Intel Arc news and rumours

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Horus-Anhur, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    We all knew it was going to bad but this is BAAAAAD!

3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    It's really puzzling.
    Of course it's a new architecture. But Intel has been making GPUs for decades now. They have a driver team.
    And the worst part, is that Intel plans to officially release all Arch GPUs throughout this month. It's going to be a f****** mess.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Like Steve said in the video they have tried to compete with Nvidia and AMD at their level and cram in all the features at once.

BIG MISTAKE!

All they need to do is release a stable driver and focus on compatibility and performance of the driver. Just get basic features working like resolution, refresh changes, colour profiles, etc.

If they must get a feature working then 100% that feature should be XeSS. Focus all the teams efforts on basic driver performance and XeSS. Then slowly implement the more complex features later. People would be much more forgiving.

I really wanted Intel to come out with a good product at a good price. Imagine if they released a GPU around the 3060/3070 performance range for $299-$399 range with actual stable drivers that just focused on compatibility and performance.

When your software crashes after a few seconds in one of the most popular esports titles on the market (csgo) you have a serious problem!

Maddness and Horus-Anhur like this.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Intel has been developing integrated GPUs for decades now....and their drivers never focused on game performance. Only on providing a functional display output.
    Intel's past aside, this is an entirely new venture. The architecture is completely different, as is the goal. Simply building a driver to provide a functional display output isn't going to cut it at the price ranges they're planning to sell at.
    Unless something changed in the last few days, Intel has not provided a world-wide launch date for Arch graphics cards.

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I think their driver team and the software suite team must be different people, the display driver itself doesn't seem to have many issues, but the interface/control panel is completely borked.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Driver issues and control panel being broken make the cards useless imo. Just look at nvidia and their minimalistic design but perfectly stable.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I haven't watched any of these videos but the clip art intro amuses me somewhat. Why are intel giving this 'HW News' cards to tests?!?

9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Had you watched the reviews, you would know that he bought the cards from China. Meaning he is not under NDA.
    Other reviewers have done the same.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Unless he lives in China and speaks Mandarin then how is he not under NDA?

11. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Because he bought the card himself. It was not given to him by Intel, and as such, he didn't have to sign an NDA.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    intel aquired all of their igp capabilites with aquisitions, not development.

13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Did they?
    For nearly 30 years, that Intel has been making graphics chips, but you claim all of those were just bought out.

14. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    raja always had that hype then wait forever attitude

Keitosha likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    intel didn't make the i740 or 765, these were produced by a division of Lockheed that intel aquired from them.

there used to be a forum with a post detailing where intel aquired its igps from, but like many it has since shut down and not on the webarchive.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I wouldn't call NVidia's drivers "perfectly stable" as even NVidia's drivers have their bugs.....but they do, historically, have far fewer bugs that are capable of taking down an entire OS install.... Even AMD's drivers, at their worst, haven't taken down an entire OS. I guess that's an Intel exclusive driver feature?

NVidia uses a control panel with a late 1990's theme and focus mostly on the driver and features. Intel has a "modern theme" and that seems to be their main focus cuz everything else appears to be anywhere from partially broken to completely broken or even non-existent, yet still somehow broken.... They've managed to 1-up AMD on broken driver features....

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Honestly i didnt get a single crash with this nvidia card. It runs like a swiss watch. ofc i only install the drivers without geforce craperience.

That said i also didnt had issues with amd cards, My old rx580 runs to this day and i kinda like the modern design and wattman oc build into the drivers which i miss.

19. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB