The worst gaming company

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Jul 13, 2022.

?

What is the worst gaming company?

1. EA

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Activision Blizzard

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Konami

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Ubisoft

22 vote(s)
    31.9%
  5. Bethesda

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. CD Projekt Red

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. Square Enix

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. Tencent

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  9. 2K Games

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Gearbox

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its funny how we had synonyms opinion about one bad company like EA and now things are gotten so bad we cant even agree which one is the worst.

Better question in all this would be "is there any good gaming company left" :D

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Valve?

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Valve stopped making games as far im concerned.

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I absolutely loved World of Warcraft and at this point I don't even want to play the upcoming WOTLK classic, despite it being perhaps the best expansion they have ever produced. They ran that entire franchise down into nothing. Same with Warcraft and Starcraft. All the new things they make are soulless grind fest with no meaning that often feels like second job. So for me Activision Blizzard is it, but I guess its mostly because I was emotionally invested into their games.

EA is as crap as ever, but the last game I bought from them was Jedi fallen order and I liked it. I don't interact with them otherwise so they are pretty much irrelevant to me.
    Ubisoft would probably be close second, but then again after they have ruined the Division. The new AC is the only game I ever check out and I don't think its that bad.

I guess I should be more concerned about Tencent since its part of CCP, but I kinda doubt it will lead to anything super bad. I think its far more likely it will just get regulated and pushed off the market like e.g. Huawei.

Solfaur likes this.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Ubisoft really threw down the gauntlet with the removal of single player content that people had paid for. Basically a tiny sliver of the steam library nightmare scenario. It may just be small bits and pieces of DLC, but it sets a terrible precedent.

Solfaur and Horus-Anhur like this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I guess I'm just lucky to hardly play Ubisoft games from the start, but it looks like they're really stealing EA's spotlight here. You guys do hate them!
    But yes, I can relate to the NFT stuff and shutting down of games and expansions that one actually paid for, but I would not have expected them to take pole position :D

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Square-enix recently

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Of course, Bohemia Interactive!!!!*

*This is a shill post ;)

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    EA killed my Battlefield franchise.
    ActiBlizz has dropped the ball on their (Blizzard) games big time over the last years, making me consider stopping to play Hearthstone and avoiding Overwatch in the near future.
    Konami makes me wonder when I last played a game they made...
    Ubisoft is a brand I avoid because they have little that I haven't already played (ACs are all the same, Anno 1800 is expensive af with the DLCs).
    Bethesda is obviously letting any positive sentiment from Skyrim I still had die over that decade with no new game and crap mod policies so I have no hope for the next Elder Scrolls title.
    CD Project Red and their Cyberpunk fiasco... I did not suffer as much as others, but all enthusiasm I had after Wither 3 GOTY edition died and "degraded" them to "one of them" status.
    Square Enix runs along the lines of Konami for me I have to admit...
    Tencent = Epic = I don't care on a good day, I don't like their EGS policies on a bad day.
    2K Games... actually hasn't really offended me lately, so I guess they're ok, more or less.
    Gearbox games haven't been on my disc since HL1...

So yeah, who's the good guys again? Help me find out fellow gurus :D

Backstabak, cerebus23 and Horus-Anhur like this.
  10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Good companies. Maybe Devolver Digital.
    Lot's of great games, most indies with innovative gameplay. I don't remember any bad thing they did recently.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ubisofts badness beside running mechanics into the ground, seems to boil down to they wanted to disable multiplayer and some dlc stuff and nuked entire games instead.

12. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    There are many small Indie companies that make great games. They're budgets are not huge but we clearly see they care and want to create a product for people to enjoy. Retroarc and Fightcade are fantastic utilities also. There are thousands of great classics to play.

I personally still admire Santa Monica Studios, Sucker Punch, Guerilla Games, 343, Namco and Insomniac.

Santa Monica is dealing with a bunch of friggin losers that can't be patient. These same idiots will be the first to criticize if they see the slightest glitch and give the game a bad score.

Undying likes this.
  13. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Where is CRAPCOM ?

Undying likes this.
  14. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I was going to mention CAPCOM but I'm going to give them a chance to redeem themselves with SF6.

For me personally SFV is finally a decent game but the path Capcom took to get there was deplorable. The amount of monetized DLC for a product that was clearly unfinished upon release was insane! Pressure, budgets, fiscals, deadlines and GREED can screw up a great game!

Street Fighter X Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and SFV are stains in their history that should be avoided. I don't have a problem paying for great DLC as long as the initial game is finished with the proper R&D Quality Control fault checks.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Only 10 choices to vote. And I considered that Capcom is not as bad as those.
    But anyone can create a thread and a vote.

16. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    Konami is the worst look what did to Kojima and PES

Undying likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Silent Hill? That hurts the most.

18. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    DonĀ“t forget Metal Gear Solid.

PhazDelta likes this.
  19. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The community definitely let KONAMI how we were upset with their treatment of Kojima. Kojima put the company on his back and brought them much success only to be shunned and disrespected.

Look at KONAMI now. They're only a shell of themselves without Kojima. I didn't like Nintendo shunning Gumpei Yakoi or SEGA shunning Yu Suzuki and Yuji Naka either.

@WhiteLightning's post about workplace harassment at Activision sticks out over the other companies.

20. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    You mean Valve who:

- Left team fortress 2 in the dirt only giving it more monetisable cosmetics every update?

- Completely raped dota 2's artstyle with 10 buck cosmetics to the point where heroes aren't recognisable are anymore?

- Removed a dota 2 champion's looks citing "chinese cultural" reasons only for them to reintroduce it as a 20 dollar cosmetic?

- When told they couldn't sell lootboxes anymore in Belgium and Netherlands they disabled it for those countries and made community posts trying to turn the communities against their government?

- When the paid mods creation club scandal was happening they were acting as if it was 100% bethesda with Gabe Newell even making a transparent "i just came back from vacation and im pissed" post on reddit when afterwards it was clear they nodded to Bethesda and told them they could easily monetise mods?

- Outright banned community servers in CS:GO that gave you skins of weapons (temporarily while on that server) you had to open 100 lootboxes for.

- Monetised sprays in CS:GO which were always free.

- Blatantly refuses to communicate with the community only when crap hits the ultimate fan.

Valve may not openly frack around, but thats because they are smarter and sneakier about it. Besides Valve doesn't make games anymore, they sell games. It makes more money.