MSI Official Pricing for its X670 and X670E Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. NGGJimmy

NGGJimmy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX570Pulse
    I can only hope for b650 tomahawk for 170-200$. But a Mobo costing the same as 4090 is just nuts.

3. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    Thanks but No thanks 1600 for a MB LMAO

k37chup likes this.
  4. LEEc337

LEEc337 Member Guru

GPU:
    Team Green 960
    Used 450 and 550 x70 boards didn't offer enough won't be buyin a mobo that cost as much as my whole rig did

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    20% premium for EU, when a lot of the countries earn less than the US on average.
    That's just plain wrong for those countries and tbh, I find it offensive.

6. anthos

anthos Guest

GPU:
    -
    The US also has sales tax (well, almost all of the states that is), but because it differs from each state it's not automatically added on the display price. Granted it's not 20% but it's still there.

pegasus1 likes this.
  7. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I see some heavy discounting from the online stores with either DDR5 or 7*** series CPUs or 670 series MOBO's with one being a loss leader.
    At the moment you can get a 5800x3d AND top end 570x AND 32gb 3200 RAM for only slightly more than a single 7950x

8. Darksword

Darksword Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 980 Ti
    The "Carbon" models used to be mid-range boards, now they cost $500.00. Ridiculous. :mad:

9. sfdmark

sfdmark Active Member

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080ti OC
    U.S. states have different vat taxes as European countries have different Vat taxes . Thing is that Europe as Eec has imposed 20% tax on those hi tech products Before V.A.T. of each individual member country. Therefore we see sky rocket high prices compared to US or Asia.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    400 euros for the entry model...

I paid half for my current board, a Z270 ROG Strix...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.

11. anthos

anthos Guest

GPU:
    -
    Would you be kind enough to point me towards the law that mentions this?

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Taxes aside, on which I believe you are right, there's countries in Europe, and the EU, and a few fellow gurus here from those countries, where the average Joe doesn't even have a monthly salary big enough to buy one of the mainboards from the OP. Or at least not those from the top tiers.
    That's what I was specifically referring to. Luckily I'm off well too, but I know that charging 1600€ is utterly unaffordable for many people, and that simply sucks. And it's not 70% taxes...

It seems like manufacturers are doing what Nvidia does with 40 gen pricing: halo gets a premium charge that's no longer linear but exponential, above what the average or low tier product costs.

13. sfdmark

sfdmark Active Member

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080ti OC
    https://taxation-customs.ec.europa.eu/buying-goods-online-coming-non-european-union-country_en

That's not exactly what I was looking for, but clearly saying that there are customs & tarrifs for imported goods which is not the case for the same products in U.S. V.A.T. is added after those customs.
    Thus, if the msrp of AMD ryzen 9 7950x is 699$ citizens in US are buying those at about that price. In Europe we will get them at about 900€.
    As far as I know both V.A.T and customs in U.S. (I think there are no customs for American goods produced in countries abroad U.S.) are about half of those in EEC.
    Also consider that individual countries in EEC can have extra taxes on goods. A good example that I am aware of is cars, in my country there are customs for cars produced in EEC although my country is member of EEC.

14. anthos

anthos Guest

GPU:
    -
    Going from a 20% tax on high tech goods in EEC to import duties is a really.. reaally big leap. Import taxes exist in every country on the planet for nearly any product that exists. Now whether the americans get exemptions for things they produce overseas I don't know and also it's irrelevant. So far you ve failed to produce any facts on how the EU is disadvantaged in pricing compared to the rest of the world.

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well, very few need the super high end MBs that cost more than 1.000€.

The problem is the entry/mid level boards that are becoming too expensive for the average user/gamer.

16. sfdmark

sfdmark Active Member

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080ti OC
    OK we are out of topic. Fact is U.S. citizens and some other are getting things at msrp prices which I agree are getting out of control and we here in Europe purchasing the same stuff with at least 20% increase. If you defend the EEC for the taxation policies on those things that's fine by me. Doesn't look like you understand basic economic concepts of how customs are affecting the price of the product and how EEC citizens are paying more to get the same goods, and that's not irrelevant. That's a fact and major disadvantage in high tech products for us in Europe compared to U.S. . You fail to see that from that pov, its ok but you can't convince anyone.

17. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    So, AMD is the new intel?

18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't confuse custom duties with VAT. VAT is set by each country, and each country decides the amount (it can be theoretically even removed). Custom duties are more related to what enters in the european common market area from the outside. Also each country can make deals with non-EU countries to set specific custom duties taxes (or even remove them). To be honest VAT is the symbol of what is wrong with EU economy and it's the most unfair flat tax ever invented instead of taxing companies on incomes and having it all a unique way to do it.. oh wait that would be removing finally each economic paradies inside the EU, that's never gonna happen xD cough cough luxemburg and netherlands :V

19. sfdmark

sfdmark Active Member

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080ti OC
    @Alessio1989
    You are right about VAT, although the average if the EEC countries is about 20%. But yeah in general each country can decide what taxations can impose. As far as customs I think you r mistaken: you can't have exceptions to customs duties cause then it will fail the whole system within the EU. I mean, imagine my country has a special deal with US to get AMD chips without customs, then I would be able to sell those cheap in countries within EEC and you can benefit from avoiding your country's customs. There has to be some common policy on such matters and I am pretty sure there is in EEC.

And below are the special prices we are getting in EEC for the new ryzen processors:
    Screenshot 2022-09-27 185809.png

Things are slightly better than expected for M/B from Gigabyte:
    Screenshot 2022-09-27 191128.png

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anything that it is still not regulated by EU can be regulated by single countries.