Which American Pizza Giant is the very Best? (Pizza Hunt, Dominos, Papa John's, Little Caesars)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BlindBison, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Here in Finland the frozen pizza can actually be amazing. Not all tho for sure.

Out of those restaurants we have pizza hut they still use dough balls here it's good if there is a buffet else it's disgustingly expensive 29€ for big pan pepperoni pizza and the normal is like 8 inch pizza.

We have else really good napoletan pizza places Luca's, Via tribunali and others then the usual European Turkish Kurd pizza places that are cheaper.

And our own brand Kotipizza whom make decent stuff with pricing a bit higher.

At times it feels like we are a pizza nation.

But best pizza we make at home with ooni koda 12 oven with dough made by me from Italian flour raising it properly for few days and then San marzano for tomato sauce with basil and garlic + salt and Cretan olive oil. Fior di latte cheese. Some spianata calabrese, n'duja and Finnish pepperoni is my fav.

Wife will take hot greek peppers, artichokes from Italy, spianata calabrese and mushrooms with some n'duja.

2. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I'll come to your house and kiss you :)

Our daughter arrived from Melbourne (Australia) first time we've seen her since covid arrived

so I made pizza :)

305886648_392705143013857_8505327213471095710_n.jpg

Maddness, Airbud, 386SX and 4 others like this.
  3. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    That sounds wonderfully good Ryu!

TheDigitalJedi, Airbud and Ryu5uzaku like this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    One all dressed please :D

5. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Lol!! Much love back Bill. :) I'm so happy for you brother. A family reunion with an awesome homemade pizza by @big ROBOT bill himself. That's a great way to spend a weekend.

Congrats Guru.

Airbud, 386SX and big ROBOT bill like this.
  6. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Lol!

Airbud and big ROBOT bill like this.
  7. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    In my area in Germany there is almost no big pizza company, just one Pizza Hut and one Dominos. Pizza Hut pizzas are tasty but very expensive compared to others. At some Italian restaurant I pay about 10 to 15 Euros for a pizza with 40cm (family size), Pizza Hut just offers 33cm max. for almost double (20 to 30 Euros).
    I haven't tried Dominos yet, or better said: I did order and it showed pizza is on delivery, then they canceled the order and told me I am outside of the area they deliver to. Since then I haven't tried anymore.

Best pizza is homemade. My wifes knows a recipe for a delicious dough and our kids love to create their own pizzas and put stuff on them. I would always and immediately turn down any pizza for the ones my wife makes.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm from the UK and we don't have all of those options here, that said I don't rate any of the franchises/chain stores. I find them to be grossly over priced for the quality, I'd much rather support small local businesses if I order in. You generally get much better food for a substantially lower price, there's a place down the road from me that will make up a 14" pizza for £10, they regularly do 20% off deals when there's a holiday or event too.

Airbud likes this.
  9. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Compared to our local pizza places (especially Salamone's because the owner is an NYC transplant and it's New York style pizza), the chains are crap. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. Our locally owned pizza places are way better in terms of quality. But given the choices, I'd say Dominos is the best.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    Airbud likes this.
  10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    My only experience with american Pizza is the Domino pizza next to the Berkeley University, and it was average at best.
    Had a better experience with Pizza Hut back in France, but the best pizzas clearly are not from those large companies but the smaller scale pizzerias.

Airbud likes this.

11. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I grew up in Detroit and there was this smaller chain called Dino's ... Dino's Pizza and that was good stuff I still remember how good it was.

XenthorX likes this.