AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1- Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by justdoge, Jul 26, 2022.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    oh btw @SpajdrEX

It's not mentioned in notes, but this set and previous set have not had the Chromium hard freeze (gray screen) with HW acceleration enabled that was present with 22.5.2.
    If you want to let the team know.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  2. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    dark places. Yea sounds about right, your GPU is faster than mine. I was just curious about the fps difference when turning around. Works great though. :) I use the same settings too.

AsiJu likes this.
  3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Just to inform everyone that I will soon release a DDU update that will support 22.7.1 with the "AMD Noise Suppression" removal.
    Also, it is possible that there could still be left over of the AMD Noise Suppression stuff, it is because my card does not support it and I have to find out myself.
    If anyone after the new DDU release see something left (services, drivers files, reg entries) just let me know)

Edit: It's released !

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    RodroG, Direfield, iakoboss7 and 9 others like this.
  4. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I report my experience with DDU v18.0.5.2

My card is RX 6650 XT, remove Adrenalin v22.7.1 via DDU v18.0.5.2 can delete the file in "C:\Windows\System32\AMD\ANR", but if install Adrenalin v22.5.1 or previous driver with AMD Noise Suppression cannot be completely removed.

5. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    It's okay to be wrong but you need to give it a rest.

Hell, I wasn't even going for a "gotcha" or an "I told you so" but you perfectly outline the issue with tech communities.

People have this kneejerk reaction to spout all sorts of nonsense to make it look like they know what they're talking about in the pursuit of clout.

Misinformation on the internet runs rampant and we all need to do a better job of shutting it out.

Take it up with that representitive or keep it to yourself.

6. Miguel Antonio

Miguel Antonio New Member

GPU:
    Shapire HD 7800
    CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  7. Miguel Antonio

Miguel Antonio New Member

GPU:
    Shapire HD 7800
    Well, I tried several linux distros, in my case when opening yuzu for example it gives me an error that I don't have drivers and using the table drivers and those that linux itself already installs and nothing

8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    the mesa driver is updated quite frequently , but distros often lag behind quite alot especially ubuntu/debian , if you tried this a a while ago it might have changed since then, it also says on the wiki that there is a vulkan backend, you'd probably want to be using that over opengl anyway,

I can attest that the mesa driver is far more performant than amd's old opengl driver, easily 2x faster in many cases, however it does sometimes have problems with certain apps, because they rely on quirks of either nvidia or amd's proprietary driver, amd itself has had much trouble with this in the past, where a games written for nvidia's opengl driver , runs exceptionally poorly or dont work at all.

generally though this is quite rare these days.

9. Sanded

Sanded Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800M 12GB
    I feel like AMD is being deceptive with their wording about RSR implementation for AMD notebooks:

I can definitely say that updating to 22.7.1 definitely did not enable use of RSR. It still doesn't show up as an option in the Adrenalin software even though my notebook has a discrete RS 6000 series GPU and a Ryzen processor with hybrid graphics. I emailed a couple friends who have AMD laptops, and they said that the same is true for them as well.

Does anyone with an AMD laptop actually have this working for them after 22.7.1?

Attached Files:

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    anyone care to tell me what the hell is going on with AMD and mesh shaders?

3080Ti - OFF 245fps - ON 663.52fps - 170.3% increase
    3D MARK MESH.JPG

6800XT - OFF 37.02fps - ON 595.73fps - 1509.1% increase
    3D MARK MESH.JPG

Why does AMD score so low with mesh shaders off?? This is using latest studio drivers for Nvidia and latest 22.7.1 driver for AMD.

That increase for AMD though is simply insane! But I can't help but think why is Nvidia so far in front with mesh shaders off???

RodroG likes this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If I remember that test has an insane amount of pillars or smth similar.
    Could be the lower memory bus width on RX 6000 versus RTX 3000. Probably the amount of data is so large that Radeon can't transfer it efficiently and Infinity Cache is too small to make a difference.

Just a guess though. But this is afaik largely the reason why RX 6000 match or even exceed the RTX 3000 equivalents in 1080p and 1440p but start falling behind in 4K.

When talking about rasterized performance, ofc. RT is Nvidia's game all around.

12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Id like to be perfectly clear, i generally have no idea what im talking about.:D

AsiJu and Sufferage like this.
  13. ant_sh

ant_sh Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    No, it is you who has a history of posting ridiculous unverified assumptions

HD64G, Blisk, Sufferage and 1 other person like this.
  14. drakengard

drakengard Member

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64 8 Gb
    I have performance improvement in Citra canary 2118 (after fix crash on new opengl driver.)
    And in sega model 3 emulator.
    At least one and a half times, I'm just too lazy to rollback the driver to measure the exact values, but these emulators worked slow before.

HD64G likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Found the guy that believed all the bulldozer ipc leaks.

16. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    xemu xbox runs faster with the older drivers, at least for me. So pretty much after testing alot of stuff, on my end with my cards, with games opengl driver is wonderful, for emulators they're awful. So i went back to using 20.9.1 until i get my new video card next week and i will test out the drivers again.

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Youtube video playback has screen tearing lines in MS Edge on Win11.

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

Not even close to being as good as the one from NVIDIA. Such a pity as I was looking forward using it.
    And to add to the injury, on my system it doesn't even work, nothing gets registered, it has to be an incompatibility with my soundcard.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it should improve over time with training.

20. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    your tool is simply indispensable thank you forever

RodroG, Wagnard and Undying like this.