The Aurora Collection by Logitech G

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 26, 2022.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

True, it's just a bad idea for a product line imho. I know it's hip to be all inclusive but honestly, even the advertisement costs do not meet the sales I'd expect.
    Sorry if you already think people are fragile and snowflakes if one has totally neutral doubt in the financial success of an extra product line for such a niche group.
    Or that one wonders if inclusion means making a separate product because the other product line isn't for the target group you'd want to include with all the other customers. Actively seperating a group of people from the general public you claim to include them with and set them apart.
    [edit] But maybe I underestimate the power of marketing and this actually does work better than a different colored but technically identical product just because people are easy to influence.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk if you remove the "gender inclusive" part then the entire thing reads like it's a product line that appeals to women - a rather large, non niche group of people.

If they came out and said "Hey we are building a product line for women" would there be this much pushback? I think we can say probably not.

https://www.amazon.com/Customizable-LIGHTSYNC-Lightspeed-Connectivity-Lightweight/dp/B08V1JWV82/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1ZFYPBAVRVJBF&keywords=aurora+logitech&qid=1658950409&sprefix=aurora+logitech,aps,71&sr=8-4

Even the landing page says nothing about the gender inclusive stuff. Honestly the video they included kind of makes me dig the aesthetic. So yeah if you're going towards women and non-binary people or whatever, this seems like a good way to do it.

_

As far as the snowflake statement that wasn't directed at you.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah I misunderstood, I apologize. I do have to admit, I felt addressed for some reason.
    But yeah to be honest the same applies. Make a product for a group of people and hope it appeals to them enough to act as in incentive to improve sales in total and / or get that specific group from below or average to above average sales.
    From the more philosophical point of view though, the second one still remains: inclusion and creating separate articles in it's spirit is generally a tricky thing to balance.

4. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    The funniest part to me is imagining you fools furiously typing in your dark basements about how you hate inclusivity while the light from your rainbow LED RAM sticks, motherboards, GPUs and fans wash over your stupid faces lol

[​IMG]

sykozis likes this.

5. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090Ti
    This escalated quickly! :eek:

Don't have a problem with the actual product at all. I just found their choice of marketing spin / BS nonsensical and funny.

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Is that why their stupid pink peripherals never sell and are always the colour on sale? Sounds more like reaching for the current trend hoping to appease the psychos rather than it being a sound business decision. You can call it fragile or whatever the hell you want, doesn't faze me, the crazies can all eat crap and die, and if I can take even a penny away from them by refusing to buy from woke brands, then I'll do it.

I find it hilarious how you guys are all gaslighting pretending to not understand why anyone who knows what's going on despises the woke. I have to believe you're either idiots, or being intentionally deceptive/feigning being naïve. That's why I assume you're gaslighting, I assume you have some amount of intelligence. Gaslighting is what the woke have been doing from day 1, it doesn't work. It's crashed and burned much like words having meaning anymore. "*****", "racist", "bigot", "hate" all have lost all meaning.

And the ironic part of being gaslit by pretenders, hoping to convince anyone dumb enough, that woke malevolence is "politeness"/"caring"/whatever BS; I'm a bleeding heart far left liberal. That doesn't mean I have to be insane/woke at the same time. But yeah, keep trying to push me to the right.

Visually, no, I doubt anyone does. But wait until you look up the specs of the mouse/the price, you'll have problem then. It's being marketed to suckers who have no idea about tech.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So, let's take a moment and assume that some of us don't pay attention to most of society or idiotic political ramblings and answer this..... WTF does "woke" mean these days? Back when I was a kid and following along with all the kiddie BS, "woke" referred to someone that was willing to educate themselves on socio-political topics. Now it just seems to be a buzz word that gets thrown around for no other reason than because nobody that has a real life knows WTF it means and the politically motivated people just get mad cuz one side of the political spectrum told them they should hate it.

Why does every product need to be black, black/grey or black/silver? What's wrong with catering to multiple demographics?

Why do so many people feel the need to try to oppress or persecute others? What's wrong with just being a decent human being and understanding that everyone is unique and different?

Personally, I wouldn't buy any of this stuff because my typical color schemes are black/red, black/green or black/red/green.....but I don't see any issue with Logitech trying to appeal to demographics that don't include me....

schmidtbag likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If companies started making stuff in the Super Nintendo grey color theme I'd be all over that like flies on crap.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If I could pull off a full build in that color scheme, I'd probably go for it. Good luck getting motherboards and graphics cards in those colors though.

Airbud and KissSh0t like this.
  10. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I just realized most of my computer peripherals are Logitech

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

11. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    That's how it was for me many years. Back in the day I had the Logitech Z680 speakers almost 20 years ago. MAN those speakers were awesome for the time. I coupled it with the Audigy 2 soundcard and enjoyed that set for years.

Logitech has made great products.

Airbud likes this.
  12. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    I wonder how Ron Perlman would react to this story. :D

13. Fervant_Beast

Fervant_Beast Member

GPU:
    Thats easy to explain, Communist World Government Propaganda. aka NWO

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This was Logitech's original branding and color scheme....
    [​IMG]

Airbud and MonstroMart like this.
  15. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    To be fair i'd buy a pink mouse over any other color if i knew it would not start to double click within two years. The color of logitech mice should be the last of people concern. All their mice start to double click within two or three years if you play lot of games and it's very hard to replace the switches. I bought a g903 about a year ago and it's already starting to double click and i watched a guide to replace the switches and not sure it's worth the hassle i'll probably just swallow the loss again and maybe this time i'll look at another manufacturer.

carnivore, Airbud and sykozis like this.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Old is sometimes better... I've got a Logitech G9 Laser, the cord was not the best, it was that fabric type cord, replaced it.. and the teflon feet also got a little damaged after opening it, replaced those as well, that aside... perfect clicks, have had the mouse since 2009.

Kinda wish Logitech would release the same mouse again, but with a different not fabric cord.

Airbud likes this.
  17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    You can argue all you like about the shape, but from a technical point of view, current sensor technology is vastly superior compared to the ADNS9500 laser sensor in the G9.

Personally I would've rather seen them release a G9 & G305 that were given the all out G Pro treatment tbh. They can then slap on whatever color they like.

If they really want to be inclusive, they should stop releasing subpar small mice. My hands are small (arguably about as big as the average female). I know all to well how difficult it is to find a proper mouse that's comfortable and this new lineup for me doesn't scream inclusivity at all, it just screams marketing bs and yet again releasing subpar equipment for people with small hands (women included).

Logitech isn't the only one doing this. Viper Mini vs regular Viper also uses a more "subpar" sensor (3335 variant instead of 3360+ variant). Every brand does this.

If they really want to be inclusive they should release smaller models without holding back on the performance, then work with designs and color schemes afterwards.

KissSh0t likes this.
  18. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Weirdly, I almost vomited. Can't see anything edible in a foamy white turd (or worse?). Then again, I keep to failing my regular Rorschach tests as well (what butterflies?) so maybe it's just me :eek: