Spider-Man Remastered

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by anxious_f0x, Jun 3, 2022.

1. oneoulker

oneoulker Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3070
    here some of my own shots at 4k/dlss quality
    well cant even try 8k on my end, i get 1-3 fps :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef, CPC_RedDawn and Trunks0 like this.
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    My HDR screenshots are like 25mb or more. This is when I use the Xbox Gamebar. When I use my keyboard the sizes are smaller but the pics are cloudy as all get out.

Should I disable HDR? I'm also trying to map a screenshot button on the Xbox Series X Controller and the PS5 Controller.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So far no issue with performance on my end here.

Ryzen 5600X
    2080 Super
    32gb ddr4 3200

I could probably run 4k native without DLSS and RT enabled, but it looks pretty damn good still lol. I do have to set Reflections Resolution to high instead of Very High though, that cuts my performance down almost to half. Other than that, hard locked at 60 with no dips.

Attached Files:

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  4. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Completed the Black Cat side quests (finding all the cat toys with the camera)

Spoiler warning... this is the reward :)

20220815025318_1.jpg

6. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    More coming. I have TONS of gameplay pics but the HDR and colors are wonky. the pics have a cloudy look to them. I'm trying to map the XBOX Gamebar screenshot function to the PS5 or Series X controller because the pics are better.

The regular windows screenshot pics are bland and cloudy.

7. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    For those who do not know or remember how these things work.

HDR does not work in the game.Best picture would be on OLED is Windows 11 HDR intensity to max
    Windows + G keys to bring up the game bar
    Select Settings (represented by a gear icon)
    Then open Gaming Features.
    Select use auto HDR with supported games to turn on Auto HDR
    HDR Intensity option to max on slider

Screenshot buttons do not need to be mapped in steam,they are included already.The screenshot will go to steam screenshot folder.Which can be remapped to any folder.
    RT+Xbox button
    R2+PS button

8. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    51419593091_2acddfe1dc_o.jpg 51419592801_780a5242d2_o.jpg 51419850873_8ff5e13ef2_o.jpg 51418851092_8259568a1b_o.jpg 51419851223_3a564b6c4e_o.jpg

The suits really are the best part.

Appears to have uploaded very low res.

9. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Thanks @bobnewels

I'm still on Windows 10. Haven't made the jump to 11 because things are so stable.

Kinda nervous. :p:D

10. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I've also noticed that when you take a picture with the Gamebar the frames drop between 5-10 fps. The picture quality is better than the regular F12 screenshot but at a cost. The pics I posted above are missing 5-7 frames.

11. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Newer Windows 10 should work fine with HDR intensity'

Anyway you want to take screenshots with controller same as windows game bar.I just showed default controller keys for steam which is the same as F12 but steam works on PS5 dualsense and Xbox 360 controller ,they are the only 2 I tested with steam.I do have a few other controllers.

You should not care about the frame drops when taking a screenshot, the strangers on the internet frack them all. You have a great setup,enjoy it and all of us get frame drops in all games especially when actually recording videos with our gear.

Also in Steam you can save an uncompressed copy giving high quality screens png file with the best quality.

12. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I was watching @XenthorX channel earlier. Tuning in to yours now.

XenthorX likes this.
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I use afterburner to take the screenshots, in 100% quality mode - works like a charm.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Native 4k uses too much vram for 8gb gpu's to run it properly - but you are right, it looks good regardless :)

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've played about 11 hours of this game and so far it is great... mostly. It looks great on Very High settings at 1440p with a 60 fps cap (using SSAO, since HBAO+ appears to be broken) and RT set to High. It runs fine too - cutscenes and missions are flawless, no stuttering. hitches or performance drops, they run smooth and gameplay appears to be locked to 60 fps even with lots of enemies on-screen - but the longer I play then the worst the performance gets in the open-world city sections. They start off fine but after 1-1.5 hours, the performance noticeably starts to drop and the game starts to become chuggy. This then results in the game freezing for 5-10 seconds while textures load then it continues. It almost looks like a memory leak but cutscenes and missions continue to run okay. Return to the open-world and performance starts chugging again. I had my first crash to the desktop while playing last night.

BlindBison and XenthorX like this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, it happens as the vram gets filled while you play, if your vram is right on the border from the start.

17. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I never played this on PS, so i'm really blown away. Feels exactly like Batman Arkham City to me.

Also i'm stilll amazed by the view outside, this is the best version of a big city ever shown in an open world game.

