Fewer Than Four Percent Of FIFA 22 Players Have Played A Women's Match

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Fewer Than Four Percent Of FIFA 22 Players Have Played A Women's Match

So how many of you have played a woman's match in the latest FIFA? :D

2. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, that doesn't surprise me as, at the risk of sounding sexist, most woman do not play video games and certainly not FIFA so it has very, very niche appeal really. And most men I would wager who do play FIFA would rather play the men's sport because, well, that is what football has been for many, many years. Women's football is relatively new and in time maybe it'll be as popular and familiar as the men's sport is now but not right now.

Do women even watch the women's FIFA matches on TV, I wonder? If the answer to that is mostly no then it is no wonder that few play the women's league in an even more niche video game that primarily appeals to men.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I have never played Fifa 22 to begin with. I only got it for free sometime between Christmas and now, and you can see how important it is to me if I don't even remember.
    But for the OP's 4%, I think that number has a margin of error of 4% :D

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I think that the reason it's even at 4%, is because you get an achievement.

6. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I have the game and never even installed it yet.Guess FIFA 23 will not have woman in the game,nope wrong there,also have Madden 22,NBA 22 plus various years and have not played any of them but I bet they also have the woman teams in there that no one plays.
    I am not even sure why it makes a difference in a video game if it is a man or woman you play,unless your part of the population that identifies as the woman/trans/gay/brown/yellow/green/blue thing and you want to feel included. Then I still would not care,you do you

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    edit: nvm

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I think it is nice they put women football in the game. playing with your hero is nice, so this will attract females, and make them even more interested in the game and football IRL as well.
    The sport is still growing. I think we got 10 teams here in the netherlands total.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah it's cool women's teams are included now too.

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    That said, I did play a women's match or two. The problem is that there are so few teams to choose from. I tried to play through the EURO but teams were missing, so I gave up pretty quickly.