GeForce RTX 4090 is listing at Newegg for 1,599 up to $1,999.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    We shouldn't just accept it though... everyone else than 'muricans being second class citizens...

2. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    How are we second class citizens, exactly? There's a very easy way of not accepting "it" - stop buying "it". Nothing sends a louder message - and the only message that is understood - than consumer boycotts, or just simply falling sales.

386SX, chispy, Embra and 4 others like this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, here too. Sad part is, you can get around that by being a business sending it, and marking it "free sample", because the tax from 0€/$ is still zero. Only with private people they have a way of handling that.

You are, of course, right. Only that I personally haven't seen the "free market" and the "buyer's power" in action, ever. Since that would mean that the majority of people would have to not buy, and that the minority, who still do, don't pay higher prices. Unless both of those come together it's just "one or the other".

4. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    The 3090 didn't sell out instantly so I don't expect the 4090 to. It's just too expensive to make sense for a lot of people with the 4080 following at some point.

The 4080 however, that may well sell out.

5. ThermaL1102

ThermaL1102 Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 OC
    i stopped buying Anything after 8700k and 2080ti
    what am i going to do with More frames ? even at 4k this setup holds up pretty well , as for a few games that i don't play anyway
    i used to go for 3 years before swapping out motherboard , processor , gpu and memory ,
    but with windows 11 giving this 2080ti second life @ 4k , that DX12 in windows 11 really gave it some more room to play with
    and a few extra years for the money i paid for it , which wasn't That high , i picked the cheapest at the release date , ventus oc 2080ti
    which Was the cheapest , but when they tested all cards , it sure was the best and fastest in every test , which was weird really
    but yeah , why would i want 20-40 fps more , in a game that runs at 144-240+ already @ 1440p and 70-100fps @ 4k ,
    there's just no Use to it ...
    bring on the games , i'm good for now

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Depending on which province your relatives live in, Canada wouldn't be that much cheaper. I live in one of 4 US states with no sales tax, and I see Canadians come here all the time just to buy stuff. They also come here for the beaches and own second businesses here lol, and I warmly welcome them because they've actually done quite a lot to improve the quality of life.

That's rough. Maybe just take a vacation and bring the hardware in your luggage. Open up the hardware before you depart so they have no way to prove that you didn't already own it.
    It's not the US's fault for your country's taxes. Also, China gets first dibs.

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah the whole issue's not easily taken care of, unless I fly over there and buy a card myself. Most of them live in Quebec (highest tax), two of them in Ontario (literally at the US border though in Windsor, across the water from Detroit).
    Import tax is a PITA, that's all I'm saying.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wow im expecting even the 4080 12gb to be like 1,100€ atleast. Its really a downer most of us just wont be able to afford even the cheapest card. And if you consider its only 4070 i dont even want to.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Haha yup - and I see the license plates of those 2 provinces the most. Surprisingly, I very rarely see anyone from New Brunswick even though it's not much farther than Ontario but I guess their tax rates must be tolerable. The western half of Canada benefits from Montana and Oregon being relatively close by, though, they'd still probably have to fly over to make any worthwhile purchases.
    If you ever find yourself visiting your relatives in Quebec, make a day trip to New Hampshire - we can meet up, build you a new PC, and grab a beer (we make good beer in New England).

fantaskarsef and Airbud like this.
  10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well with the western provinces, afaik, except B.C. they already have low taxes. A couple of years ago a cousin of mine used to live in Alberta, which has no state tax, only 7% federal tax...
    Well N.B., N.S., P.E.I. there's not a lot of people there, I guess they're fine sticking to where they are :D

Thanks for the invitation, might as well do that :D
    Been to New Hampshire once, although only driving through to Boston / Cape Cod, some 25 years :D

Airbud and schmidtbag like this.

11. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    What you fail to see is that the 4080 12gb card at $899 beats out the 3090ti which is currently hovering around $1200 and higher. Where is the outrage there? Geez everyone take a deep breath, take a sip of beer and look at it with your brain not your "feelings"
    It is actually:
    4080 12GB vs 3090ti -$600 from original msrp.
    4080 16GB in a new class by itself 1.5x power of a 3090Ti $1199 still cheaper than a 3090ti.
    4090 in a new class by itself 2x power of a 3090ti at only $100 more than the 3090ti msrp of $1499. Two 3090ti cards would have cost you over $3000.
    So, all you chickens with no heads on screaming the sky is falling and Nvidia is ripping you off need to take a step back. Nvidia has no control over the idiots/companies that hike up the prices from the msrp.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No to that price, blame the people that actual do pay those prices to make it worth it to the companies to keep doing, They all easily make price so only that 10% can or will buy it and still make there profits fist over fist cause at that point they manufactur a whole lot less and just sell for whole lot more.

as prices stand now my pc will die before i bother to rebuild any part of it, consoles gaming make way more sense now

13. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    LMAO that corporate bootlicking. "What you fail to see is RTX4080 is 20x faster than GTX280 so it should actually cost 10000 USD. Nvidia is doing charity and only selling it for measly 1200 USD. Good guy Nvidia, he is my best friend."

mohiuddin likes this.
  14. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Hey schmidtbag!....You do know I like beer too!

[​IMG]

:D

fantaskarsef and schmidtbag like this.
  15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    lol well hey, now's a good time if you want to - might be a good change of scenery for you. The leaves are just starting to turn red in my area, unless you prefer to wait a few more months for an extra snowy winter. I could use another set of hands/paws to clear the 1ft of snow I get over my driveway every other week;). I can't complain too much - the neighbors west, east, and north get it worse.

Airbud likes this.

16. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    It's 14% sales tax here in BC with GST and PST. And a small environmental tax also. Too many idiots voted against the HST which would have knocked off a couple of percentage points.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Where is my brain washed-naive-fan gang claiming "4070 will be 750 the highest for 3090 performance".

Man, naiveness (aka stupidity) is just the real black plagues of this last 2 decades, people more than willing to bend over and over and over for the same bunch of exploitative scum corporatives thinking "this time will be different" and paying dumb prices.

Yeah for sure RTX 5000 WILL be "different" and we are gonna see a price drop... totally, like all the other times we've seen such things to happen.

Having this hobby just went from looking to high - end for long time proof gaming, to scrap in the bottom of the barrel to see if someone discards hardware so you can use it for 10 years and hope to last that time, not even high end, just w/e you can afford.

So tired of this stuff, cannot wait for the freaking earth to come with mega natural disasters and wipe us all (extra points if rich scum first, but i doubt it)

tsunami231 likes this.
  18. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    Hey, take a deep breath and calm down Buddy...

I see a 4060ti incoming for $500 with the same performance as a 3090

19. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    got my 4090 pre-ordered

hope the card is good lol

trying to get a suprim liquid though

Krizby likes this.
  20. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    AMD has a really great opportunity here to practically take over the GPU market if they are smart. Are they going to play it smart and try to hold their GPU pricing down to ~RDNA2 levels, or will they blow it by pricing RDNA3 so as to sell only a few of them? The only precedent I have is that they've held Zen4 intro pricing to Zen3 intro pricing levels, so I hope this is possible for them. We'll see soon... I recently paid $1k for a 6900XT...the most I've ever spent on a 3d card. I love the card, but even so I'm not anxious to repeat that any time soon. RDNA3 sounds really exciting...I hope it is priced right and that yields are good!