MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Framerate/frametime displayed by "Show own statistics" is redundant functionality, it will unlikely get any new options because I plan to deprecate and remove it from GUI one day. Initialy it was intended to provide minimalistic FPS/frametime overlay for those who wanted to use RTSS as standalone solution without MSI AB. Now such functionality is fully covered by OverlayEditor and you can create any kind of minimalistic FPS overlays with it.
    It is also by design of "Show own statistics" FPS overlay to hide itself as soon as any overlay client (MSI AB, AIDA, HwInfo or OverlayEditor) take control on displaying own framerate overlay and try to show anything related to application's framerate statistics (which includes <FR>, <FT>, <APP> tags)

On a side note: I had some spare hours during weekend to peek into DXVK/FarCry3 deeper and I think I see rather simple workaround to filter device creation/destruction spam on this game startup and get it working.

BlindBison likes this.
  2. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Thanks! I suppose re-building OSD via Editor isn't such a big deal when RTSS' options for frametime calculation point etc. still work the same. :)

3. Unwinder

Alternately, I can offer it as a power user oriented option, so it won't be available in GUI but it will be possible to enable 3D API name display in "Show own statistics" overlay with config file edit.

BlindBison and aufkrawall2 like this.
  4. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Hi!
    Sorry in advance if this is a silly question.

To the point: Can I use correction formula or other trick inside MSI AB to remove decimals from a value (by rounding or just keeping the integer)?
    I'm polling cpu fan speed through libre hardware plugin for AB, and value is noted as XX.Y, I would like to see just XX value (ie: 32.,9 as 33 (rounded) or 32 (just integer))

Here's a pic to show what I mean:

[​IMG]

Btw, all my OSD config is done inside MSI AB, not using RTTS overlayeditor.

Regards and thanks in advance!

5. Unwinder

It is not a question of correction formula, it is a question of different output value formatting. It should be done on plugin side, AIDA, HwInfo and PerfMon plugins I created allow customizing formatting, but I don't know if libre plugin supports that.

elbubi likes this.
  6. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks for your inmediate answer Alexey.

I feared that could only be achieved on pluginside. At first I tried HwInfo as I often use it to general monitoring, but I stumbled upon a 12 hour limitation wich made it unpractical.
    Libre does not support formating (at least from gui side), but I will investigate PerfMon.

Thanks again for your time and for the amazing piece of software you have (and continue) to develop.

7. Unwinder

PerfMon won't help you, windows performance counters exposed by it do not provide access to mobo specific sensors like CPU tachometer.

8. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Found it after your previous answer, been sneeking into AIDA too.
    Don't worry, someway or another I will made it through.

Thanks for your kind support!

9. Unwinder

I'd purchase PRO version of HwInfo or AIDA then. It is not that expensive and that's a good way to say @Mumak or Fiery thanks for his work.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  10. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Agree 100%!!! ;) (without decimals :D)

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Is it a known issue that overlay temporarily disappears in Doom Eternal with present from compute disabled in the game's options menu, as long as vsync limits frame rate? When fps drop below vsync limit, the overlay returns. This is with VRR enabled, if that makes any difference (I guess highly unlikely?).

12. Unwinder

It is not a known issue and I won't be peeking into it. And I'm pretty busy with Intel Arc now, sorry.

13. Unwinder

Dear forum visitors,

I experimented with Intel Arc support during the last few days and i'm happy to report that most of monitoring related functionality is already implemented and working in RTSS/OverlayEditor. So I guess we'll release RTSS beta with initial Arc support in the nearest days. After that we'll release MSI AB beta with Arc monitoring (monitoring only!) support soon. Fully overclocking capable MSI AB beta is not expected at the moment, some things still need to be done from Intel side prior to that.

upload_2022-7-19_12-0-40.png

14. Unwinder

We're preparing RTSS 7.3.4 Beta 4 Build 27054 for uploading, so it will be available for downloading soon. This is the first build with Intel Arc telemetry support in internal HAL of OverlayEditor.

Stay tuned!

SanokKule and wtfisgoingon like this.
  15. Unwinder

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Thanks, can confirm RTSS inject into Far Cry 3 DXVK now works without issues. :)

BlindBison and Unwinder like this.
  17. Unwinder

Full changes list for RTSS 7.3.4 Beta 4 Build 2705 includes the following:

o Improved compatibility with Vulkan applications, using multiple coexisting swapchains (e.g. Godot v4 editor)
    o Framerate limit is no longer displayed as blank field when using <Alt> + framerate limit field clicking functionality for some periodic refresh rate values, defined with arbitrary non-power-of-10 refresh rate denominator. Such periodic refresh rates are rounded to 3 decimal places
    o Improved compatibility with Vulkan applications, creating multiple dummy Vulkan devices on different GPUs during startup (e.g. Far Cry 3 with DXVK mod)
    o Added power user oriented config file switch, allowing displaying 3D API (either abbreviated or full) in framerate counter displayed by "Show own statistics" option
    o Epic Games Overlay compatibility strategy is disabled by default now, it is no longer mandatory due to changes in recent Epic Games Overlay updates
    o Frametime counter in shared memory is now buffered and no it longer updates dynamically during presenting the frame. Buffering is implemented to protect the counter from being asynchronously accessed by third party monitoring clients and prevent such client applications from reading incomplete frame timings
    o Fixed Windows XP/Vista compatibility regress, introduced tn the previous beta due to adding debug module dumping feature
    o Added Intel Arc GPU architecture support to internal HAL of OverlayEditor plugin
    o Added special stub data source to internal HAL of OverlayEditor plugin. This data source is not bound to any physical sensor so it doesn't consume any CPU time by polling hardware. You may use stub sources to implement some virtual sensors implemented purely via correction formulas and referencing other data sources only (e.g. total power consumption represented as "CPU power" + "GPU1 power" + fixed_delta).
    o %VRAM% macro is now aligned to closest 0.5GB boundary in OverlayEditor plugin
    o Updated built-in profiles list

vLaDv, The1, SanokKule and 6 others like this.
  18. Unwinder

Yep, it is a part of changes list. Thanks for confirming.

19. RiPe_Go

RiPe_Go Guest

GPU:
    I am reporting this issue for an MSI Afterburn

I use an RTX 3070 MSI Card, and in the MSI Afterburn I use custom fan speeds and the option marked "Override zero fan speed with hardware curve".

The correct thing would be 0 RPM always work normally and the Fans always turn off with low temperature. But the problem is that the Fans only turn off sometimes, that is, it doesn't always work. Even the GPU at low temperature the fans are running most of the time at 30% speed.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  20. ParKur

ParKur Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    In RTSS version 7.3.4 Beta 4 Build 27054, monitoring stopped working in the game The Division 2