NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 28, 2022.

1. I've tried some other VR games out on 11 and all is seemingly well! Blade & Sorcery even seems to work smoothly now, whereas I've only had a mostly stuttery experience back on 10 for a while.

I read that Oculus supports Windows 11 only with Air Link and that's what I'm using currently, but all my testing with 11 prior to this was with wired Link.

2. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I see you have Core i9 12900KS @ 5.5GHz.
    The new cpus run better on 11 then 10 because it has better scheduling from what I've been told and possibly why VR runs better for you on w11.
    Also heard some games perform better with e-cores off.Do you run the cpu with e-cores disabled out of curiosity?
    Mainly asking because I heard early on the cpu had issues where games where using e-cores for games which reduced performance while others are saying those issues have been fixed.Although to this day I still hear ppl recommend to turn the e-cores off for a gaming rig.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    VR ran noticeably better with my old 9900k before I upgraded in windows 11 than 10 as well, so it isn't just Alder Lake specific.

On the 12900KS, I have E-Cores enabled and no issues with game performance so far whatsoever (I didn't expect such a big boost at 4k and VR going from the 9900k, especially with minimum framerates/lows). There may still be issues with select games, but I don't seem to play those or perhsps they've been ironed out since alder lake was released.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  4. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I've had a talk with ppl who played cyberpunk that jumped from a 9900k>12900k and noticed the bump in minimum frames/less frametime spikes.Big games these days are really cpu dependent even in 4k in certain scenarios it seems.
    Really tempted to wait on the 13900k just for extra cache.

Cave Waverider likes this.

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Depends. Dying Light 2 with RT is super lightweight on the CPU.

6. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Just had some weird artifacting while browsing the web and then on my desktop screen too, using this driver, anyone else experiencing this ?

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    500 series drivers still broken on laptop with GTX1060 and I7 6700HQ.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Theres a new driver coming this week, as theres a security issue in them, says on the bulletins.