NVIDIA Posts Teaser on Twitter - RTX 40 Teasing?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 8, 2022.

1. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    lol looks at this hero , pretending to care about the planet lol.

2. Fervant_Beast

Fervant_Beast Member

GPU:
    I LOL at people buying this russian bullshit.
    You all fell for the covid bullshit, now youre falling for this. Your ego is preventing you from thinking you're wrong. But you are 100% wrong.
    All this crap is to depopulate the planet and bring about digital currency/digital id/social credit score/universal basic income. All designed to track and manipulate your actions forever.

bobnewels and ~AngusHades~ like this.
  3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    This thread should be locked, it become total shitposting in few seconds thanks to a flaming start

fantaskarsef, Kaarme and Denial like this.
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I'm from the US so I'm not tapped into the EU news cycle -- so yeah looking at it, it seems like EU is cutting energy now so they have reserves for winter, which makes @~AngusHades~ post even dumber than I thought

Regardless, people do cut back on energy for ecological reasons - it's weird to me that you're saying they don't. I changed all the lightbulbs in my house to LEDs for example, because they use less power.. they also save me money in the long run, but the upfront cost won't be covered until years from now. Or for example I switched to tote bags from plastic long before the NJ plastic bag ban -- not because it's cheaper but because I don't want bags going into the ocean.

I disagree about corporations. Yes everyone is to blame as we are all consumers but corporations have historically blocked/rejected and lobbied against environmental regulations and standards. Yes you could convince everyone in the world to do X, Y and Z to reduce energy and incentivize it with money.. but you're only going to convince a small subset of people to change.. where as convincing a company to make chances, or enforce regulations, can effect millions significantly faster. Take meat for example - you could try to convince everyone in the world to eat less meat but in reality most people won't do that ( i know i won't).. but if you tell industrial farmers "hey you need to start feeding your cows this special seaweed that reduces CO2/Methane from your farms significantly" you don't have to convince the populus of anything.. the farmers just make the change and a significant reduction in greenhouse gasses are eliminated with little to no fuss.
    It's my fault but I think it's a larger issue of moderation. The problem I keep seeing on this forum is the first person gets to post their political 2c on a post and as long as everyone agrees that political position is allowed to stay with no pushback -- but as soon as you push back against that position the thread gets locked, posts get deleted, etc.

I think posts that have political flamingbaits should just get deleted/modded regardless to whether there's pushback in the thread or not.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    yasamoka likes this.

5. ttnuagmada

ttnuagmada Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    You're all idiots. None of you knows anything about anything beyond what flavor of propaganda you consume. You're all just serving someone elses interests.

Fervant_Beast and bobnewels like this.
  6. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Oh look , now your calling for the policing of the forums … It never ends with you.

bobnewels likes this.
  7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Anyway on topic: I'm kind of hoping we see more value-add for Tensor/RTX that trickles down to 3xxx and 2xxx series users. One of the big things Nvidia talked about was that these technologies were futureproofing the cards. It would be nice to get additional value for having the hardware. The Instant NeRF tech they showed off at siggraph is super cool but it's more for developers - want to see consumer oriented tech utilizing the hardware.

Also how come there's a lack of companies utilizing mesh shaders? Going to be 3 generations deep with them but haven't heard much about it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    That would certainly help sell their backlog of 3xxx series cards I believe.

9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I was hoping that games would use the tensor cores for NPC AI.
    Most AI in games today suck. FEAR, made in 2005 still has the best AI in any FPS.

Also how come there's a lack of companies utilizing geometry shaders? Going to be 3 generations deep with them but haven't heard much about it.[/QUOTE]

Geometry shaders have been used in PC GPUs, since the 8800 series.
    You probably mean Mesh Shaders. UE5 already has support for them, so it's only a mater of time until we get several games.
    I don't know about other game engines with support.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah mesh, sorry brain was rotted from the earlier posts.

I recall multiple devs making a big deal about it with Turing launch but then never heard anything about it again. Good to hear it's supported in UE5. Seems like it can be a pretty big boon for open world games -- which everyone loves to make now in days.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Great all-around teaser feedback. :p

I saw a great post before by someone, about all these so called crysis happening, which is bs a lot. That said they divided you all pretty good. Rejoice :D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Project Beyond people's wallets.

Picolete likes this.
  13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    They will be locked, not deleted, its best everyone have an idea what others think.
    I personally have and never will ban anyone for what they think/say.

This thread is back on topic, if it goes awry again it will be locked.

14. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Pulse 6800
    As long as there are corrupt politicians.

Now back on topic, they will probably announce another huge improvement in raytracing

15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    It`s interesting that you remembered ray tracing because i almost forgot it...

And Nvidia is being very silent about it but maybe they are waiting for the right time to announce the improvements.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Other then general algorithm improvements in software; RT hardware most likely getting better on the 4000 series, idk what else they'd announce about it, the latter of which they obviously wouldn't announce until they reveal the cards. Limiting factor with RT atm is just performance.. increase performance and it will show up in more games with less of a performance impact.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Render by Cemu user CellYdelle

[​IMG]

Maddness likes this.