The Aurora Collection by Logitech G

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Logitech G's Aurora Collection is designed to be gender inclusive, not gender exclusive. The Aurora Collection has a distinctive aesthetic and design language while also allowing for personalization ...

The Aurora Collection by Logitech G

2. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090Ti
    Down with all those gender-exclusive peripherals shaped like keyboards, mice, and headsets. And down with their gender-exclusive RGB lighting.

Finally Logitech has brought us gender-inclusive peripherals shaped like keyboards, mice, and headsets. And gender-inclusive RGB lighting.

Wait, you mean it doesn't come in black? Wow Logitech, racist much?

The above was all just sarcasm by the way. I just couldn't help but make light of how exploitative their marketing is on these products.

carnivore, Why_Me, Airbud and 8 others like this.
  3. seldarine

seldarine Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 290
    Seeing that brave young person both enjoying video gaming whilst couragously breaking stereotyped and antiquated gender to peripheral ideologies all at the same time as fully expressing their inner colour scheme harmogeny sent shivers down my spine.

Solfaur and tunejunky like this.
  4. mdm

mdm Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 FURY
    It's... Girlie! No matter what anyone say's!! :D

5. IgrokU

IgrokU Guest

GPU:
    6900 xt OC
    Maybe they should spend more time on software= it is terrible...but hey- it's pink!

Why_Me likes this.
  6. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    The pic of the keyboard and wrist rest has me walking on eggs (or is it marshmallows?).

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not even the people they're trying to cater to would understand wtf they're talking about.

8. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    you are too funny :p:p:p

9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    the logic of Logitech is questionable, but they do make all kinds of accessories.

my questioning the logic is because there are equal numbers of tuff girrls and fey boi's, likewise powder puff girrls and macho guys - along with the variation on the spectrum of LGBTQ+

my (humorous) take is yet once again Tech has failed women (local trope).
    in that the young women nowadays are far more empowered with computing and have representation across the spectrum. women have always been more than "pink", but they do like color and glitz.

Maybe it's just the fact that Logitech missed out on Grunge, Goth, and Hip-Hop that they realized they could sell RGB crap re-labeled as pan gender identity. funny thing is we have all seen the effeminate heterosexual man and the masculine heterosexual women.
    i still don't get what flashing lights have to do with sexuality unless they're going to be releasing a co-branded sex toy :oops::oops::oops::oops::rolleyes:

10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    and btw...

the gender fluid are highly represented at Silicon Valley Campus's (business parks).
    even the questionable (but not nec. sexual) "comfort animals" are permitted so if you work at Google, Apple, Facebook, etc... you have seen the numbers.

but i still don't think the numbers are enough for a business plan when they still haven't effectively marketed to women.

11. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    I've been a loyal fan of Logitech for years. Looks like my Logitech g915 TKL and G Pro X Superlight will be the last products I bought from them

Why_Me, somemadcaaant and Neo Cyrus like this.
  12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So Logi has caught the mind virus and gone woke? Great, we needed more malevolent stupidity masquerading as politeness in the world.

Same. "Years" would probably be an understatement considering I've been buying their products for what feels like most my life. My G Pro X SL will be my last Logi product. Get woke, go broke.

13. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    The heshe collection - yep how ridiculous seems the crazies have well and truly taken over the planet.

Why_Me likes this.
  14. Fervant_Beast

Fervant_Beast Member

GPU:
    This world is ******.

Why_Me likes this.
  15. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    if some company catering to a new market offends you - you really don't understand business.

and to be brutally blunt, this is the same crap that was said when advertisers used people of color as models/actors for the first time

go back to your caves and nurture your fragile heterosexuality.

pink panic my ass

sykozis and MonstroMart like this.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I don't really get it - I guess the "gender inclusive" bit triggers snowflakes but its just a product line aimed at women or people that identify in that direction. I'm still going to keep buying MX mice for laptops and G502 for my desktop.

So weird to me that the people that claim to be so "macho" are so insecure.

tunejunky, Airbud, sykozis and 3 others like this.
  17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Not more than when everything was f***** beige and not more than if they start making everything f***** black.

tunejunky likes this.
  18. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Personally, I do not find any of this line attractive.

But why care soooo much? To each their own. If they sell, they sell.

MonstroMart likes this.
  19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Or in another perspective: if you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't like bioluminescent unicorn vomit in my PCs, and I cringe at the idea of my boot screen saying it is some secret weapon or a race car. But, I'm not about to boycott every other motherboard manufacturer just because they make things that cater to a demographic that I don't fit in.

Logitech's marketing isn't evil, destructive, or insensitive, it's just stupid and out-of-touch, and the products are tacky.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    Airbud likes this.
  20. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    Can someone explain to me what was so offensive about Logitech's original branding and colour scheme?

I am so confused about why they had to launch a whole woke-line, for a line of peripherals.