Meet the entire ASUS X670 Mainboard series including prices

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    That Jerry Seinfeld gif. Utterly ridiculous.

Why_Me likes this.
  3. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Christ those prices I paid like ~300 euro for the X570 Gaming E at launch in Australia.

Why_Me and Kaarme like this.
  4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Damn. The equivalent of my mobo, TUF Gaming Plus, sets you back more than 160 euros extra, which is a lot considering the price of the thing. In fact it's a modest 70% price increase! That's insane.

Why_Me, bballfreak6 and tunejunky like this.

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    330 euros for the cheapest MB!?

Can someone explain me why MBs are expensive like this?...

Maddness and tunejunky like this.
  6. pattakosn

pattakosn Member

GPU:
    RX 570 4Gb
    i know i am not the first one to bring it up, but WTF are those prices? one needs like 1500e for mobo+7700X+ RAM?!?!?!?

mohiuddin likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Greed? :D

8. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Several reasons. Greed primarily - but also rising production costs due to the current economic situation that are being passed onto the end consumer, because of go back to the beginning of this sentence.

9. Darksword

Darksword Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 980 Ti
    $500.00 used to relegated to high-end boards. Now it's mainstream level. :confused:

Since one one even needs PCIE-5.0 at the moment, I see discounted AM4 boards being very popular.

mohiuddin, tunejunky and fantaskarsef like this.
  10. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 290 / 4GB
    Forgetting financial issues around the world, modern motherboards are using more layers than before.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    And has the median salary increased by that amount? Of course not :D Crazy times indeed.

Solfaur likes this.
  12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Seems to me like "middle class" pretty much goes extinct once again and it's just rich and poor. Clearly, PC building is becoming an exclusive thing for the very rich. I'm happy though, that I could live in times where best bang for buck and good price/performance ratios were not just empty words.

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I can understand MBs being more expensive due to the raising prices of components but that doesn`t tell the whole story.

For example, i`ve bought my 7600k a month after relase, in 2017, with a Z270 ROG Strix Gaming F that cost me 190€.

Now, five years late, the "equivalent" board, ROG Strix E Gaming F, costs 530€!!! If we talk about Intel, then the ROG Strix Gaming F costs 575€!!! Basically 3 times more over the period of 5 years!!!

How is this justifiable?!...

14. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Manufacturers feel like they can get away with it. A lot of people will justify the greed one way or another.

Potentially; MSI specifically avoided committing to it:

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/m...ild-quality-has-significantly-improved,4.html

tunejunky likes this.
  15. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    just wow... and not in a good way.

as one of the resident gurus who's in manufacturing, some people think i'm an apologist for explaining manufacturer costs.
    but at first blush - yikes! there is no (valid and rational) excuse for these prices as they are beyond the costs of thicker PCBs and beefier VRMs.

i thought Asus would cut a break on X670 (vanilla) - boy was i wrong.

it's looking very strongly that Asrock is just about the only board partner to offer reasonable prices for both X670E and X670.

i'm intensely curious to the pricing of the B and B/E mobos.
    the vast majority of we geeks do not need the X series this go-round
    . (i'll still buy one- most likely the Asrock).

Maddness and barbacot like this.
  16. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    It is a great time for opportunism and everyone is cashing in! Recently did windows replacement on my home, got estimates ranging from 3.5k to 6.5k euros for same brand of windows, same glass, everything. That isnt a stable market and it spans in all directions.

17. m40turbo

m40turbo Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI FTW3
    Wow 9 out of 13 boards don't have 7 Segment Displays. Seems it's only a high end feature now :rolleyes: So over 600€ to get one..

18. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    VRM's are expensive and add a lot to the cost - I see a trend here.
    On the other hand why do we need such strong VRM on most motherboards that are clearly over engineered from this point of view?
    A lot of us runs them at default or with PBO/Turboboost and that's it. If you're not in LNC than why those VRM?
    If you look at websites for these motherboard the first thing they specify in the motherboard description is the number of power phases...
    Why? Is the normal user so interested in OC?
    The REALITY today is a trend for undervolting with rises costs of energy and inflation that eats our hard earned money so why?
    They have warehouses full of these components and decided to throw them there and use this as a pretext to increase prices?
    I think the IT hardware industry lives in another reality than the average user and they are in for a hard crash landing if they don't come to a a better understanding of today realities soon and then all of us will suffer.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    tunejunky, H83 and Maddness like this.
  19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    all those oversized VRMs. I fear MB OEMs don't wanna repeat the issues of the previous zen generation MB upgrades..

20. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme
    That's $2099 Gouglandastani Plunkettes (NZ Dollars) here, 2100 efing bucks WTF

Maddness likes this.
  21. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    PB Tech and Computer Lounge can jam that where the sun don't shine. I was wanting an upgrade, but not at these prices. Also I see they have raised the x570 motherboard and CPU's to what they were a few months back. It's criminal imo.

Athlonite and Why_Me like this.
  22. WeRoRa

WeRoRa Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8gb
    Sure make me lose more interest in current gen. Whelp guess i´ll just upgrade to a 5800x3D.