Windows 11 Release Build

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 4, 2021.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I already have everything virtualization related disabled in bios (I did that right after installing windows) and I have sleep/hibernate disabled for now thanks.
    I probably should add that all these problems only started happening a week or so ago. I've been running 22h2 ever since it was released to the release preview ring. I heard the July security update has been causing issues. Perhaps uninstalling that would fix it?

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I blocked the latest security update and since this is a fresh install from uup dump, it put me back quite a bit. I want to get the CU that came in between. Does anyone know where I can manually get KB5014688? I checked the Windows update catalog and didn't see it.

3. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    I'm glad to help, but do not know.

Check https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-11-hotfix-repository.83741/page-35#post-1740130

tensai28 likes this.
  4. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT

Invece, penso che tu debba rimuovere tutti i pessimi programmi che hai, a meno che non dobbiamo lavorare per vivere. La maggior parte di loro deve avere driver firmati altrimenti ti daranno problemi. Inoltre posso dirti qualcosa che forse può effettivamente darti problemi ed è FTPM. A quanto pare FTPM mira a una richiesta online da una chiave e troverai notizie se digiti AMD Ryzen Tpm / Scep certificato. Dopo più di un anno, non è stato organizzato e questo può portare a crash. Puoi trovare questo problema in molti siti pubblicati ma è difficile da risolvere ... c'è paglia qua e là per il web. Per quanto mi riguarda, ho risolto disabilitando FTPM in BiosMa' ho aggiunto un TPM hardware di soli 10 euro per la mia scheda madre Gigabyte Aorus Extreme. Fatti questi ultimi passaggi descritti non ho più avuto alcun tipo di crash o altri problemi, l'unica cosa che vedo negli avvisi di sistema sono solo avvisi informativi. I crash che avevo dipendevano soprattutto da tutto quello che ti ho descritto, e anche questo problema riguarda direttamente anche i driver video AMD. Spero che questo aiuti qualcuno ...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    tensai28 likes this.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I hope you don't mind if I reply back in English. I don't use unsigned drivers and I'm on a Nvida/Intel setup. I wasn't having any problems until recently.

One more thing to add, I've gone back to the latest CU. I noticed that it installed the update twice. As in; I installed the update and then a while later, windows installed the same exact update again. Might be nothing but it seems fine now. The last time explorer.exe started acting up causing me to be unable to do anything was 20 minutes before (an online) work meeting. Not cool. Luckily I was able to restore my pc in time.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Reverting to the older driver set didn't really do much initially. I ended up doing a "refresh" that caused all kinds of new and exciting problems that I hadn't seen before. Decided last night that it was time to do a clean install. Went ahead and took your advice to install the older chipset driver, specifically 3.09.01.140, as you mentioned. The issue isn't 100% resolved, but it's a huge improvement, nonetheless. The system is actually useable now. The last screen flash I noticed only seemed to affect the Edge browser, leaving the task bar fully viewable, unlike the previous flashes that looked like the display was losing signal. Appreciate the recommendation.

KissSh0t likes this.
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    W11 New Big Update when?

Answer: October, well i'll wait until October to try w11 again!

Along with Gen4 ssd Upgrade.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Refresh doesn't always work as well as running an upgrade install or do a complete reinstall.
    For W11 22H1 I had 3.10.22.706 installed, worked without issues, now I'm on W11 22H2 and use 4.06.10.651, no issues but it seems like AMD's fTPM fix isn't a real fix in the way that the CPU seems to be pushed a bit more, I only really notice that in the duration it sticks on max temperature and that it sometime goes to max when it didn't, I use a TPM chip instead of the CPU, so can't really say anything regarding the performance difference it does with fTPM.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've been trying to get a dedicated TPM chip, but can't seem to get one from a reliable source. I can find them all day long from questionable sources in China though.....
    I tried doing an "upgrade" install, but that seemed to make things worse, though not as bad as using Refresh did. Ultimately, I did end up doing a full reinstall. Still trying to sort out the original problem though....

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Had a "fun" time figuring out why my system suddenly became an unstable mess causing browser tabs to fail, and games to just shut down. Turns out that KB5015885 caused my McAfee Total Protection to break. And the fun part is that I had to not just uninstall it, I had to resort to using their removal tool to fully scour it to regain stability.

This is not the first time MS broke McAfee, and it took them several months to fix their product, so I expect the same amount of inertia. I have about 280 days left of my sub, and it looks like I will have to trash that. Ugh.

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Using antivirus in 2022? :eek:

Agent-A01 likes this.
  12. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Microsoft in the Beta and Dev builds does not encourage to install a third-party Antivirus, since being test branches they can fall into stability problems and interaction with the operating system. You must use Microsoft Defender in these test branches ....

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's been broken for months now. System is happier with Windows default. Turn on core isolation.

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I suppose that makes sense, but I'm only on Release Preview. :)

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Followup: got tired of the workarounds to get stable, Amazon Music app would not update images in a timely manner, and would hang getting a song that would play...eventually. Restarting explorer.exe would fix most issues, but not all. So I rolled back from KB5015885. Stuff just works again. I can wait for Tuesday and get the updated version.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Is this a bug or how it is suppose to be?

I open search and it never opens on 1st click, once I press it for the 2nd time it then opens on 1st click every time for few moments. Then it goes in "sleep" mode and needs 2 clicks again..

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Delayed start-up of the app / menu

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    KB5015885 isn't even the current build at this point, it should be at 382

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    my 21h2 is .856

Please tell more, I have the language set to native and can't find this setting.

Can you post a screenshot?

But then again, it happens 1hr into windows or 10min, and always goes back into this sleep mode and need 2x press.

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You can ignore my follow-ups, as the issue was cause by a conflict with OS, Firewall settings of 3rd party AV, and BNet Client. Resolved by changing AV and using passive Firewall filtering protection, and having AV not scan BNet Client traffic. System is now stable again. (Needless to say, things worked fine using Win Defender) Funny part is that I use BitDefender now, and that is on BNet's approved AV/Firewall list, and it still caused issues with BNet Client secure communications with their servers until I changed the traffic filtering options.

What a debacle to troubleshoot.