Cleaning dust out of case with Makita blower

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PeteRoy, Jul 9, 2022.

1. PeteRoy

PeteRoy Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080ti
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    heh that's pretty cool. Unfortunately I bought another blower before I bought my Makita stuff, or I would have gotten this one too just for the sake of using the batteries I already have :D

PeteRoy likes this.
  3. Nice! I use an electric air mattress pump with the largest nozzle; it's basically a handheld blower

cucaulay malkin and PeteRoy like this.
  4. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I just use a regular air compressor with PSI tweaked to a lower setting but it works great, and it works really really great on the raidiators. Briggs & Stratton 10 gal. 150psi max I just bought a big one so I can use it with other stuff also, painting, air tools, it was worth the investment all kinds of uses for it. And blows pc out in 5/10 minutes and done, gotta say again unless you wanna pull the raidators to rinse out the fins a good compressor does it. With the raidators you don't want to be a inch away from the fins combined with high pressure it can damage the cheaper rad's out there. Just back off 6 inchs keep psi down and your golden. Another trick is to attach a copper line to the air gun end about a 6 to 8 inch piece and can pinpoint where you want the air. Hey I was bored and have tried different setups to blow out pc so thought I would put my knowledge of it to use. And I have never damaged anything with it going on 10 years now.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    sykozis and PeteRoy like this.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've been using an air compressor for the last 20 years. Does the job and as long as you're careful, nothing gets damaged. Occasionally I'll resort to those cans of compressed air, when I'm dealing with an issue that I think might be caused by dust in a PCIe or RAM slot, or if I'm cleaning out a keyboard.

6. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    same here

7. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    I use the Makita as well, have for a few years now. Works ok.