NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 516.79

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Crazy.. I have 2042, Jedi fallen order and RE village. I’ve never seen the option or them working with Dolby.

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You need to set Windows to Atmos for Home Theater.

One of the games I play now that have it are RE2 and Cyberpunk, from other games I have it's also Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

I was asking dr_rus what's the output when you set it to Atmos for Home Theater without actually playing an Atmos game. I suspect it just sends Dolby MAT 7.1, but my sound bar doesn't say what it is unless it's Atmos or DTS:X

3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    These drivers caused my computer to be unable to boot. Never have I experienced this. Used DDU in safe mode as usual. The next day, my explorer was constantly restarting even in safe mode. Luckily ddu created a restore point.

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well the issue remains on this driver although it seems is if the audio drop outs became shorter. Although this may be just a coincidence.

Not much to detail really. The AVR reports the signal as PCM in games which don't support Dolby Atmos. Checked CP2077 also and AVR reports Dolby Atmos in it.
    I don't have anything close to a speaker setup needed for DA so I don't see much reason to enable it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    Mapson likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nothing to do with this driver, its not loaded in safe mode.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Reverting to previous drivers fixed the problem so I doubt it.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  7. enthusiast29

enthusiast29 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB
    Probably a windows update or something other you did. When you restored the restore point then those changes also got reverted.

8. Triklopius

Triklopius Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    Warframe dx11 has now normal behavior. Maybe it is new driver or the hotfix from game self ( i think it is the hotfix driver ).

I'm happy it works now. :)

9. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    The latest version of the Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre converts all PCM audio to ATMOS so if a game did not support ATMOS originally, it does now in a sense. The ATMOS flag on my soundbar is now constantly enabled and there is even option to upconvert stereo.

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's not what my AVR tells me.

Btw is it known which PCM format is used when Atmos is enabled in Windows?

11. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I don't think so. Unless I did it in my sleep. Installed the drivers and went to sleep. Woke up the next day and that's what happened.
    Checking windows update is the first thing I did. I haven't made any changes to my system and there hasn't been any issues since reverting back to 516.40. I have all of the latest system updates installed.
    I'm on windows 11 22h2 and using a 3070 mobile.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Does this driver fix the random fatal error crashings in mh rise sunbreak ?

13. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    That’s not true for me though I wish it was.. I bought Forza 5 to see if it plays in Dolby and for the first time atmos worked! But I also played elden ring, plaques tale and ninja turtle all coming in multi channel in. Albeit I noticed when loading a game it briefly shows Atmos but goes to multi channel once the game is loaded.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there have never been fatal errors in mh rise except where the system wasn't stable or broken overlays were mixed together.

15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Never had a single fatal error with rise only sunbreak.
    Also sunbreak does this no other games so go figure just saying also check them steam forums there is allot more going on.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1446780/discussions/1/3202622816412103096/?ctp=6

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So I tested this hotfix ~ 2hrs in Destiny2 and it passed my torture test, it works.

Also the game feels much smoother compared to 512.95 like it had better internal latency or something :), will keep it for now.

Eviltoaster likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    multiple users there have a dinput8.dll in their mhr directory, which means they are using injectors/hacks and bringing it upon themselves.

88 posts on a game played by thousands are not indicative of game or driver bug.

18. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    You mentioned Asus

I had an Asus tuf X570 Gaming this weekend i switched to a Msi wifi Tomahawk X570 S with all the hard ware and all went ok even with this driver it works Fine now om all games. it costs me 350 euro.
    with a lot of overclocking the Cpu and Ram options, I never buy an Asus again it's Crap. it gave me troubles from the beginning sorry for the Asus fans

19. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Me neither ,it should be nice if there was an option for Dolby...

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Tried these due to boredom yesterday but they cause 3-4 sec pauses in fallout 4 randomly