GTA VI really needs to take notice.

18. oneoulker

oneoulker Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3070

wanted to back you up, even with "everything" maxed out, so pushing beyond what is possible for my aging 2700x CPU, i managed to get "mostly" locked 48 FPS out of my system. obviously when i use optimized rt+crowd settings, i can get a mostly rock solid 60 too. but those max settings needed me to lock it to 48. i expected worse, but i was pleasantly surprised. from time to time framerate dipped to 45s, but it quickly went back up every time. i believe when it dips, game momentarily compiles some shader caches. this is also been mentioned in digital foundry review video, they said that engine is doing shader cache calculations on the fly even when you're playin the game. so it might be that...

but yeah, microstutters still happen here and there. but they are less frequent with this kind of frame limiting. overall, it was very fluid to play honestly and this is just a bad CPU at this point and I'm actually impressed with what I've managed to achieve here. I'm sure a more modern CPU should fare better at, say, 75 FPS target. I can understand some people really like high framerates, but even 48 FPS in this game looks and plays super smooth, so a locked 75 would probably be smooth as butter.

Aa proper framelimit really helps a lot, as you said. without frame limiter, framerates are all over the place, between 40 and 50. Itt is rocky and not that smooth.Though i wouldn't play with these settings. I would use low/med crowd+traffic density and 6 RT object range. These three settings really improve CPU bound performance a lot for my case.

I've prepared 3 samples,
    48 FPS lock with maximum possible settings
    60 FPS lock with optimized CPU settings + very high geometry (still heavily CPU bound)
    60 FPS lock with optimized CPU settings + high geometry

this one is interesting. the more I play, especially later half of the video, you can see that it is almost a perfect 48 FPS lock, to a point you would think the game runs flawless.

this is mostly a locked 60, but sometimes it gets small drops to 56s while swinging. when in combat in ground, the increased amount of reflections really take its toll and CPU was constantly bounded the performance around 50-53 FPS.

and this is the king's crown. practically, this is around what PS5's performance RT mode looks like (high geo, high res, 7 object range). near perfect 60 FPS lock, not even a single drop in ground and combat.

so I'd say even with this aging CPU, it is possible to get smooth framerates even with the very high geometry option. but having a super smooth 60 FPS lock option is also possible if you want the High geometry option. However high geometry beams reflections back to N64 textures, so it is a really tough choice to make.

So I'm sure a similar workaround can be found with higher end CPUs at higher framerates. Just not let it run uncapped. I can understand that some good PC ports may run good when uncapped. Maybe this game has a bad resource allocation, but I gotta say, the workaround and middleground I found is pretty solid considering the capabilities of the said CPU.

TheDigitalJedi and SpajdrEX like this.
  19. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I love the combat in this, playing through a second time after the PS5 version has been a blast.

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was actually wondering if this 5-10 second freezing issue that occurs after prolonged continuous play (1-2 hours) is because my i7-4770K CPU is being overstressed with decompressing the data quickly enough? I noticed that when these stalls happen that there is no drive light activity on my PC but I can see textures popping in so the stalling must be caused by something else not the game loading in the textures etc directly from the SSD.

This issue does NOT happen with cutscenes or while playing actual missions which run smoothly. However, as soon as those end and I am returned to the city and starting web-swinging then the performance degradation continues and it gets worse and worse until the game either crashes to the desktop (which has only happened once) or I exit it and reload it. The game works fine for around an hour, possible 90 minutes before this starts to become noticeable so I would imagine that this issue is accumulative and likely happening right from when I start playing it after loading it up.

To be honest, I am genuinely surprised at how well this game runs on my 2013 built PC with an RTX 3080 graphics card. It is mostly locked at 60 fps during gameplay (with RT on High too!) and only dips below that during cutscenes (where G-SYNC makes it unnoticeable anyway) and, of course, while web-swinging (where it is noticeable!). The game is perfectly playable though and if this "memory leak" or whatever it is can be fixed via patches then that would be great but my experience of the game so far has been very positive anyway. It is a great conversion and hopefully with a few more patches it'll be even better.

P.S. It is amazing though just how good the PS5 version is in retrospect. It loads faster than the PC version (albeit we are talking 1.5 seconds vs. 3 seconds!) and runs at a rock solid framerate whichever mode you choose, even with the VRR modes (which allow for 40-60 fps in Fidelity and 60-120 fps in Performance modes with RT. Sure, RT is better on PC but you cannot buy one for the £449 it costs for a PS5.