Spider-Man Remastered

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by anxious_f0x, Jun 3, 2022.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Bought a PS5 Dualsense Wireless Controller for PC Gameplay to mod for this game and check out those fancy trigger things.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    DualSense for PC only works with cable, so if you want Dual Sense with your PS5 pad (and Steam) you need to connect a cable - same as for adaptive trigger which afaik this game is not going to have.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  3. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I had a blast with this game on the ps4, i think i'm good for now. Don't really get the hype, the city is big but copy pasta everywhere?

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Honestly it can be great or horrible.

I love the ps5 pad, I have 3. I think the size and shape is great, I think the haptic vibration is incredible.

But the trigger locking just feels horrible in some games.

Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, Astro playroom and oddly enough black ops cold war, all feel really cool. They eithre make it part of the gameplay or it makes every weapon feel very different. But other games just seem to tack on the if pressing trigger make it really procreating hard to press.
    Which just felt crap to me, it really does depend how much effort the dev has put in.

5. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    EDIT -Thanks for the tip.Had to go check what is supported in the game.

Controls and Customization
    Feel what it’s like to play as Spider-Man through immersive haptic feedback and dynamic trigger effects using a PlayStation DualSense™ controller on a wired USB connection. Enjoy full mouse and keyboard support with various customizable control options.

I agree with the great and I should say disappointing part with the controller.Just too add,I do not like the battery life on the controller. It is not actually my go to controller for games on PC,I wanted to check it out in this Spiderman game with the triggers on PC.

Maybe now I should go play and finish Marvels Avengers and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy to get warmed up for the spidy game

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    There is really not many games that support DualSense, and Adaptive Triggers even less for PC. Plus you need Steam, because its the only api which can emulate both - 3rd party emus, like DS4Windows, etc. cant emulate those things. Good thing is, you can add any "non-steam" game to Steam and have these functions enabled. (Well, if the game supports it ;))

Edit: Oh well, maybe it supports more than just DualSense, i wasnt aware when they announced DualSense support.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Just make sure emulation is on for the PS5 controller via the game options for each game, otherwise it does strange things by default.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You mean in the Steam settings for controller, PlayStation Configuration Support? Or do you need to do something for each game?

I own a PS5 pad since 3 months now and everything is working fine, with the global settings.
    Its a non-wireless (also because you need to have it wired for PC anyway for the features, plus i hate Bluetooth, it just sucks, interference, fluctuations, input-lag, etc.)

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Via the Steam settings front page. Maybe it's just me but the controller configs are the wrong way around without.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Ah, i see, yeah i have that on "use default settings", its using my global controller config. So i also dont use Steam input overwrite. Never had a problem, except of course when games dont show PS icons, but thats due the game.

11. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well for anyone interested you can use the PS5 dual sense with DSX Steam and not need Steam on. Also as mentioned not a lot of games support the fancy stuff on the controller but even over bluetooth you can get the triggers to work in some games,do not always need wired controller anyway.

Make a .bat file add lines-grabbed from steam page
    @Echo off
    set p=%~dp0%
    set p2=%p:~0,-1%
    start Main\DSX.exe --Location "%p2%" --sID "Your Steam ID"
    Steam ID you can copy from the link to your profile

Now only a few more days to go,have not been disappointed yet with a PS5 port to date,hope that does not change with spidy game

12. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Combat was great, missions are varied, swinging and movement feels extremely fluent and the graphics were very nice in parts. Some of the abilities were good fun, I'm really looking forward to a second playthrough on PC especially with the added bells and whistles it sports since I only played it on PS4 Pro last time.

DannyD likes this.
  13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Hmm - read devs comment
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1812620/discussions/0/3468352884036811850/

I dunno, im pretty ok for now with Steam and i can add any game and it works - no need to pay for any 3rd party prog, etc. The store page also dont mention that it works with BT, it only says what connections are supported.
    Plus, theres at least one free 3rd party app which is basically having the same features DSX have.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Please correct me if i am wrong, but I have not seen a single game that supports the same features as the PS5 version of the game has.
    DSX uses ViGEmBus which is to emulate a controller, and the same as DS4Windows , Inputmapper and the likes, with the exeption that it requires the game modded , so online you probably get banned.
    It is very cool they made the mods though, it is better then the usual analogue controls i suppose. I need to try this with forza4.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Indeed.
    Some of them have 100% the same features on PC from PS5. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualSense But for like AC: Valhalla, i think PS5 has more Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback than there is for the PC version (unlocked/enabled)
    Dont know about Forza 4..? But Forza 5 needs an extra config with DSX.

Ps: The "free" version is also still available. https://github.com/Paliverse/DualSenseX

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Metro: Exodus does. It might not be that specific game though.

18. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well I been playing God Of War for the last 3/4 hours with headset and PS5 Controller and it works great.

Talking,footsteps etc gives controller vibration.Triggers work fine also on the PC. Now I have no clue if it is the same as a PS5 nor do I actually care.
    All I can say is my opinion about the controller and I am looking forward to playing with headset on and PS5 Dualsense with all that virbration stuff happening even from footsteps in the PC Game.

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

talking shouldn't give vibration, it may be seeing it as a speaker. You can use the haptic motors to play Spotify etc.

God of war also has no trigger effect unless its a mod maybe?

Like I was saying about the vibration/haptics is my favourite part of the controller. In some games when it rains you can feel the rain drops, a very small but cool feature.

20. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Thanks for the info. It is a mod,I was using headset with controller,if it sees it as a speaker that is ok also.I have not really put any thought into it but Kratos when he speaks controller vibrates,footsteps ,just stuff like that and it is good.Triggers vibrate when swinging axe ,fighting just normal things.

Like I mentioned not my go to controller but I am coming around to liking the controller more with the mods.Hooked up a 7.6M/25FT USB C for play on OLED TV with all the vibration crap when wired. Even bluetooth though has some action when wireless on triggers and pad.I would not recommended the controller to super casual person but if you a person can read a little and know some code stuff,it is ok.

I am just happy I will not have to mess around modding with the spiderman game on PC when released with support for PC it shall be good enough.Maybe not as good as PS5 but I would never know the difference,have not owned a console since sega in 1988.

Party Poison likes this.