Yeah, I wouldn't put you in the category of people I was talking about - there are simply extensions missing and there is nothing you can reasonably do about it until they put them back or you figure out how to do it yourself. I also get ever so slightly better DX12 performance from older driver but the optimizations for DX11 and OGL plus the expanded feature set and bug fixes far outweigh the like ~3% I am missing from DX12 which is so small it could just be margin of error.

To the people with stutters, black screens, and crashing I used to have all these problems on my desktop until I got all my drivers (most notably my chipset drivers and VBIOS) up to date and ever since then my desktop has had zero issues what so ever and with my laptop it has been smooth sailing since i got it last November. I always have everything up to date and don't do any mucking about with the system anymore as it always gave me problems down the line that I thought was to do with software / hardware but it was inevitably something to do with what I changed on the system level not playing nice with whatever hardware / software I thought was producing the problems.

I just hope everyone can figure their stuff out (if it is within reason for them to do so) and we can all get to the smooth sailing phase that I have been in for quite a while now. I am absolutely loving these Radeon cards I have and it feels so good to be able to just play and compute with zero issues.

Feel good

Everyone should find their motherboard on station drivers and make sure all their drivers are up to date - this website has been immensely helpful for me to stay up to date with everything on my motherboard. You should all check for updated VBIOS files from your manufacturer directly through a live update type program or from the TPU vbios collection as lots of black screens and issues have been fixed in VBIOS revisions for the RX 6000 series. I had black screen issues that were 100% resolved with a VBIOS update - haven't had a single one since.

Anyways, good luck to everyone!

Super stoked to see what RDNA 3 brings to the table.

MyEinsamkeit likes this.
  12. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Enhanced Sync has been improving a lot with recent drivers. Give it a few more tries in various games / APIs, now that you know how to properly use it.

Also: NEVER globally set ANY V-Sync option. Not Globally Off, not Globally On, nor Enhanced Sync Globally On.

13. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    u/AMD_Vik is a real bro and he's been very reactive to my comments on Reddit on driver release posts, when it comes to bugs.

I think he's the reason why DXVK now works properly in God of War on RDNA1 on Windows for example.

I'd expect his hands to be tied when commenting on upcoming/unconfirmed features, such as DXNAVI on RDNA1/Vega/Polaris (actively supported uArches by curent drivers). But I understand.

Lbuipo and MerolaC like this.
  14. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    As the release notes for the 22.10.1 look not promising for me, still the vegas pro inverted colors bug i will try now the yesterday released Pro Driver 22.Q3.

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does everyone still have a Black screen when watching youtube for a long time?? or it's just my HDMI Switch that I bought from aliexpress and I have another switch that I need freaking NVIDIA GPU to use $580 HD FURY VRROOM because FREAKING AMD can't support VRR for god sake.

EDIT : NO it's not the HDMI SWITCH, Just by using CHROME, posting this I had a black screen and BSOD WHILE IN THE BLACK SCREEN OMGMDSGSG

I so hate AMD now, NO VRR Support, RSR BUGS, Black Screen Bugs, Not working Hardware Acceleration bug. freaking disgusting

When they release OPTIONAL Drivers it doesn't suppose to be SCREWED UP, Why would it be screwed up to begin with????? And they didn't release WHQL DRIVERS SINCE 22.5.1!!!!!!!!!!!! Nvidia release WHQL 99% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to play Horizon Dawn for example but I CAN'T because 22.5.1 has the STUPID TREES and BUSHES BUG and anything 22.x.x fixes the issue but has BLACK SCREENS!!!!!!!!! CAN'T USE THIS BLOODY CARD SINCE THE START, couldn't play VR because of the stupid ass bug that took them 6 months to FIXED, Screw AMD really screw them

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...00000133/27a3f432-5651-4ef3-9ee8-e8a5332d41cb

upload_2022-9-30_23-25-18.png

upload_2022-9-30_23-14-33.png

And freaking Forza Horizon 3 crashing al the time since drivers 22.x.x I don't remember I had issues with old ones. it can't be the game.

upload_2022-9-30_23-14-7.png

Attached Files:

16. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    I fully understand you!
    i just installed the 22.Q3 which were released yesterday, will try them with HZD now. Had good results with the HP reverb G2 with MSFS and vegas Pro works also as supposed, will report back.

Update:
    Just tested HZD, works without problems for me.

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I just read your specs. Check if your BIOS has RBAR enabled. If so, disable it. Also, stop using Chrome browser, it's a buggy hot mess. Use Edge if you want a Chrome based client.

18. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    I've tested it again without chill and it still makes a huge noice while Enhanced Sync is ON per game. ETS2, Star Citizen, Hell let loose. I have no clue whats going on.

19. Thadeus

Thadeus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT Hellfire
    I've used this settings from ancient gameplays. Don't know whats crasy about it to be honest. Could you elaborate the crazy part please.

20. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    FRTC is on and isn't working, correct? If it is off, you're being a bit silly... :cool: