Radeon RX 7000 officially to be announced in November

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 20, 2022.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm glad i'm passed the phase in my life of needing the best of the best hardware every single year.

Can happily sit on a CPU/GPU for 6-8 years.

It's also a waste of sand.

Solfaur, Valken, bballfreak6 and 7 others like this.
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Well, I guess I meant if I myself am underwhelmed, not necessarily the market as a whole. Otherwise yeah in most cases you'd be right. However, the planets have kind of aligned lately. The mining market isn't doing so great, which not only sees a sharp decrease in purchases, but the used market is being flooded. There is an abundance of chips produced that were anticipated to go to miners. And, if Intel can hurry up, they can further help drive prices down by being another competitor for the RTX 3000 series and RX 6000 series.

So basically, my hope is the next-gen hardware will be enticing enough to convince people to upgrade but not so enticing that current gen is "figurative trash". I know, wishful thinking, especially with Nvidia's announced prices.

Kaarme likes this.
  3. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    The only bad thing about AMD GPU's is that they are never first out the door before Nvidia.

4. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    In other words, life just happened..... same here mate.

5. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I also have a 1070 ready to replace with 3080 money I set aside two years ago. I live in Texas and have had higher heat build like SLI etc and I really need to stay under 250 watts, or I will sweat my b**s off.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I remember when hd 5000 series ware first out of the door with dx11 support. Ati was killing it back in the day.

Amd really need to push now more than ever. Nvidia is getting delusional.

AlmondMan, Agonist, Maddness and 2 others like this.
  7. hwanzi

hwanzi Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    okay, but will amd finally address something to compete with nvidia reflex? (anti-lag is not it, nvidia has NULL which is the same thing)

8. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I also remember the AMD GPU's back then.Here is one of my post from 2009 on 3dGuru forums rocking some 5970+5850 Trifire also had 5870 cards doing crosfire/trifire/quadfire.

Damm 13 years since AMD GPU first crazy
    Just seen a rumor of AMD GPU RDNA 3 Hits 4GHZ,anything is possible.Will it be faster than 4 times the RTX 3090Ti in Raytracing,like showing actual FPS on RTX 4080/4090 with DLSS off at 22FPS and then DLSS 3.0 puts it to 100FPS which can actually be done now.I like how Nvidia always tries to trick people 4 times RTX will be what people will be quoting for a bit LOL.

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    AMD, save us all from Nvidia`s crazy prices!!!

10. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    If AMD provided something that can provide decent 4k performance on Ray Traced games for 700€, I'd consider jumping on the 4K/RT wagon. But with nVidia asking for the price of a used car for a GPU, I doubt AMD will ask something less than new motorcycle money. Oh well, maybe next year, if civilization still exists.

11. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    The big greedy corporation will not save us from anything...

The market will, however.
    I sincerely doubt many people are willing to pay such exorbitant prices for what's basically a fancy toy, in a world where food, fuel, electricity, everything is suddenly more expensive while salaries are going backwards.

Then there's the 2nd hand market invaded by all previous generations coming out of mining rigs.

With record-low sales of new products, both nv and amd will be forced to slash prices or just watch as inventories pile up and almost nobody buys them.

Solfaur, Kaarme, Picolete and 2 others like this.
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Looks like AMD really has a shot at competing with nVidia on the price level.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Problem is the nvidia fanboys are more delusional. Im not talking about the people who just prefer to use a Nvidia gpu.
    Like me, not an AMD fanboy, I just prefer AMD gpus.

For me the only thing Nvidia truly has that AMD doesnt for me, 32:9 DSR/VSR for 1080p panels.

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'll be leaving for Canada for a 3 month stay, so I won't be among those getting getting the card within days of launch. As I'll be stuck in Canada, I'd have no choice but to go through reviews and benchmark scores, and thus make an informed decision based on price and performance. Please understand that this isn't by choice, I'm the type who rushes in pell mell when it comes to GPU purchases, but due to my trip, I'm forced to be more rational.

15. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    That’s a sign of maturity mate, I’m in the same boat.

AlmondMan likes this.

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    that would be perfect timing to steal the 500-800 segment from nvidia.ad103,which is a sub-400mm2 die, going for 1400eur in europe is just beyond ridiculous. should have been 700eur tops
    imo if there's a n31,even a cut down one,below 1000eur,nvidia is caught pants down with rtx4080 at the prices they announced. their cut down ad103 (one tier down, half of 4090 fp32) is still 1100eur. I hope no one buys it. I mean,3090ti sells for under 1300eur new, same or better performance, twice the vram, only big difference is no dlss 3,but it's frame interpolation and we're yet to see how it actually looks. the technology looks fantastic on both engineering and software level, but pricing needs a real reality check. I hope rdna3 will leave JHH embarassed in terms of value.
    just for you to see how stupid it is here in central europe

5300pln for 12g 4080
    https://www.nvidia.com/pl-pl/geforce/graphics-cards/40-series/rtx-4080/

5000 for 3090
    https://www.ceneo.pl/Karty_graficzne;szukaj-3090;0112-0.htm

lol,you foam any time someone merely says they have a problem with an amd system. certainly not a sign of being a fanboy nutjob.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  17. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I think 250$ is off the table for anything. Maybe the rx6400?
    Also gaming at 2k at how many fps? that is the point

AlmondMan likes this.
  18. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Same here mate, does help too that my 2070S still holds its own at 1440P gaming haha.

There are also other things in life that I can waste my money on lol.

19. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    You have to excuse my ignorance of European policy and tax structure. Why are the gpu's so more expensive than in U.S.A.? The prices here are going to be $1599 for the 4090, and $899 for the 4080 12gb, which by the way is really the 4070, before state applied tax which can be between 0 and 10 percent.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  20. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    value added tax