Queen Elizabeth II has died

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Horus-Anhur, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I have a perfectly working Roku TV so why stop watching TV? Dude, you're not making any sense.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  2. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Then why complain what's on TV if you have a perfectly working Roku? If what bothers you is on TV, then don't watch TV. No one is forcing you to be a couch potato.

Darkest, fr33k, Solfaur and 3 others like this.
  3. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I never said everything bothers me on TV. Are you okay?

4. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    Guess again. I vehemently disagree with the entire concept of a monarchy, I find it deeply immoral.

The extreme wealth of her and her extended family was gained through slavery, as it was for all European royal families at that time. Now that she has died her wealth will pass to her son Charles, but he will not pay a single penny of the 40% inheritance tax that is usually owed by anyone in the UK with similar wealth to pass on. Apparently the royal family are totally exempt from inheritance tax. Totally unjustifiable.

Many claim that the royal family is a net benefit for the UK taxpayer. Their argument hinges on the idea that the royal family bring in significant tourism. I would contend that most of those tourists would still come here to see the buildings, learn about the history and experience the culture even if the royal family didn't exist and therefore they are a not a net benefit.

I find it disgusting that British citizens in full time employment are struggling to pay for basic needs like housing, heating and food meanwhile we are spending millions on an unelected family so they can live in luxury.

Also, recent news confirms that people peacefully protesting against the monarchy along the route where the queen's coffin was taken from Balmoral to Edinburgh have been arrested. Yes, arrested for protesting peacefully. This is particularly worrying.

Valken, cucaulay malkin and Hypernaut like this.

5. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Pay attention to what you say and what others are saying instead of manipulating the conversation in a lame attempt to save face which in this case is completely unnecessary. We're providing you solutions to your problems.

Can you not, for once, be humble and say something like "Fair enough, I understand, I do use a Roku to control what I watch on TV but I am tired of hearing so much about such an issue" instead of being such a drama queen. The Queen has passed away, we don't need another queen.

Darkest and Solfaur like this.
  6. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

Save face? Wut? Bro, I told you, not everything on TV bothers me so why stop watching TV entirely? And I don't care about the royal British family so much that I rage on the internet about it. It's that simple BRO. See, we're bro's now. Come on, bro. You're my bro and I made you that way.

7. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    He's going to reach through the internet and turn my TV off. OH BOY!

8. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Charles is a WEF stooge. Get ready to eatz ze bugs, that's if you survive what's coming and what's been done to you already. Nothing to see here

9. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    It's not just about watching tv, considering that there a billboards with her picture on it in my home town. My place of work has updates about the queen, co-workers talking about her, all over social media heck I've closed down my FB account again because of this, all over youtube or places I use regularly. I'm doing my absolute best to shelter from this.

It's everywhere.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Are you guys for real? If you have nothing worth saying then don't say it, or better yet if you really feel you need to say it go start a new thread specifically about. End of the day this was still a person, someone's mother, grandmother, great grandmother and you're in here arguing like three year olds.

Grow up and show a modicum of respect, and if you can't pull yourself together to show even that much then don't bother saying anything at all.

Solfaur and Mufflore like this.
  12. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    All of a sudden this thread became like Resetera's. Just full of hate.
    Maybe it's best to just close it, if people can't show even the bare modicum of respect.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I agree, I find British monarchy deeply immoral.

rflair, Ormy and Valken like this.
  14. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I'm making perfect sense. It's just like the elections in the US for me. Every single news stations was vomiting TRUMP THIS AND TRUMP THAT all over. Did I cringe and whine about it publicly? No, I simply stopped watching those channels and watched movies/shows I enjoy and read up on other news sources which weren't only focused on something that I have 0 interest in. Simple.

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    It's going on longer than I thought... tenor.gif

16. Ormy

Ormy Active Member

GPU:
    3080Ti 12GB
    So anyone who has an opinion different to yours should just shut up? Any opinion that is different from yours should be censored? Seriously? You sound like Xi Jinping silencing dissent, both of you.

If you expect to silence people who disagree with you then go live in a country where they allow that like Russia or China. In the western world we value freedom of expression and freedom to peacefully voice our opinions, if you don't hold those values you're in the wrong place. You do not get to silence someone just because you find their opinion 'disrespectful'.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    A person has died. It's a matter of showing some respect, not a matter of censorship.
    Anyone would understand something as simple as this.

Solfaur and Truder like this.
  18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    This, so much this.

This thread isn't about discussing the value of the monarchy, whether or not they should exist in the modern age. That is a topic for another discussion.

Be respectful please people - we do indeed live in a society where we can discuss things freely and openly but there are places in which we can do that but in this thread as Horus says, we're showing respect for a person who has passed away whom of which was indeed a well liked figure or presented controversy in todays modern society.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I Think the issue is that some people are so self centered in their political agenda, they will not understand or accept there is a time and place for that.
    But that time and place is not now.

20. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I just wonder will the same people show the same respect when Putin, Xi Jinping and Kim Jong Un passes, assuming they live longer than said people... Just saying...