Linus Backpack Controversy

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by TheDigitalJedi, Aug 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't imagine why on earth would anyone order anything from this poser in the first place. Just don't order anything from him, case closed.

BetA, Horus-Anhur, chispy and 4 others like this.
  2. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    People are actually expecting a warranty for a freakin bag. Also who, the heck wants to spend $250 on a freakin bag? Just get a freakin Jansport if you want a quality backpack. The one my dad bought for me for school over 10 years ago is still in good shape and has been through a lot. I went through 5 Walmart backpacks before that. The only thing that tore/got ripped up was the water bottle pocket holder thing on the side. I cut it off and it's completely unnoticeable. Still looks brand new. I've even carried 25 pounds of adjustable dumbbell weights inside no less than 6 times.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    Keitosha, Airbud, PPC and 1 other person like this.
  3. Raserian

Raserian Master Guru

GPU:
    He appears in EVERY video thumbnail for at least 5 years or so. His ego did run to skies long ago. It's nothing new.

PPC likes this.
  4. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Speaking of thumbnails why do they have to be goofy and crap? I went as far as trying to look for a new channel because it's so corny looking.

**EDIT**

I absolutely despise Austin Evan's channel.

PPC likes this.

5. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    I don't usually watch yt tech channels cause they're mostly just bad.
    I like this one though
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ECPUz/videos
    he's a thousand times better than any review Linus ever did.
    it's 100% on topic, no stupid stuff.
    watching Linus is a waste of time.

chispy and PPC like this.
  6. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    It'd be a real gas if he sold blankets.

[​IMG]

Airbud, PPC and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Lets be honest, LTT has gone down the shitter since early 2013/2014.

Clickbait, greedy sell-outs, blatant wokeism in the form of awkward tweets/comments, hiring unkempt unhygienic furries, etc...

He's also clinically stupid with some of his projects, bathroom servers, not paying for data recovery, whole-room water cooling which was just a setup for failure.

No wonder he's selling backpacks and merch for 250 bucks, his content is running out (besides speculating about intel/amd/nvidia).

8. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    So true, i mean i dont get the fanboyism to go out and buy a 5$ screwdriver for 30$ only cuz some youtuber told you to. Whole iFixit kits are about the same price as his one screwdriver. Thats a HUGE profit margin. People dont seem to realize that YT alone is paying a lot to content creators on Linus lvl of subscribers, it is enough really. Factoring in sponsors and overpriced merch, they're making a guy into a millionaire for no good reason with their hard earned cash.

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    They should sell an iFixit kit with a toothbrush, Steve would have a new tool he's never used.

386SX likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Wauw ! Burn...

11. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Your muckraking and bashing are very refreshing, theres so lil of it on the internet it should probably be preserved somewhere... maybe a cave or under a bridge... something like that...

Would you kindly post your picture so i can find a detail completely unrelated to the discussion and ridicule you for it? Like, "look at this guys shitty hair, i bet his hw reviews are terrible". That be swell, wouldnt it?

Ormy likes this.
  12. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    I'm not above ridicule, I don't believe anyone is.

Airbud and Brasky like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just saw a guy try to tear the straps off the bag and fail at it.

its built well enough.

14. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    If it was a roast thread, that be valid. In a discussion about backpacks and warranties, how does that advance the discussion?

Thats why warranties are there, not because the products are bad but because not all lots of production are going to be exactly the same, there will be oversight on a large enough volume, always has been.

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    You guys...all you are doing is giving him exposure, easy money.

Turn around, don't look back and EVERYTIME YouTube recommends one of his videos from one of his many many shill channels, just select the option "DON'T RECOMMEND CHANNEL" and

POOF

He no longer exists.

Done.

End of.

In addition to this, I would like to put this out there: any 'tick box' channels in your recommended listing on YouTube, if you got the time and can be bothered whilst watching the video you DID click on - go through a page worth of those 'tick box' channels in the sidebar of youtube, and just get YouTube to start recommending channels you have never heard of before, ever, and start watching channels you have never watched before.

The problem is not Linus, the problem is YouTube for continually recommending his channels in the first place, and if you ask YouTube to stop recommending them, you will get to see other channels struggling to get from out the underneath of his shill'd up mouth.

The only problem with this, is that you can clearly see the impact his shill channels have had on YouTube, because you can see the imitators out there, trying to copy the format as much as possible and that is kinda sad. I mean, of ALL the human beings on the planet, why would anyone try and pretend to be like him?

dont recommend channel.jpg

Truder, Horus-Anhur and 386SX like this.

16. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Because Steve is trying to make money off of Linus' grift, its petty and a grift in its own right.

Then it spawns crap like this.

These are hardware channels jumping into drama.

PPC likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats why i've blacklisted techspot/hwu

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I stopped watch Linus channel a few years ago. It went from being a tech channel with light and easy takes on technology, to being a clickbait driven channel with little worthwhile content.
    These days, I only know about their channel, when they say or do something really stupid, so everyone else is talking about them. Like this thread.

Mufflore, 386SX, Airbud and 1 other person like this.
  19. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    When a backpack gives this kind of histeria between tech channels... something is not right in this space.

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    There are no new launches of products for them to review. So they make this "content".
    When Zen4, Raptor lake, Ada Lovelace and RDNA3 are released, things will get back to normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.