Raptor Lake Launch Presentation Slides Leak - Showing Everything you want to know

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy likes this.
  2. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Looking good. Awaiting for final reviews, interested to see how 13700K compares against my 12700K.

3. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    not being an Intel user I dont really see the increased performance other than a higher clock, I would be curious though if the higher boost is available at standard power profiles and I dont understand why it says two boost figures (5.8 and 5.7) but when looking at the individual limits it shows a lesser figure am assuming one is max and only for a few seconds whilst the other (5.4 and 4.3) is what they claim is sustainable under standard power envelopes?
    Am assuming it was a similar story for the 12900 series which showed a max of 253w at maximum performance, am not clear then why we see 300+W on some 12900s and leaks(with salt) have shown the 13th Gen at much higher values?
    Is it just me or are we going backwards towards the Days of throwing power at the CPU to make it do what its supposed to do?

4. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    Yes, lately it is the modus operadins in both CPU and GPU space, you get more performance but power consumption is increasing between generations. Until there is a time that is not possible anymore and another solutions must be put in place. But I'm curious with this new Intels against AMD Zen 5, perfromance leap still going up.

5. Minjin13

Minjin13 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    The specifications of Intel's upcoming Raptor Lake CPU lineup look quite impressive. The new Z790 chipset is quite intriguing, however AMD's 7000 series CPU's present a more compelling case, especially with socket and chipset duration targeted to 2025+.

6. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    If you are a gamer, don't look too much on cores and power usage in "Cinebench"

Memory performance IS very important in cpu bound games. We are talking about 40%++ more performance from 4800xmp to tweaked and fast ddr5.

No I'm not talking about GPU bound scenarioes like 4k Ultra settings in God Of War :p

Hynix ddr5 is cheap now, and it's in stock for about 100$ per 16GB dimm. So 32GB for around 200$ that can run 6800mhz +++ :)

chispy likes this.
  7. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Tbh I have a 5900x which on stock settings runs at 5050 on 4 cores and 4,9 and 4.8 on the others which with 3600 DDR4 16 ram is plenty fast enough with a 3090 all liquid cooled I could push it more but at what cost/gain I did use the optimiser but it just locked it at a all core boost, I will never again buy an Intel since a failed warranty claim for my first core2duo ( i hold grudges!) am just curious to understand how Intel and AMD actually differ in the way they perform day to day, it seems Intel encourages users to step outside the standard envelope to be the quickest at your own risk (core2duo failure reason according to intel) but wont back it up with a warranty whereas AMD are happy for you to stick your CPU in a mobo and it then offers the max performance the CPU will provide as long as you dont mess with the built in PBO setup or am I reading it wrong?

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Raptor Lake cpu is looking very strong but Z790 chipset is lacking in new features :/ . I will upgrade one last time for my PC gaming needs to the 13900k as i'm still using my old Ryzen 5800x and ddr4 on a mid-range ASRock B550 Steel Legend Micro , no complains as the mobo and cpu it runs solid as a rock at 4800Mhz all core OC and ram/if 3900Mhz Cas14 , but i feel sometimes my lows and all time lows fps are down to the cpu not been able to supply data fast enough to my rtx 3090 on some games , hence why i want to upgrade to raptor lake cpu / ddr5 platform.

I still have an un-used / never opened / still in plastic wrap , gift from Nick Shih and ASRock with my name embeeded on it and signed by my friend Nick Shih ( ASRock engineer / Overclocker legend ) , a brand new ASRock Intel Z690 Aqua OC 2 dimm fully water blocked board to use and 2x16gb Kingston hynix ddr5-6400Mhz kit supply to me for free as i used to test ES samples of that mobo ( Z690 Aqua ) for ASRock and Nick Shih :). I have retired from LN2 / Extreme Overclocking hence what nice gifts from ASRock as apreciation for my hard testing of the ES sample boards.

After i update to 13900k + ASRock Z690 aqua OC + DDR5 as my last PC Built with my recicled rtx 3090 i will retired from PC gaming completely once it dies or it does not run games anymore :D , i will run this platform to the ground for years to come , then i will gladly buy my an XBOX and PS for my gaming needs and no more PC gaming for me as by that time those little xbox and ps boxes should be able to play triple A new games at 4k 60hz with no problems whatsoever. Bring the Raptor Lake ! I'm ready for it ...

nizzen likes this.
  9. Typhon Six Six Six

Typhon Six Six Six Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX
    250watt must be over 300watts under full load. Doesn't really bother me tbh if I'm playing on that chip with e cores disabled and HT off. I can see after a de-lid upgraded frame 6ghz. Maybe...

10. Typhon Six Six Six

Typhon Six Six Six Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX
    About your lows on FPS. Unless u OC or water-cool or both keeping lows down your going to need that 3600 cl14 memory you have. I would not change that. Get a 5800X3D or get the 7000 series. But the 5800X has high latency compared to intel's. On my 9900kf I get 29+ns, on 11900kf I get 39-40+ns. I have seen some Ryzen systems at 48-70+ns. It's too bad good cooling coast so much and unfortunate having to run power hungry intel CPU to keep high FPS game stutter to 0 or very unnoticeable.