NVIDIA GeForce 516.94 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Aug 9, 2022.

1. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Rogerbee said
    Already got the latest DX12 installed, it told me so when I ran the installer.

where did he get this installer you think ?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The June 2010 websetup/fullsetup will return such a message when there are no updates to be hard though

The key is in the file name though, June 2010, was D3D12 available in June 2010? no.

D3D12 updates are pushed via WU if any, during cumulative updates

the Agility nuget packages are for developers but do come with runtime for applications that use Agility.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  3. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    I got the installer from Microsoft. 21H2 would have come with the latest DX12, wouldn't it?

XantaX likes this.
  4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yes true indeed , I have Win 11 22H2 Dev. installed build 25182.1010

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    read the ddu info creator out right states to disconnect from internet from doing this.

6. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    I was talking Windows 10.

XantaX likes this.
  7. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    I never do safe mode with networking if that's what you mean.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    No litterly disconnect your wired connection or DISABLE your wifi before you use DDU in safemode so when you but back in to windows normally there is no internet available to download drivers, and you can install your own drivers, after you install them and reboot you re enable your wifi and or connect your wired cable. this all mentions in instructions and recommedations of use of ddu

Code:
    Recommended usage:
    -You MUST disconnect your internet or completely block Windows Update when running DDU until you have re-installed your new drivers.
    -DDU should be used when having a problem uninstalling / installing a driver or when switching GPU brand.
    -DDU should not be used every time you install a new driver unless you know what you are doing.
    -DDU will not work on network drive. Please install in a local drive (C:, D: or else).
    -The tool can be used in Normal mode but for absolute stability when using DDU, Safemode is always the best.
    -If you are using DDU in normal mode, Clean, reboot, clean again, reboot.
    -Make a backup or a system restore (but it should normally be pretty safe).
    -It is best to exclude the DDU folder completely from any security software to avoid issues.
    Do both to be safe, cause windows always finds ways, besides only way to compeletely block is to disable internet connection till after you installed your own drivers

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
    Passus likes this.
  9. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti GameRock OC
    Today crashed with this driver at idle, listening YouTube in the background.
    First "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" (event id 0), and after a couple of minutes got BSOD 0x119 (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR) with 0x2 (The driver failed upon the submission of a command).
    So I haven't figured out what's going on. All benchmarks and stability tests pass, there are no power problems, GPU gets its 400W at max load.
    No HAGS, no undervolt, Resizable BAR enabled.
    So far I have increased the TDR delay to 10 seconds, let's see if that makes a difference.

10. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Lots of issues with DSC and 8k60 over HDMI 2.1 with this driver. A few games not overly happy with my display and I get weird colours on the display anything less than 8k60 seems to be ok. Some games seem fine like Tekken 7 but this in Farthest Frontier is just weird. [​IMG]

11. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I do and it's fine. The driver auto download thing can reset after a large Win update, in my experience.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    119 is not affected at all by the TDR timeout.

13. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti GameRock OC
    This is the first one I found. Are there any other recommendations and assumptions about what happened?

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang hints at ‘exciting’ next-generation GPU update in September

Are you ready to buy a new leather jacket for Huang ? Lmao.

endbase likes this.
  15. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    It was the first time it happened. Usually, just restarting after you install the new driver is enough. This time, Windows snuck their install in before I could do mine. I think it had already downloaded it as part of an update. I was also using a new install of DDU so I'll check the settings there when the next new driver comes out.

16. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    PetritH, Undying and LocoDiceGR like this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Still no new drivers? nvidia getting lazy.

loracle and lionhad like this.
  18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Yes, I am sure it's all down to laziness and they're laying in comically large hammocks strung across the office cubicles while holding margaritas decorated with tiny umbrellas in them.

19. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    New drivers for what AAA game ?, this driver is released about 2 weeks ago and there is nothing wrong with it...i presume...come out your lazy bed an play games with this driver release..
    Also for the ppl who like your post

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    tiliarou and Passus like this.
  20. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Maybe to fix these issues

• [RTX 30 series] PC monitor may not wake from display sleep when GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV, and the TV is powered off. [3645633]
    • Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
    • Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot. [3624218]
    • [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. [200742937]
    • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
    • [RTX 30 series] Lower performance in Minecraft Java Edition. [3702953]
    • External display may not be detected when connected via USB-C on certain Razer notebooks. [3690673]
    • [Forza Horizon 5] Rainbow like artifacts in game after driver update. [3685123]
    • [Reallusion Hub] App will crash when launched on PC using a CPU with 32+ logical processors [3738397]
    • On rare occasion, video playback in browser may result in bugcheck code: 0x116 [3508109]
    • [Marvel Spider-Man Remastered] Cutscene edges may appear blurry when DLSS is enabled on an ultra-wide monitor [3734989]
    • [Windows 11] Some UWP apps may display lag when G-SYNC is set to "Enable G-SYNC for windowed and full screen mode" and "Vertical sync" is changed from the default value [3753141]
    Might be nice for some users if they actually fixed issues in between AAA game releases instead of just focusing on grd drivers with multiple issues

lionhad, PapaJohn and Undying like this.